PS3 and Vita games to be removed from PS plus from March 2019

FreeSpark22

When I first read the Playstation e-mail, I registered the cut-off date as 2018 and felt pretty disappointed as I only got the Vita 3 weeks ago but giving one year's notice is rather fair, I guess, and I only hope that they will be giving better discounts on the Vita games once they are no longer given away. Also, it would be an enormous bonus and a very nice touch on Sony's part if, on farewell next year, they let people pick - say - two games from all the past free PS+ games collection that they may have missed - I know I missed many good ones.

• Like 1

There are so many PS4 and PS Vita cross platform titles that I think it's a shame that they won't at least give 1 of those a month together with the 2 PS4 titles. You can't tell me those mostly indie games are so incredibly expensive.

As for the PS3, I am fine with that even though I still play quite a lot of games on it.

4 minutes ago, Joker said:

I don't know man. In all honesty, if it were my buisness I'd have cancelled support for the PS3 in mid 2014 probably.

I'm not fanboying, but for me a generation is over as soon as the next one arrives.

Luckily that is not how it works. Because up to the day that they can sell you a PS4, they will happily charge you for a PS3. They can not just stop support on that from one day to the other just because there is something new.

6 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Luckily that is not how it works. Because up to the day that they can sell you a PS4, they will happily charge you for a PS3. They can not just stop support on that from one day to the other just because there is something new.

I'm just talking PS+ here, not general support, should've mentioned that.

Yeah, I know, those are just my 2 Cents on it. I have used my PS3 like 10 times max. in the last 5 years, so I can't really stay on the ''support it forever'' side.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

"Hello guys, you mislabeled this PSOne Classic as compatible with Vita but it doesn't work, please change the description..."

"... have you tried doing a System Restore on your PlayStation 4 system?"

Ugh, if the PS3's store is ever shut off. rip to my access to Castle of Illusion forever since it doesn't download the unlock key from the webstore, and it's not on my download list. I can't only get it through the actual shitty PS3 store.

Support won't even forward these problems to a technical team to fix. But they'll force you to go through thousands of items on your download list before moving down their garbage checklist of trouble shooting options.

Glad our money is going toward paying people who could be replaced by a bullet point list on a website.

43 minutes ago, Joker said:

I don't know man. In all honesty, if it were my buisness I'd have cancelled support for the PS3 in mid 2014 probably.

I'm not fanboying, but for me a generation is over as soon as the next one arrives.

And what, only give out 2 games? And then later raise price of PsPlus? Of course if they did remove giving Vita and Ps3 games way back in 2014 maybe price wouldnt had increase or we mayy get better PS4 games than the majoirty of indie craps these last 4yrs. Who knows. But I doubt it be good for business in the end. There was still plenty of Ps3/vita users then, removing would mean go game elsewhere at least for me.

23 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

And what, only give out 2 games? And then later raise price of PsPlus? Of course if they did remove giving Vita and Ps3 games way back in 2014 maybe price wouldnt had increase or we mayy get better PS4 games than the majoirty of indie craps these last 4yrs. Who knows. But I doubt it be good for business in the end. There was still plenty of Ps3/vita users then, removing would mean go game elsewhere at least for me.

Haha, this reads like I'm the one who raised the PS+ price ? Y'all owe me 99$ a month now!

I still think it would've increased btw.

That's just business. They'd have lost next to nothing if they did it  ''my way''. Most people just think what they get now is theirs to have for all eternity. Even if Sony would've cancelled PS+ support for the PS3 as late as 2025, you would still get the same butthurt ''but I just recently bought a PS3'' comments. Everyone adjusts over time.

Also people on the internet just love to bitch about stuff.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm happy for anyone getting good deals on PS3 & PSVita through their PS+ subscription, I personally just don't fucking care for last gen hardware is all.

Edited by Joker

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Ugh, if the PS3's store is ever shut off. rip to my access to Castle of Illusion forever since it doesn't download the unlock key from the webstore, and it's not on my download list. I can't only get it through the actual shitty PS3 store.

How is it not in the Download List? If it's not in that list you aren't supposed to have it.

3 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I just hope this doesn't indicate an upcoming countdown to pulling PS3 and Vita from PSN in general... I need to hurry up with my Vita backlog so I can still sync the trophies. ?

Once again they can't do that. PSN is an integrated network, if they shut it down on one, it would shut them all down. The most they can do is shut the stores off, like they did with the psp

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

Once again they can't do that. PSN is an integrated network, if they shut it down on one, it would shut them all down. The most they can do is shut the stores off, like they did with the psp

If they never understrood this years ago they'll never understand this now... and they keep saying "PS3! PS3!" but the PSP has been around for more time.

Yeah, just read the email this morning.

I'm surprised Sony is not pushing anything about the VR Games - maybe sometime next year we hear something about it.

I will still keep my PS3 & Vita and buy used games with no MP even after March 2019.

Will this mean the PS+ subscription will drop in price from $59.99? :hmm:

12 hours ago, Joker said:

Haha, this reads like I'm the one who raised the PS+ price ? Y'all owe me 99$ a month now!

I still think it would've increased btw.

That's just business. They'd have lost next to nothing if they did it  ''my way''. Most people just think what they get now is theirs to have for all eternity. Even if Sony would've cancelled PS+ support for the PS3 as late as 2025, you would still get the same butthurt ''but I just recently bought a PS3'' comments. Everyone adjusts over time.

Also people on the internet just love to bitch about stuff.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm happy for anyone getting good deals on PS3 & PSVita through their PS+ subscription, I personally just don't fucking care for last gen hardware is all.

I wouldn’t give a flying fuck if PS4 was backwards compatible. Microsoft did this with Xbox One so why isn’t Sony doing the same thing?

Oh wait, they saw they could cash in on cheap remasters so instead of making the console to where you could play your PS3 games on your PS4, you have to either buy a PS3 console or wait until the games are rereleased as remasters. You’re honestly buying the same game on a newer console, albeit with a few touch ups. That is just lazy, but it gives these companies more money which is why they’re making remasters. 

Remasters for many people are to play games that they missed out on a previous generation. The Uncharted games, the Assassins Creed games with Ezio, Dishonored, Devil May Cry, the list goes on. 

PS Now is there, but it doesn’t have all the games from the previous generation. It’s online only and quite frankly the service itself is crap. So unless you want to play the inFamous games on PS Now, you have to buy a PS3 and buy a retail copy of the collection. The Dead Space games and inFamous games haven’t been remastered. 

The mainstream has dropped the PS3 and Vita entirely and solely plays the PS4. But there’s a lot of games from both the PS3 and Vita worth looking at. Not everyone is interested in the latest and greatest AAA games coming out. I encourage people to expand their horizons and play a variety of games. 

I never got to play Vanquish, Dead Space 2, Spec Ops the Line and Resistance 3 simply because I jumped into trophy hunting rather late. Having games like those offered on Plus would be fantastic. But Sony is dropping all support because PS4 is where the sales and mainstream audience are at. If they’re interested in a PS4 Pro that’s even more money for Sony. 

They’re catering to the kids and up and coming gamers who have just started to experience their first steps in the real world. Gamers like me, who have played video games for over 25 years, are gradually being shafted in order to make way for a new generation who will set the course for the future of gaming. And that’s who Sony is targeting and pouring their resources onto.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

How is it not in the Download List? If it's not in that list you aren't supposed to have it.

Because the store is a POS. Webstore shows as purchased just won't download the key. I think it fucked up when they delisted the game, then relisted it. Because I had no issues redownloading keys for the other demo unlock games I had installed.

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Because the store is a POS. Webstore shows as purchased just won't download the key. I think it fucked up when they delisted the game, then relisted it. Because I had no issues redownloading keys for the other demo unlock games I had installed.

I downloaded, installed, played and finished Castle of Illusion back in November. 

Once I bought the game via the PS3 Store I got both the key and the actual game. I don’t know if people have problems seeing this if you’re looking at the Store on the web browser via your PC. 

Unless somehow they fucked up on your end. I don’t know how the Store works for Canadians but I would think that since Americans and Canadians both share the NA Store, it’ll be the same thing. 

You got ripped off. Support is every bit as stupid and retarded because Sony probably hires assholes who only get minimum wage, who eventually quit because Customer Service these days is a complete joke. 

If I had to deal with Customer Service and only got paid minimum wage I would sure as fuck get the fuck out of there. So you’re probably stuck with people who don’t know what the hell they’re doing. And they’re likely reading off a script because nobody properly trains them to deal with the general public.

Looks like you got tough fuckin luck.

Edited by Spaz

Saw this earlier this week and this is an absurd considering they raised the price to $60.If we're getting 4 less games per month they better drop the price below $50 but of course they won't since Plus is now a necessity for anyone who wanna play online on PS4.

Also I'm glad some people here noticed that 2 big games like Bloodborne and Ratchet in a single month happened just to make it easier to absorb the news that we're getting less and paying the same shit.

PS:Its true PS3 and Vita offerings haven't been that good as of late but there is always a good game here and there...better get a good game once in a while than none at all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

They’re catering to the kids and up and coming gamers who have just started to experience their first steps in the real world. Gamers like me, who have played video games for over 25 years, are gradually being shafted in order to make way for a new generation who will set the course for the future of gaming. And that’s who Sony is targeting and pouring their resources onto.

This is so true...you're 100% right.

12 minutes ago, Welmosca said:

Saw this earlier this week and this is an absurd considering they raised the price to $60.If we're getting 4 less games per month they better drop the price below $50 but of course they won't since Plus is now a necessity for anyone who wanna play online on PS4.

Also I'm glad some people here noticed that 2 big games like Bloodborne and Ratchet in a single month happened just to make it easier to absorb the news that we're getting less and paying the same shit.

PS:Its true PS3 and Vita offerings haven't been that good as of late but there is always a good game here and there...better get a good game once in a while than none at all.

People are asking for games like Dead Space 2 and Vanquish to be offered on Plus. 

Maybe Sony could offer these PS3 games to be readily available on PS Now, only you can play them as part of a trial so as long as you’re paying for Plus you don’t have to pay more to play those games. 

Regardless Sony doesn’t give a shit about the PS3 and Vita anymore. As I said earlier the PS4 is the most marketable product, and the kids and young people who mostly play online are what’s making Sony the money. Since you’re required to pay to play anything online on PS4, it was purely a business decision. 

If you own a PS4 Pro, that’s even better. That’s what Sony wants from more people.

Sony is making billions of dollars in profit but they can’t properly invest in good customer service. Wouldn’t surprise me if the top guys are out buying luxury cars, big houses and expensive yachts. Because that’s what every businessman at the top practically does these days.

Edited by Spaz

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

People are asking for games like Dead Space 2 and Vanquish to be offered on Plus.

We already got Vanquish...

9 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

This is not a normal behaviour. You are supposed to see it. Have you tried using PSDLE and searching for it manually? Maybe it moved to a different date in the list?

On 01/03/2018 at 10:44 AM, Potent_Delusions said:

I'm a Playstation fan, not a Sony fanboy. I play playstation, I don't go around promoting Sony and sucking their dick about how fantastic their games are. Their consoles are good, their customer service and just about everything else is abysmal. The two are completely seperate from one another. Sorry you aren't able to decipher the difference between the two, brain box :)

On 01/03/2018 at 10:59 AM, Lance_87 said:

"Hello guys, you mislabeled this PSOne Classic as compatible with Vita but it doesn't work, please change the description..."

"... have you tried doing a System Restore on your PlayStation 4 system?"

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

You got ripped off. Support is every bit as stupid and retarded because Sony probably hires assholes who only get minimum wage, who eventually quit because Customer Service these days is a complete joke. 

If I had to deal with Customer Service and only got paid minimum wage I would sure as fuck get the fuck out of there. So you’re probably stuck with people who don’t know what the hell they’re doing. And they’re likely reading off a script because nobody properly trains them to deal with the general public.

I don't know how it is in North America, but aside from one instance where I was trying to get some help and the Customer Support agent outright started fighting with me on the phone over the most stupid things (I sure hope their center's Quality Analysts gave him a stern talking to), the service where I live has been amazing. The agents have been super nice and helpful.

Back in 2014, my then 9-year old PS2 was having trouble reading the discs after the astonishing amount of use me and my brother gave it, so I called them up and asked if they actually still repaired those (fortunately, they did), so I sent it to them for repair. The thing is, they didn't even bother repairing it, they just sent me a brand new one for cheaper than it cost when it was still on the market.

Once (2004-ish), I also called them to say my PSOne monitor was on the fritz, but they told me they didn't repair those anymore. About 6 months later, they just call me out of nowhere to ask me if I wanted a brand new monitor entirely free of charge. I obviously said yes, so they just came all the way from Madrid (634 Km) just to give it to me. I still have it and it still works (as far as I know, haven't used it in a while). They were probably going to throw all of their stock away and remembered that it would be kind of a waste since I wanted my old one repaired, but still, I dare you to find such selfless customer service anywhere.

Sony Europe's tech support is pretty damn amazing.

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

We already got Vanquish...

How long ago?

I wouldn't mind some games getting onto Plus TWICE, if that means a few years wait between the last time they were offered. That's a lot more fair than just dumping the entire PS3/Vita lineup, and then limiting the offerings to only two PS4 games, which as far as we know might be shit. Or as someone else said are two to five year old PS4 games, games that thousands if not millions of people have already played.

9 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

~snip~

Potent is from the UK so I guess the United States isn't the only one having problems.

Maybe Sony Europe doesn't do a half assed job of treating their customers right. I don't know really.

Edited by Spaz