Quantity Over Quality

romanwestfall

When it comes to trophies, I've found that it's more fun to simply take what I can get between all the games I've played. I'll go for Platinum or 100% when possible, but I won't obsess over an unfinished game if I can't get the trophies remaining. I believe the time I spend trying to get a difficult/near impossible trophy in one game could be spent enjoying a different game with easier trophies. I've finished some games without getting all the trophies and I'm fine with that. The reason for this post is simply cause I'm curious if there are others like me who would rather just take what they can get trophy wise and enjoy the game more for it. Who else is okay with ditching the more annoying trophies for ones that are easier and more enjoyable to get. 

Edited by romanwestfall

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

I like my platinum trophies, but I won't play a game I don't like to get the trophy.  I have to enjoy the game first, then I am willing to put in the time to get the rest of the trophies.

I don't enjoy a game less because some of the trophies were difficult.  I actually end up enjoying the overall experience more after I manage to complete that difficult task.

That's a viewpoint I can agree with. :) Easier to get trophies when the game is fun for you and plenty of games are still fun even with the difficult trophies.

30 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I typically do a blind playthrough of a game and decide afterwards if it's really worth the time and effort. Sometimes yes. Sometimes no.

That's something I should try to do more often. :)

In my very early days of a trophy hunter, I was kinda like that... but then I got a little addicted & OCD kicked in, forcing me to make a new account... Now I don't start my next game until I have the plat for the current one I'm playing (now I have 80+ platinums & a 95%+ completion rate). :P 

Of course I'll only play games I enjoy (mostly JRPGs, I do like an occasional FPS though too), I wouldn't play a sports game even if it handed me a platinum. xD 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Masamune said:

In my very early days of a trophy hunter, I was kinda like that... but then I got a little addicted & OCD kicked in, forcing me to make a new account... Now I don't start my next game until I have the plat for the current one I'm playing (now I have 80+ platinums & a 95%+ completion rate). :P 

Of course I'll only play games I enjoy (mostly JRPGs, I do like an occasional FPS though too), I wouldn't play a sports game even if it handed me a platinum. xD 

Fair enough. xD At least you're focused on the games you're enjoying which is very good.

I can 

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I take the middle ground. I try to get all the trophies in every game I play, BUT I only play games that I know I'll like and want to go for all of the trophies. At some point, maybe I'll run into a game I don't want to finish, but it hasn't happened yet.

Good opinion in my book. :) Will give a lot of stuff a try at least and continue if I want to. 

1 hour ago, Asvinia said:

Oh boy, this thread again..

giphy.gif

I'll ditch almost impossible shit like Trials, or sometimes multiplayer trophies, but I'll usually try for everything else.

Fair enough. xD And sorry, haven't looked on the forums much so can assume I'm not the first one to make this post.

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

I normally have a whole thing I like to post when I see threads like this, but I'm feeling lazy today.

I play games I like. If I stop getting any enjoyment out of it, then I stop playing it.

Fair enough. xD First post I made here on the forums so apologies if it's a tiresome subject.

25 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Another quality vs quantity thread? 1f914.png

Guessing I'm not the first then. xD

8 hours ago, romanwestfall said:

Guessing I'm not the first then. xD

No but  I think that question is very usual when people do more trophy hunt and the answer is almost always the same: "Don't care about what people say about your games/platinums" "Play games you like" "I like play easy games because I don't have time" "please closed the thread" and more ?

also this: :popcorn:

It really all depends on what i am aiming for. Example when i was on my 70th platinum i cleared out all my visual novels played Cat Quest which i loved and a few other easy games in my backlog to make Uncharted: Lost Legacy my 75th. Between milestones i generally just play games i enjoy or want to finish. However when i get close like maybe 5 off or 2 or something like that i generally am guilty of buying an easy platinum to boost myself closer to pop a platinum i want as a milestone that i love 

I play only games I am interested in, but I'll always go for the 100% completion due to my OCD.

Sometimes trophies encourage me to buy a game I was not quite sure about it before, for example Sine Mora Ex or SMB, because these games have some UR and challenging trophies.

It also happens, that because of trophies I find new, interesting games, I did not know of before, for example OlliOlli or Titan Souls.

There still needs to be some kind of interest in the game itself, otherwise the trophies wont change my mind towards the game, for example I am Bread, Surgeon Simulator or Crypt of the Necrodancer (not that I would be able to 100% the game anyway :D).

I completely avoid easy platinums just for the sake of the trophy, but I don't mind them, if the game itself is, like I said before, interesting to me.

I understand your point of view. At the moment I am playing MSG V: TPP and going for the 100% completion is a pain in the ass and I would gladly play something else and never come back to it again. But it is part of me and part of my trophy hunting journey. It helps me to appreciate the better and more fun games and their trophies and at least I got more out of a game, than just by playing it for 1 or 2 hours and never touching it again afterwards.

It kinda "hurts" me, when I see profiles with so many games, where only one trophy was earned and was never touched again .. I see it as a waste of money. But hey, whatever floats your boat. I am not here to judge anybody.

13 hours ago, Asvinia said:

Oh boy, this thread again..

giphy.gif

To be fair, this isn't really a "quantity vs. quality" thread like we've seen before. Usually, those threads become re-tread polemics about whether a trophy hunter with My Name is Mayo plat is a scumbag or something. This thread seems far more tame. It's just about getting a plat in a game or not.

Anyway, for me, I like to get the plat. If I can't do it, that's fine (Super Meat Boy comes to mind), but I don't really like quitting a game simply because I don't like it. After all, I bought it.

1 minute ago, Mori-101 said:

It kinda "hurts" me, when I see profiles with so many games, where only one trophy was earned and was never touched again .. I see it as a waste of money. But hey, whatever floats your boat. I am not here to judge anybody.

I don't know if it hurts me, per se, but I can't wrap my head around it. I have a ton of disposable income these days, but I still don't feel like I have enough to put up a giant list of F or E games.

Edited by starcrunch061

I only get hard platiniums or really time consuming on games I really like but if a game ask you to do thing I dont want or feel so cause the game is boring or just not so good for me I will not.

Close example look my trophies with knack I will not going to pass it 3 - 4 times more to get those relics no sir I prefer to play other things

What Blasphemy is this you speak of?!?!  ?

No seriously though I hear what you're saying :P I personally like to complete my games entirely, trophies and all included, if my skills allow me to do so that is, but I'm not so narrow minded that I don't realize not everyone enjoys playing games the same way I do :)

I dont let any game beat me! Ill get all the trophies for every game i play excluding dlc (unless i think the dlc looks cool and is worth my time). Bring it on!!! ? ?

oh yeah, i forgot to add... i do prefer quality over quantity usually. Rather spend 100 hours on a cool game than rushing through a 1 hour platinum. But you know, a quick plat fix now and then isnt a bad thing.

Edited by UlvenFenrir