PS3 and Vita games to be removed from PS plus from March 2019

FreeSpark22

26 minutes ago, Raitandrul said:

The best PS Plus offerings were in late 2012 and all of 2013. When the PS4 came the quality dropped significantly, because "this is for the payers".

This is true unfortunately, I wonder if the increase of top tier games this year means that we are entering the "golden age" for ps plus for PS4 before the PS5 launches 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dalailama1989 said:

Any PS3 or PS Vita Monthly Games downloaded or previously added to your Download List will remain playable for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member.

Yeah I got that...however, if you only have the PS3..and they no longer offer any more freebies, then you have to pay for a membership only to keep the free games you previously received available...which means that they really aren't free anymore...

24 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Yeah I got that...however, if you only have the PS3..and they no longer offer any more freebies, then you have to pay for a membership only to keep the free games you previously received available...which means that they really aren't free anymore...

:S But, they never were free. You've been rented them.

I understand the "you won't get more of those" sux for all of us, but to play them you always needed to pay the subscription.

21 hours ago, Mosik_YP said:

I hope they go all out for PS3 and release the best of the best since they are in the final phase

They won't. Because they will want to remaster all best things on PS3 to PS4.

If people got them on PS3, they wouldn't buy them on PS4.

19 hours ago, Raitandrul said:

The best PS Plus offerings were in late 2012 and all of 2013. When the PS4 came the quality dropped significantly, because "this is for the payers".

This is the best thing I've seen today :DDDDDD

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Raitandrul said:

All the bitching about how shitty Plus was in late 2012 and all of 2013 says otherwise. 

22 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I'm interested to see what happens to all the PS3 free games obtained once the support for the PS3 goes away....will people's libraries suddenly become smaller or will members retain access to the games as long as they maintain their PS4+ accounts....

Um... the same thing that happened with all the PSP “free” Plus games when support for the PSP went away. People still download their PSP games. Now no one has to wonder ever again. 

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Um... the same thing that happened with all the PSP “free” Plus games when support for the PSP went away. People still download their PSP games. Now no one has to wonder ever again. 

And when the PSP titles briefly returned a year or two ago people complained because they were PSP games lol.

But i can't complain, thanks to Ghost of Sparta i had access to a DLC for GOW3 that wasn't unobtainable otherwise.

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

And when the PSP titles briefly returned a year or two ago people complained because they were PSP games lol.

But i can't complain, thanks to Ghost of Sparta i had access to a DLC for GOW3 that wasn't unobtainable otherwise.

People asked if they would be able to download PSP games in the future? I’m confused. 

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Never said that. I wrote that they complained like this: "Blah, PSP games! We want real Vita games!"

Oh. My comment on the PSP games was unrelated to the quality of Plus games comment. I quoted PSXtreme asking what would happen to PS3 games from Plus when the PS3 is no longer supported and responded it will be a repeat of what happened with the support of the PSP games.

People have and always will bitch about any and all Plus games. The thing that always amused me about some of the complainers was they wanted more AAA games, but then bitched when they got them and already owned them. Well duh, it was a AAA title, so it probably sold a shitload and lots of people already had them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Oh. My comment on the PSP games was unrelated to the quality of Plus games comment. I quoted PSXtreme asking what would happen to PS3 games from Plus when the PS3 is no longer supported and responded it will be a repeat of what happened with the support of the PSP games.

People have and always will bitch about any and all Plus games. The thing that always amused me about some of the complainers was they wanted more AAA games, but then bitched when they got them and already owned them. Well duh, it was a AAA title, so it probably sold a shitload and lots of people already had them. 

They probably wanted a Uncharted game every month.

Anyway the Plus games will stay for everyone as long as they renew their subscriptions.

• 3 months later...

With this Flash Sale happening, it got me thinking: what if Sony offers plus users PSVR games with the monthly lineup change coming in March? I know that they stated only 2 PS4 games (which I person believe it should be 3 to compensate the lost of PS3 and vita games), but it doesn’t rule out that possibility of adding the VR games to plus. 

8 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

With this Flash Sale happening, it got me thinking: what if Sony offers plus users PSVR games with the monthly lineup change coming in March? I know that they stated only 2 PS4 games (which I person believe it should be 3 to compensate the lost of PS3 and vita games), but it doesn’t rule out that possibility of adding the VR games to plus. 

I was thinking the same thing. Catalog is getting bigger by the month so it's possible. Either way I think we're right, in at least it'll be eventually. 

They're probably also trying to horde a bit of moneys to compensate when the ps5 comes out in ?2020? and they have to pay the developers to put ps5 games on ps+

Edited by Dav9834

I mean, they basically are already cutting Off Vita/Ps3 games since they could give us good ones if they want to being the last year and everything but oh well i guess....

I Just hope if they add VR titles and stuff it's only 1 out of at least 4 games because me and many others don't care about the VR and so i'll probably never play that games anyway even with PsPlus. (Unless the VR drop down to like 50-75 € and not costing like a Console itself) 

On 6/23/2018 at 2:47 AM, Sora9427 said:

I mean, they basically are already cutting Off Vita/Ps3 games since they could give us good ones if they want to being the last year and everything but oh well i guess....

I Just hope if they add VR titles and stuff it's only 1 out of at least 4 games because me and many others don't care about the VR and so i'll probably never play that games anyway even with PsPlus. (Unless the VR drop down to like 50-75 € and not costing like a Console itself) 

The Playstation VR also gives people motion sickness. For me Sony wants too much money out of it. To be paying that much to get something that only a few games use or benefit from is not worth it.

Sony would much rather forget the Playstation 3 or Vita exist and want you to subscribe to Playstation Now. I don't need to be paying for another service, I'm already paying for a bunch of services that are eating up my paychecks.

On 23/06/2018 at 10:48 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

I'm sure majority of us do.

Will it, though?

Nope. Because XBox isn't a competition.

For now maybe, but things can change pretty quickly. Remember the terrible PS3 launch? Not sure that many people would have bet for such a Sony dominion at the next generation back then. PS4 and Xbox One are entering the final loop of their life cycle and you can be sure Microsoft will have learnt from their mistakes, just like Sony did...

• Like 1

On 26/06/2018 at 9:13 AM, Spaz said:

The Playstation VR also gives people motion sickness. For me Sony wants too much money out of it. To be paying that much to get something that only a few games use or benefit from is not worth it.

Sony would much rather forget the Playstation 3 or Vita exist and want you to subscribe to Playstation Now. I don't need to be paying for another service, I'm already paying for a bunch of services that are eating up my paychecks.

Adding VR games may only benefit a couple of million players for now, but Sony knows that if they give plus owners dozens of VR games then eventually people will just buy PSVR. Happened with me and the VITA. 

As for PS Now, seems like big changes are coming if the rumours of downloads are true. The two services could conceivable be rolled in together if so. Which would be fine with me as long as they include a cheaper option without the PS3 streaming, I haven't got time for all those hundreds of PS3 games and would just buy the disc for those I want. 

I can't see the price staying the same for just two games. Its inconceivable. 

1 minute ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Adding VR games may only benefit a couple of million players for now, but Sony knows that if they give plus owners dozens of VR games then eventually people will just buy PSVR. Happened with me and the VITA. 

As for PS Now, seems like big changes are coming if the rumours of downloads are true. The two services could conceivable be rolled in together if so. Which would be fine with me as long as they include a cheaper option without the PS3 streaming, I haven't got time for all those hundreds of PS3 games and would just buy the disc for those I want. 

I have really nothing against the VR as a console itself, but I still think Sony wants a bit too much money for it. The price has gone down and you can save yourself some money and hassle by shopping around.

I can see myself getting Job Simulator and The Playroom VR, since they both look interesting. I think the prequel to Until Dawn is only on Playstation VR, but I heard it's not quite as good.

The thing I don't want to see is getting PSN completely cut off from the PS3/Vita. I spent a lot of money paying for DLC, PSN only games and whatnot from the Store and I would absolutely hate to see all that money go to waste. I think PSN is shared across all platforms so I don't think we have too much to worry about. But the server closures with practically every Vita game and PS3 game leads me to believe that online activity isn't going to last much longer on those consoles.

I better get on Playstation All Stars, Killzone Mercenary on the Vita and all the Assassins Creed games on the PS3 before it's too late.

56 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I have really nothing against the VR as a console itself, but I still think Sony wants a bit too much money for it. The price has gone down and you can save yourself some money and hassle by shopping around.

I can see myself getting Job Simulator and The Playroom VR, since they both look interesting. I think the prequel to Until Dawn is only on Playstation VR, but I heard it's not quite as good.

The thing I don't want to see is getting PSN completely cut off from the PS3/Vita. I spent a lot of money paying for DLC, PSN only games and whatnot from the Store and I would absolutely hate to see all that money go to waste. I think PSN is shared across all platforms so I don't think we have too much to worry about. But the server closures with practically every Vita game and PS3 game leads me to believe that online activity isn't going to last much longer on those consoles.

I better get on Playstation All Stars, Killzone Mercenary on the Vita and all the Assassins Creed games on the PS3 before it's too late.

Freeing up server space by shutting down online games few play is inevitable. I admit I don't really give a damn as I don't play online games. You need to view games that need online psn support as "games as a service", all of which eventually close. 

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

You aren't paying for games.

You are paying for online features.

403295147892277249.png?v=1

Of course the pricing is going to be the same.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was once again raised in commemoration of finally purging the unwanted parts.