Ps+ March 2018 (Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank) + end of PS3/Vita PS+ in 2019

Gwendly

2 hours ago, Rune2303 said:

Well ...

DpQ9YJl.png

Thats just like your opinion dude ... 1f60f.png

Nah in all seriousness the difficulty I could give two ***** about if the rest of the game appealed even slightly to me .. I just don't know man. Can't pass judgement until I've at least tried it but from what I've seen the gameplay honestly just looks like a bland mashup of hack and slash RPG's and trial and error super meat boy gameplay. The story seems hardly existing unless you're willing to dig into the games wikipedia page online and the atmosphere ... well to be fair this seems like the most interesting aspect of the game to me although I'm afraid the dark gloomy "spooky" looking areas will start to get repetitive if thats all you get throughout a 40+ hour game

Still never said I wouldn't give the game a try (why wouldn't I when its free) its just hard to be ecstatic about a game I've got so many doubts about 1f61e.png

Thank you, that's my point. If it's free at least try it.

I bought it day one and didn't get into it, so I shelved it ( I was a Demon's Souls purist and didn't like the changes at first). Another forum member whom I respect immensely slapped me in the head and told me to give it another go. Which I did. And I ended up loving it so much I made Youtube videos on it.

All I am saying is don't pass judgment until you really give it a try?

1 hour ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Your power lies in your wallet pal. If Sony’s policy does not suit you, then just don’t renew your subscription. The rest is just words...

I'm sorry, I'm not conformist. If I do not like something, I'll say it as I please.

Simply a outstanding month from plus. Bloodborne is a masterpiece, incredible how much love Fromsoftware delivered with this game. 

Ratchet I was literally about to buy on the latest sale, glad I didn't, with Monster Hunter taking all my gaming time on PS4, that one would probably be on standby, so having this opportunity definetely brings a smile.

Even Mighty Number 9 is fun, sure it isn't Megaman x but it's far from being awful. 

Lastly I really hope this bloodborne freebie is a sign of a possible announcement of a sequel at E3, I can only hope :D

Already had Ratchet & Clank. In fact, it was my first PS4 game purchase.

After hearing about Mighty No. 9, I really didn’t want to buy it, but as part of PS+? I’ll give it a shot.

The rest? I’ll try ‘em out, why not? Or at least put them in my DL queue. (R&C, too, if I decide to get rid of my disc copy, much like Knack earlier this year.)

10 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Thank you, that's my point. If it's free at least try it.

I bought it day one and didn't get into it, so I shelved it ( I was a Demon's Souls purist and didn't like the changes at first). Another forum member whom I respect immensely slapped me in the head and told me to give it another go. Which I did. And I ended up loving it so much I made Youtube videos on it.

All I am saying is don't pass judgment until you really give it a try1f60a.png

Sounds like @MMDE. Iknow he's the one who got me to try Bloodborne, which I enjoyed a lot. Unfortunately because of a save file corruption I never got far, excited to try again now that I have a digital version.

And yeah, more people should at least try a game before judging, unless the judgement is as basic as "I don't like the genre/artstyle".

10 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I don't want online MP in my games anymore. I'm tired of it being forced into every game when it isn't needed. And, unlike past generations, we are now expected to pay a premium to use that content, when the company is making billions in profit. Not to mention the cloud save back up. This basic functionality should be offered free, especially when the company is doing so well, and the gaming division is recording a disgusting amount of profit.

Sounds like a statement that wouldn't be out of place in the following thread:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/55724-the-steady-corruption-of-the-aaa-gaming-industry/

Anyway yeah,forcing multiplayer in games that don't need it and then neglecting to put effort into the single player experience is one of the reasons AAA games have been appealing less and less to me.

10 hours ago, diskdocx said:

As for this month - I have to laugh at everyone creaming their pants over R&C and Bloodborne - if these games were so amazing, why didn't you already buy them? R&C wasn't even a full priced game when it came out. FWIW, I bought it when it released, and it was a enjoyable game, but as it is now 2 yrs old, I don't get the excitement. Surely anyone that interested would have grabbed it well before now, no?

Can't speak for others but I've played both two years ago. Your reasoning is why I keep saying that I prefer getting indie titles I didn't know about yet; odds are high that if it's AAA, the people who really wanted the game would have it already.

For Ratchet & Clank, I traded it on aftwr one playthrough, figuring I'd get more enjoyment out of the title if I did the second playthrough and platinum requirements once it went on PS+.

For Bloodborne, I got past Father Somethingsomething, and then my save file glitched. So I traded the disc on again and decided to wait on a good deal for the GOTY digital edition after dealing with my backlog, but getting it now on PS+ works for me too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rune2303 said:

Well ...

Thats just like your opinion dude ... 1f60f.png

Nah in all seriousness the difficulty I could give two ***** about if the rest of the game appealed even slightly to me .. I just don't know man. Can't pass judgement until I've at least tried it but from what I've seen the gameplay honestly just looks like a bland mashup of hack and slash RPG's and trial and error super meat boy gameplay. The story seems hardly existing unless you're willing to dig into the games wikipedia page online and the atmosphere ... well to be fair this seems like the most interesting aspect of the game to me although I'm afraid the dark gloomy "spooky" looking areas will start to get repetitive if thats all you get throughout a 40+ hour game

Still never said I wouldn't give the game a try (why wouldn't I when its free) its just hard to be ecstatic about a game I've got so many doubts about 1f61e.png

Definitely play it before saying this. xD 

The battle system is a bland mashup? ... I don't think it has been done better, ever, unless maybe in some other Souls game. One of the best aspects of the game.

Trial and error? For some it might be, depends a bit on your playstyle. If all you do is run straight ahead with not a thought about your surroundings and not playing a bit safe etc, this will likely be your experience. It certainly wasn't for me. I think up to the first boss is the hardest part of the game, like in a lot of the Souls games. A lot about that is just the game trying to learn you how to play it. Beats a boring tutorial, but can definitely put some players off at first, because the game will throw all kinds of challenges in your way, so you learn to deal with it later. Once you get to the first boss and is able to do that, you've nailed the basics, at least in my experience. Personally barely died in the game after that point.

It's also not a particularly difficult game IMO. The hardest part is chalice dungeons, procedurally generated dungeons, but some the ones you need to go through are static and you get to fight a lot of unique content there with a lot of new bosses etc. I liked it a lot, but the level design is obviously nowhere near as well designed as the great main game level design.

And the atmosphere is amazing, and I doubt you'll find it repetitive considering how diverse it actually is. Like most of the Souls games, there's "areas", where each has at least one boss. You'll be exploring these areas, and they are all very different. Exploration is a great part of the game play, and it's done really well, often compared with metroidvania games in some of it's level design. Spooky, nah, it's definitely going back to being horror like in Demon's Souls, unlike the dark fantasy of Dark Souls. While Demon's often was a bit more gritty, depends a bit on the world, the style is way more Lovecraft-ian and Stoker with eastern European city feel, it's definitely a lot more horror than it first seems. Is it scary? You probably won't be too scared, but exploring the levels will likely keep you on your toes.

No idea why you got so many doubts about it? :S Sounds like you've been pushed away by all the "git gud" and "so hard" etc. Go look at the rarity of the Souls plats and Bloodborne. Does that look like the rarity of a difficult game? Promise you, it's not difficult. The hardest part is the stretch to the first boss, if for no other reason the amount of enemies the game throws at you. You gotta learn to deal with them in a smart way. I recommend try to lure them out one by one if you wanna kill them all. The wolfs isn't a particularly nice surprise at the end either. Really, just throwing everything in your face for you to learn deal with it, but once you do it's much easier. Also, if you really struggle, just level up a couple of levels and it's much easier.

1 hour ago, Cool Rick said:

For Bloodborne, I got past Father Somethingsomething, and then my save file glitched. So I traded the disc on again and decided to wait on a good deal for the GOTY digital edition after dealing with my backlog, but getting it now on PS+ works for me too.

Game warns you not to just quit the game whenever. Use the in-game exit game first, as it saves all the time and you turning off the game might risk some damage to the save. It shouldn't corrupt your save even then, but apparently it did for you.

Easy to backup Bloodborne saves though, and the way the saving works is so you can just exit the game whenever, and it will continue you from where you left off. Any enemy you haven't killed will have full health though.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Game warns you not to just quit the game whenever. Use the in-game exit game first, as it saves all the time and you turning off the game might risk some damage to the save. It shouldn't corrupt your save even then, but apparently it did for you.

Easy to backup Bloodborne saves though, and the way the saving works is so you can just exit the game whenever, and it will continue you from where you left off. Any enemy you haven't killed will have full health though.

Yeah I did not quit while saving, I know that warning so I only ever quit when in that safe zone, after thqtsave icon has disappeared

It was a glitch where the game thought I didn't have the full game installed yet. Apparently it happened to more people who have the basic game on disc, though it might be that the glitch was forced on me because in between my first play sessions and when I wanted to pick it up again, I deleted the game (but not the save data) from my PS4.

Anyway, bygones be bygones. I actually started to enjoy Bloodborne a lot when the glitch happened, and I'll definitely start over now that I have it through PS+. Possibly the one game I wanted to restart on the most.

I'm doing another KYC event this month but feel free to yell at me if I haven't started on Bloodborne again come May.

Edited by Cool Rick

19 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I'm too scared to play Bloodbourne. 

Spooky, nah, it's definitely going back to being horror like in Demon's Souls, unlike the dark fantasy of Dark Souls. While Demon's often was a bit more gritty, depends a bit on the world, the style is way more Lovecraft-ian and Stoker with eastern European city feel, it's definitely a lot more horror than it first seems. Is it scary? You probably won't be too scared, but exploring the levels will likely keep you on your toes.

I honestly wouldn't worry about the scary factor, because it's not trying to actually scare you all that much. It's more of an artstyle.

Edited by MMDE

No idea why you got so many doubts about it? :S Sounds like you've been pushed away by all the "git gud" and "so hard" etc. Go look at the rarity of the Souls plats and Bloodborne. Does that look like the rarity of a difficult game? Promise you, it's not difficult. The hardest part is the stretch to the first boss, if for no other reason the amount of enemies the game throws at you. You gotta learn to deal with them in a smart way. I recommend try to lure them out one by one if you wanna kill them all. The wolfs isn't a particularly nice surprise at the end either. Really, just throwing everything in your face for you to learn deal with it, but once you do it's much easier. Also, if you really struggle, just level up a couple of levels and it's much easier.

Exactly how I felt once I started getting into the game. If Father Somethingsomething is the worst when not going for the platinum, as you claim, it's going to be a breeze.

6 minutes ago, Cool Rick said:

Yeah I did not quit while saving, I know that warning so I only ever quit when in that safe zone, after thqtsave icon has disappeared

It was a glitch where the game thought I didn't have the full game installed yet. Apparently it happened to more people who have the basic game on disc, though it might be that the glitch was forced on me because in between my first play sessions and when I wanted to pick it up again, I deleted the game (but not the save data) from my PS4.

Anyway, bygones be bygones. I actually started to enjoy Bloodborne a lot when the glitch happened, and I'll definitely start over now that I have it through PS+. Possibly the one game I wanted to restart on the most.

I'm doing another KYC event this month but feel free to yell at me if I haven't started on Bloodborne again come May.

No, the game has an "exit back to main menu" thingie. Press the option button, go to system and exit game or something like that, that's how you save. If you experienced some other issue, alright.

3 minutes ago, Cool Rick said:

Exactly how I felt once I started getting into the game. If Father Somethingsomething is the worst when not going for the platinum, as you claim, it's going to be a breeze.

First part, the forest and chalice dungeons is probably the hardest parts of the platinum IMO. The freaky people you meet late in the forest. o.o''

Edited by MMDE

Just now, MMDE said:

No, the game has an "exit back to main menu" thingie. Press the option button, go to system and exit game or something like that, that's how you save. If you experienced some other issue, alright.

If that's what the game has, I definitely did that (plus only quitting when in that safe zone). I once lost all my progress in Batman Arkham Asylum because I turned off my console after a death (which apparently also causes the game to save) so I've been extra cautious since then about stopping games.

Google "bloodborne game download not complete", it's shows a bunch of threads on the glitch I'm talking about (and the workaround/fix thing did not work for me, unfortunately)

17 hours ago, Rune2303 said:

Damn. Shame I already own R&C but its a fun game so great for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet and is interested. Guess I still got blood borne ... so thats something? Just wish I didn't already have some pretty tough games on my backlog to finish off (Super meat Boy, Wolfenstein 2/I am Leben) since this kind of makes it so I'm not really that stoked about my one free game being another ball buster ?

As for the drop for PS3 and Vita? Uhh ok? Hopefully Sony either gives us SOMETHING more than just 2 PS4 games or they seriously step up their ps plus discounts (yeah .. unlikely) or they step up the general quality of ps plus games every single month (..maybe?) Either way if nothing else happens besides the loss of content Sony is sure to catch a lot of heat for this decision considering they just recently raised the price of ps plus too 

Not sure why you compare Bloodborne to Super Meat Boy or Mein Leben... One is like 4-6/10 difficulty somewhere, while SMB and Mein Leben is like 9-10/10... :|

15 hours ago, K_Raw21 said:

Never played Bloodborne but I know a lot of people who talk great things about it so I'll give it a try. I didn't download any games last month they were all trash. Ratchet and Clank is a childhood favorite so I'll def snag it! It's a good month for me when I download 1 game, it's a great month when I download more than 1 

RiME is great, Spelunker HD is great and Grand Kingdom is pretty good... so not sure what you're talking about. Sure, Spelunker HD is definitely not for everyone, but those into some old school side scrolling platforming, it's a great game.

19 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Definitely play it before saying this. xD 

The battle system is a bland mashup? ... I don't think it has been done better, ever, unless maybe in some other Souls game. One of the best aspects of the game.

Trial and error? For some it might be, depends a bit on your playstyle. If all you do is run straight ahead with not a thought about your surroundings and play a bit safe etc, this will likely be your experience. It certainly wasn't for me. I think up to the first boss is the hardest part of the game, like in a lot of the Souls games. A lot about that is just the game trying to learn you how to play it. Beats a boring tutorial, but can definitely put some players off at first, because the game will throw all kinds of challenges in your way, so you learn to deal with it later. Once you get to the first boss and is able to do that, you've nailed the basics, at least in my experience. Personally barely died in the game since then.

It's also not a particularly difficult game IMO. The hardest part is chalice dungeons, procedurally generated dungeons, but some the ones you need to go through are static and you get to fight a lot of unique content there with a lot of new bosses etc. I liked it a lot, but the level design is obviously nowhere near as well designed as the great main game level design.

And the atmosphere is amazing, and I doubt you'll find it repetitive considering how diverse it actually is. Like most of the Souls games, there's "areas", where each has at least one boss. You'll be exploring these areas, and they are all very different. Exploration is a great part of the game play, and it's done really well, often compared with metroidvania games in some of it's level design. Spooky, nah, it's definitely going back to being horror like in Demon's Souls, unlike the dark fantasy of Dark Souls. While Demon's often was a bit more gritty, depends a bit on the world, the style is way more Lovecraft-ian and Stoker with eastern European city feel, it's definitely a lot more horror than it first seems. Is it scary? You probably won't be too scared, but exploring the levels will likely keep you on your toes.

Well I'm always glad to hear good things about the game but I wouldn't really say I've gotten pushed away from the game due to all the get good talk .. it just really didn't boost my already sort of low interest in the game I guess? I mean feels like whenever Bloodborne (or the souls series for that matter) is brought up on the internet all 90% people seem to talk about is how hard the game is or how great a gamer they believe they are since they were able to beat it. 

Now I guess when I say bland I don't mean bad it just seems ... done to death already? I mean looks like your standard action game with light/heavy attacks, dodge, parry and I suppose some sort of ranged attacks? Which while certainly not bad I guess I just don't really see how this sort of gameplay alone would elevate the game to "OH MERH GAWD 11/10" sort of levels as you see a lot of people praising it as :P 

Still I am definitely gonna give it a try as it is free and I am pretty firm believer its best to try things out for yourself instead of blindly following what others tell you to do. I do however feel like some people simply need to accept that this game just might not be something for everyone. I mean I certainly don't think I'd have ever picked it up if it wasn't for offered for free simply because I've honestly become of a story driven player over the years and aside from the gameplay I didn't really think the game had anything to offer me. That and the gameplay didn't really seem like it was worth 42 $ to me (which is more or less what it costs in the ps store where I live)

18 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Not sure why you compare Bloodborne to Super Meat Boy or Mein Leben... One is like 4-6/10 difficulty somewhere, while SMB and Mein Leben is like 9-10/10... :|

RiME is great, Spelunker HD is great and Grand Kingdom is pretty good... so not sure what you're talking about. Sure, Spelunker HD is definitely not for everyone, but those into some old school side scrolling platforming, it's a great game.

Tch tch, while I'll give you that meat boy is probably way harder than either of those two, lets just remember that difficulties change depending on who you ask :P I honestly just lumped it in there because of the meme status of "get gud" these games have gotten on the internet more so than actually believing the game is really THAT hard. Now Mein Leben I wouldn't even put up to a 7. Maybe a 6 or a 5 since there is actually very few "challenging" spots in the game that can't be cheesed simply by camping and letting the enemies funnel through to you until they are all gone. The real challenge for that trophy lies in finding enough time in your day to go for it and muster up the patience to sit through the same cutscenes over and over again

7 minutes ago, Rune2303 said:

Well I'm always glad to hear good things about the game but I wouldn't really say I've gotten pushed away from the game due to all the get good talk .. it just really didn't boost my already sort of low interest in the game I guess? I mean feels like whenever Bloodborne (or the souls series for that matter) is brought up on the internet all 90% people seem to talk about is how hard the game is or how great a gamer they believe they are since they were able to beat it. 

Now I guess when I say bland I don't mean bad it just seems ... done to death already? I mean looks like your standard action game with light/heavy attacks, dodge, parry and I suppose some sort of ranged attacks? Which while certainly not bad I guess I just don't really see how this sort of gameplay alone would elevate the game to "OH MERH GAWD 11/10" sort of levels as you see a lot of people praising it as :P 

Still I am definitely gonna give it a try as it is free and I am pretty firm believer its best to try things out for yourself instead of blindly following what others tell you to do. I do however feel like some people simply need to accept that this game just might not be something for everyone. I mean I certainly don't think I'd have ever picked it up if it wasn't for offered for free simply because I've honestly become of a story driven player over the years and aside from the gameplay I didn't really think the game had anything to offer me. That and the gameplay didn't really seem like it was worth 42 $ to me (which is more or less what it costs in the ps store where I live)

Yeah, people think they are so pros for beating it, but it's not that difficult, it just makes them feel like they've accomplished something difficult. It delivers on that part without being too difficult.

Well, it's not done to death, other than in the series... My guess is you'll find it very refreshing, as it's not the run of the mill crap that I too find super boring. The worst offense many of the recent hack n slash games do is long automatic animations etc. None of that shit. Play it, then get back to me about it. :P 

The gameplay is great, but the game also got a story. It's not story driven, and it won't be too much up in your face about it, but there's a lot of story to be discovered etc.

Edited by MMDE

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, people think they are so pros for beating it, but it's not that difficult, it just makes them feel like they've accomplished something difficult. It delivers on that part without being too difficult.

Well, it's not done to death, other than in the series... My guess is you'll find it very refreshing, as it's not the run of the mill crap that I too find super boring. The worst offense many of the recent hack n slash games do is long automatic animations etc. None of that shit. Play it, then get back to me about it. :P 

The gameplay is great, but the game also got a story. It's not story driven, and it won't be too much up in your face about it, but there's a lot of story to be discovered etc.

Heres hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised ? 

Edited by Rune2303

19 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

If it's any motivation, the DLC for that game is quite good (and I am pretty harsh on my evaluation of DLC).

If I had to guess, it will rest around 15-16% when this offering comes and goes.

Oh boy after reading this and watching few reviews I have to say that I would take it right away if I would have some spare money ;). I just love the vibe of this Lovecraftian fishing village!

27 minutes ago, MMDE said:

25 minutes ago, Rune2303 said:

Heres to hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised 1f609.png 

I agree here that the game Bloodborne is amazing at giving a sense of accomplishment. That moment you realise a boss started its dying animation while you are still standing is wonderful.

I'd also say Bloodborne is the easiest game to get into of the Soulsborne series, but that might just be because the setting appeals to me more. But it really feels like the save points are placed a bit better, and its more obvious what the game wants you to do (I've played a bit of Dark Souls 1 and 2 but both open up their world real fast). The area up until the second boss isn't really that big so you're quicker to realise what approach works in the game.