Ps+ March 2018 (Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank) + end of PS3/Vita PS+ in 2019

Gwendly

Is it really such a bad thing, to not want to throw your controller through the TV? :P The Souls series has never been of any real interest to me, so I can't say if I'll ever find the time for Bloodborne. Bomber whatever and Mighty No. 9 are the only other ones I don't already own, and those don't really interest me either.

Great month for those that don't own some of these already, though! Ratchet & Clank is stellar, and Claire is a neat little game. 

1 hour ago, Katt said:

SIXTY USD, 60 USD, SIX-TY JU ESS DEE FOR 2 STUPID GAMES EACH MONTH

lmao.

lower the stupid price or riot.

Put another way - $60 for 24 games, which makes a $2,50 per game average. $10 if you only are interested in one game out of four, not speaking about the cloud and online features. Just look at this month's line-up as an example: a game like Bloodborne for ten buck, is that really worth a riot?

Never played Bloodborne but I know a lot of people who talk great things about it so I'll give it a try. I didn't download any games last month they were all trash. Ratchet and Clank is a childhood favorite so I'll def snag it! It's a good month for me when I download 1 game, it's a great month when I download more than 1 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

I cannot believe how many people are getting Bloodborne FOR FREE and are saying "I'm not playing THAT . . .". Are you fucking kidding me? That is one of the best games this generation and you're getting it free!!! Is almost like easy games like "Mayo" has emasculated the majority of gamer culture.

PICK UP YOUR SKIRT, GRAB YOUR CONTROLLER AND DISCOVER TRUE GAMING!

Well ...

DpQ9YJl.png

Thats just like your opinion dude ... ?

Nah in all seriousness the difficulty I could give two ***** about if the rest of the game appealed even slightly to me .. I just don't know man. Can't pass judgement until I've at least tried it but from what I've seen the gameplay honestly just looks like a bland mashup of hack and slash RPG's and trial and error super meat boy gameplay. The story seems hardly existing unless you're willing to dig into the games wikipedia page online and the atmosphere ... well to be fair this seems like the most interesting aspect of the game to me although I'm afraid the dark gloomy "spooky" looking areas will start to get repetitive if thats all you get throughout a 40+ hour game

Still never said I wouldn't give the game a try (why wouldn't I when its free) its just hard to be ecstatic about a game I've got so many doubts about ?

• Like 2

I'm glad I passed up buying Bloodborne a few times when I saw it on sale!

Sad to hear that they're reducing the number of PS+ games to 2 in March 2019.  I only have a PS4, but I've picked up some games I really enjoyed for it from the PS3 and Vita offerings.  I guess it was only a matter of time before they dropped support for both though.  I hope this means we're going to be hearing about a PS5 soon.

4 hours ago, Cool Rick said:

I wasn't hoping for anything, I was expecting that this is not just a drop, but a swap. Of course I'll be pissed if there's no trade-off, and I don't really think it's remotely likely that the rumour of PS+ ending up with only 2 PS4 games and nothing to take the place of the dropped games is actually true.

At any rate, I think you trying to laugh in my face because of this is jumping the gun by a wide margin.

And since it's Sony we're talking about, I don't think it's even remotely likely that they will give us more than 2 games in the IGC.  The only reason the IGC was good before PS4 was because Sony was losing the console war and was doing everything it could to compete with Microsoft.  As long as Sony is winning, they like giving nothing back to their customers.  I fully expect them to go back to 2 random indie PS4 games too, and I expect them to cut PS3 and Vita network features.  You're free to disagree, the good news is we'll see who ends up being right in about a year.

4 hours ago, Justin__Harris said:

People complain about getting free stuff. What were you expecting? Shadow of the Colossus? Wolfenstein II? You pay the cost of one AAA game for a year and get access to all the online features and more than 30 FREE games a year, and it's still not good enough.

Not everyone plays games the same way you do.  I personally would prefer all games to offer offline only trophies (or do what ME3 did and offer an offline alternative for the same online trophy), and I would never touch the network, at all.  I don't like online gaming, but if I want to Platinum or 100% most of my games, I need access.  That access comes with a pricetag since PS4.  This is one of the main reasons I almost never subscribed to XBL Gold and eventually stopped gaming on 360.  IGC aren't free games either, as long as you pay, you get to play them.  Stop paying, and you no longer get to play them.  It's like calling PS Now free games, it's a misnomer.  And since there's no guarantee I haven't already played or don't already own any of these games, giving some arbitrary number of 'free' games isn't accurate either.  And lastly, since I only buy games once they've come down to ridiculously low prices (under $5), and I get to keep them forever since I almost exclusively buy physical, the pricetag for 2 'free', usually indie games, isn't worth it.  I was wondering why there were so many sales on a yearly PS+ card recently.  It's cause they wanted our money now before making this announcement.

Value in gaming is completely subjective to the gamer.  I'm happy for you, or anyone else who thinks 2 random PS4 games a month for $60 is a wonderful offering and money well spent.  For me, and others in this thread, and probably countless others out there in the world, this is not good news, and honestly a bad sign for where PSN is going in the future.

• Like 3