Advise me on my next game to play to improve trophy completion

Hocking_1988

Hey all, I don’t know if this is possible, but I have so many games that are unfinished etc. Could people be kind enough to look at my profile and advise me where I should focus my energies into getting some of my games platinumed or at least high completion. I almost need a plan to stick to, but am a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

Thanks in advance

To improve % wise you probably want to start with games on your list that you have low amount of trophies collected in, but if it was me I would start by sorting by % competed and go where you are the closest to 100% and go down the list.

If a game has online prioritize that game so you don't get stuck with server closures. By doing it this way you can go for the near completed and feel like you get somewhere.

Honestly your profile looks kinda decent (At least compared to my mess haha). But definitely keep playing Life is Strange, it's an awesome game imo ;) Also you're damn close to MW Remastered's plat! Maybe finish that too. Other than that I can't really give advice. I personally just don't want to finish certain games haha, and both of our profiles are filled with those ones xD 

If I were you, I would go for games that are quick wins just to reduce your list a bit. Knocking out some shorter ones will make you feel better. Life is Strange, Never Alone, Resogun, etc. However, if you're worried about completion rate, you really shouldn't. Play your games to have fun and not as a chore to be done. I had like 100+ games on my profile before I started trophy hunting and a completion rate of about 16%. I got my first platinum about a year ago and from there got into trophy hunting. I started working on things in my back log and I was really frustrated with some of the stuff I started and wish I hadn't etc. I had to accept early on that a pristine profile is not in the cards for me. However, I started my own community events based around completing games from my backlog. Matching games to specific themes for an event is really helping me make choices about what to play without getting overwhelmed. I have a goal in mind this year that I will try to get all the games on my profile to A rank. Not platinum, Not 100%. A rank. The reason is that with A rank you can feel good that you have surpassed most of the hunters on this site. You won't get stuck on long grinds for shit games or overly difficult trophies etc. I think an A rank is something you can be proud of and will hopefully take some anxiety out your decisions on what to play or not play. 

11 minutes ago, Suparichie123 said:

Honestly your profile looks kinda decent (At least compared to my mess haha). But definitely keep playing Life is Strange, it's an awesome game imo ;) Also you're damn close to MW Remastered's plat! Maybe finish that too. Other than that I can't really give advice. I personally just don't want to finish certain games haha, and both of our profiles are filled with those ones xD 

Haha what games do we have that are the same that you don’t want to finish?

5 minutes ago, DarknessKey92 said:

inFamous Second Son, is quite simple.

Sleeping Dogs, is a great PS3 title with a few guides made here.

Never Alone

Life is Strange is also a very simple plat.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is a pretty great game, and there's also a guide for some of the challenging stuff.

I no longer have my ps3, I do have sleeping dogs on the PS4 aswell which I have not played yet. Same with the Arkham games as I got the remastered games which I haven’t even opened yet. 

1 minute ago, Sigma999 said:

Uncharted Drake's Fortune , Uncharted Lost Legacy ,Uncharted 4 and Infamous Second Son are easy and rather quick plats imo 

I defo plan to get the Uncharted lost legacy platinum. I have just finished my first play through. The one issue with that game is Chapter 4 ( the one with all the collectibles) it is driving me mad because no matter what guide I follow I just can’t seem to get all of them

You seem to like your footy so you could start with mopping up FIFA 15, 17 and 18. You're not too far off on 15 and I'm sure 17 and 18 shouldn't be too difficult for you seeing as you've managed to plat 16 already. As others have suggested above, Infamous Second Son is a very quick and easy plat whilst also being an enjoyable game. I was also going to mention a number of your PS3 titles but decided against it as you mentioned you no longer have your PS3 in the above post.

Edited by Zolkovo

15 minutes ago, Hocking_1988 said:

I defo plan to get the Uncharted lost legacy platinum. I have just finished my first play through. The one issue with that game is Chapter 4 ( the one with all the collectibles) it is driving me mad because no matter what guide I follow I just can’t seem to get all of them

I spent sooo much time in chapter 4. I feel your pain.

3 minutes ago, Hocking_1988 said:

I no longer have my ps3, I do have sleeping dogs on the PS4 aswell which I have not played yet. Same with the Arkham games as I got the remastered games which I haven’t even opened yet.

Oh I see, hmm well I guess try working on Life is strange 1st, then inFamous Second Son, and Never Alone.

16 hours ago, Hocking_1988 said:

Haha what games do we have that are the same that you don’t want to finish?

Honestly, we don't have too many games in common! But many games I saw on your profile didn't appeal me too much, and I personally own A LOT of games I wouldn't want to start/continue playing either :D That's what I was trying to say^^ 

So I think at the weekend I will try to get life is strange finished as everyone says that will be simple enough to do. I think then I will maybe give infamous second son another play through. I think from memory I need to do the evil run through on expert, from experience is expert difficulty hard?

46 minutes ago, Hocking_1988 said:

So I think at the weekend I will try to get life is strange finished as everyone says that will be simple enough to do. I think then I will maybe give infamous second son another play through. I think from memory I need to do the evil run through on expert, from experience is expert difficulty hard?

IT is a Lot easier if you do the expert run with evil karma because you get stronger powers.  Expert is really easy though.  Just use the karma streak in the bigger fights.

Hi Hocking, welcome!

I would advise Hitman: Absolution, great story and not too hard. If you want to play a great game that will help you exercise muscle/twitch, Batman: Arkham Asylum is a great choice!

Btw, good looking start to your profile ?

Edited by Bullstomp

Out of the ones I've platted I'll try to put them in order of how easy I thought the plats were (so highest=easiest)

- Life is Strange

- Infamous SS

- Until Dawn. Main thing here is different endings and making sure you make the right choices at certain points of the game, so definitely use a guide. You might get sick of replaying chapters but it's not that hard per se.

- Battlefield 4. Campaign was pretty easy and the multiplayer is very active, didn't take very long.

- Sleeping Dogs. Pretty easy, just kinda long.

- Far Cry 3. It's been a long time but I had fun with that plat. I have no clue about the online population now, but I'm sure people are still boosting it. I liked the online stuff but it could get annoying to find 4 people to stick to the map you needed to do.

- Wolfenstein TNO. Only low down because of a few pretty annoying sections on uber difficulty, but I'd say there were only really 3 parts I had trouble with and it was still doable.

- TLOU: Remastered. One of my favourite games but in comparison to the others here it would probably take longer, plus survival difficulty, or grounded if you want to 100% it will make it harder than something like Sleeping Dogs. The online stuff is a bit of a grind to some people too.

- GTA V. Very grindy plat. Great game but the collectibles trophies were pretty boring to do and there are quite a few of them, plus the grind to rank 100 on multiplayer wasn't fun to me. 

Edited by Charizarzar
Put FC3 lower down

19 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Hi Hocking, welcome!

I would advise Hitman: Absolution, great story and not too hard. If you want to play a great game that will help you exercise muscle/twitch, Batman: Arkham Asylum is a great choice!

Btw, good looking start to your profile 1f60a.png

Thanks, I don’t have my ps3 anymore so cannot finish those. Although I do have Arkham Asylum on ps4. It is just the combat challenges etc I struggled with. If it wasn’t for them I think the plat would be obtainable 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update on this, I have platinum Life is Strange and started infamous second son. 

Now i I have downloaded ratchet and clank and Horizon Zero Dawn and Heavy Rain, as never played these... and here is the reason why I struggle to platinum games. So many games so little time