PSA For Tempered Elder Pubs

xSubjectX420

There are so many people over level 100 that don't know how to build... if you're going to respond to an SOS for tempered elder dragons (and the room wasn't filled before you were even able to join) and you don't have a good skill build you're going to cost your team deaths. That's a fact. If you're running something with weakness exploit and some attack boosts and some random resistances then you should just be kicked. If you're going to be over level 50 and respond to tempered elder dragons you need to wear armor with skills (decorated too) that will counter the target. Here's a breif example.

Kirin:

Thunder resist 3

Stun resist 3

Paralysis resistance 3

Fire attack (dragon if elderseal)

Vaal:

Effluvium resistance duh

Dragon attack & elder seal

Earplugs 5

Health boost 3

Nerg:

Defense boost

Health boost 3

Thunder attack

Earplugs 5

Tremor resist 3

Taostra:

Fire resist 3

Heat guard  (optional)

Blast resist 3

Water attack

Earplugs 5

Xeno:

Dragon resist 3

Tremor resist 3

Earplugs 5

Fire resist 3 (will prevent from burning)

Kushala:

Wind resist 5

Earplugs 5

Defense boost (most attacks are physical)

And lot of high level noobs I see build like this:

Weakness exploit 2

*whatever element* resist 2

Critical boost 1

Marathon runner (wtf???)

*whatever element* attack 1

Stamana surge

Junk like that^

Not to say all of it's junk of coarse, just in the context of tempered elder dragons. Obviously weakness exploit is a good skill and makes for a really good Glass Cannon build but when fighting tempered elder dragons your first priority is to make sure you don't get stunlocked and killed in 2 shots or anything like that. If you're the quest poster you should check the skills your responders use to decide if you want to keep them or not. Epically because sometimes people are known to run into tempered elder dragon fights not wearing any armor to troll.

• Like 2

There'll be a lot of new hunters and we were all rookies once, you'd be better off teaching people to build and hunt rather than kicking them.  That said, if you're firing flares as opposed to hunting with friends or squad mates then you should be expecting all levels of randoms, MH has always had a community that enjoys teaching new players, as @Swifty-Joker said, just kicking people based on their build or ability is poor form.

I wouldn't use any of those builds you posted, but they're all viable, and highly variable, dependant on weapon choice and ability.  You can eat for elemental resistance L, earplugs aren't necessary for lance users etc..., marathon runner and stamina surge are good skills if used properly and/or have the complimentary skills active...

There's far more satisfaction in showing people how than expressing frustrations about competence.

• Like 2

It's really more important to know attack patterns. Your gear isn't going to matter if you're bad. Also, from what I can tell, elemental resistances don't really do anything in this game. It's better to have high def than worry about having high resistances.

Anyway, no matter what, randoms are going to be bad sometimes. It just happens. If you don't want randoms joining, then play alone, or find a dedicated group to play with.

• Like 2

While i agree with the general sentiment that you shouldn’t be doing SOS stuff if you can’t carry your own weight, the people that keep getting carted are failing due to a lack of experience or skill, not poor set building. 

On top of that, the idea of imposing what you perceive to be the optimal builds onto others demonstrates pretty poor game knowledge or at least a narrowminded approach. Most weapons can bypass the need for max earplugs rather easily, Vitality should always take priority over raw defense, elemental damage up barely applies to any weapon since raw is far superior on most weapons.

I suggest just playing with your friends then. You're going to get inexperienced SOS help, it happens. Don't get me wrong, having some dude get constantly wasted by tempered Elders can be trying, but that's the risk you take with the SOS system, think of it as gambling almost. But like @DarkestBOO stated, knowing the monster's attack patterns is usually the best defense and also like he said, not everyone is going to have those decorations and really the only way to get those great ones is actually doing those quests.

Please don't kick players for their set-ups, you never know, they may surprise you.

• Like 1

You always can die regardless of your gear and active skills - dung happens.

The only difference is if a person with defensive skills gets cornered and dies you will think "oh well, that's unfortunate"; whereas if a glass cannon player dies someone will make a post like that.

Offensive & evade skills FTW!

• Like 1

this kind of gearing can be quite useful for those having issues with the strong attack power of TEDs.

i personally run a gear set that compliments my wep as opposed to countering the monster, but that's because i'm confident in my ability to not die. but i do change some of these in and out, like effluvia for Hazak obviously. 

If you care so much about what gear your teammates wear then get a party of 4 so you don't need to SOS.

If people won't play with you maybe check your attitude.

There is more than one way to play and it's a game.  If you wipe so be it.  Don't flare unless your willing to risk getting unskilled players.  A lot of people answering flares are low skill players looking to tag along on a monster kill.

I've had people join and then faint out the team.  It happens.  Getting pissed about it won't change that.

• Like 2

I'm still under HR100 but this here is my "standard build" I use right now. I have some "specialized" builds for certain enemies I tackle solo but this here is my current "all-around" online build. Kick me and it is your loss. Yesterday I responded to 6 Vaal Hazak SOS flares (2 of them were tempered, also got his small crown) and didn't cart once. And all that without earplugs or Eff. Resi at all ;) Pack some Needleberries and you're good to go.

TIcdt9s.jpg

I do feel your pain.  It does suck to fail a quest because someone isn't prepared. But it happens I've been the dude that bites it when the monster is almost dead. If it's a 1 faint quest or I think the monster is a crown I need I don't fire an SOS. It's cut down on my frustrations at least.

Man I see a lot of this in many forums and in many games, people telling people how they should or shouldn't play. Now i get, its annoying when you are playing and some pleb comes along and just ruins that 10th attempt, but people only get better with practice and learning, kicking people because the sole fact that their build is not to your optimized liking is just plain meh.

Ive seen guys with not the best gear and not high HR but hold their own dodging and going in for hits likes pros, it comes down to practice, if you going to open your doors to randoms expect different levels of skills basically, if you want a well oiled well optimized group then you need to plan a get together with people who have like minded ideas.

I always go in expecting a group to try and thats all i can really ask for, you win some you lose some, but with each step you learn just a little more. 

The people you should be mad at are griefers and people who just sit around in camp not engaging and only there for rewards. Luckily those a far and few between. 

• Like 1

Lol, the only resistance I ever used is Effluvia, because when Vaal Hazak is on a slope and does his breath attack it's an absolute disaster.

Tempered Kirin is a piece of cake without any resistances. Just don't get greedy with hits.

This sounds more like a rant/rage post because you've lost a few in a row.

• Like 1