Spring Fling!

April 3:

• LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: 38% (13/37)
  • LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7: 52% (34/49)
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens: 8% (8/70)
  • LEGO City Undercover: 0%

So I sort of lied to myself. I did manage to get through the second LEGO Harry Potter story mode after some Diet Dr. Pepper and goddamn determination(and a ton of gaming podcasts). Will be doing my third game ASAP.

EDIT: Started LEGO Star Wars TFA, and wow was I surprised at all the new stuff like multi-builds and blaster battles. I actually enjoyed it, since there was a prologue which replayed the last 15 minutes of Return of the Jedi in LEGO form. (Yes, there was a complete collection of Star Wars LEGO games but they were Before Voice Acting.) I had for the longest time forgotten the "It's A Trap!" meme came from that movie. :D Cleared Chapter 1 and 2 and actually got True Jedi in the Prologue and Chapter 2. Also didn't realize that this game had DLC trophies. :facepalm: I honestly should have saved my money for the Marvel Superheroes Deluxe set. :(

Edited by CJ_Mystery

I started Adventure Capitalist yesterday and boy is this a funny yet stupid little game. It's like a 10 hours variation of My Name Is Mayo but with auto click available :awesome:

I'll drop Back to the Future for this one since Adventure Capitalist is 1) a futuristic game - you can buy companies/plants on the moon and the mars

And 2) i used 10 years time skips every few mins. Although that is a glitch tbh the game does acknowledge time skips but like you haven't played 10 hours  you'll get the money your businesses produced...

Adventure Capitalist 28%

No change otherwise. Haven't played Bleach for a few days because i want to get some mp trophies first (i'm done with Dead or Alive 5. In progress: NFS:MW DLC, Grid 2, LittleBigPlanet). Seeing more and more games' servers closing i won't wait until late like Killzone 2 or until it's missed like Fifa 12 and Resistance 2

22 hours ago, 2G53 said:

Yep. There is room. The entry information is in a spoiler tag at the bottom of the first post. Pick games for at least three categories. There are people doing more, but it's totally optional. 

Ok, so here we go.

So, before I list my choice of games, I must say that in my personal life, it will be quite a busy month for me (May can be a little busy, but less than April IMO), so I'll try to play safe this time, so I can fulfill my goal in this event.

Spring Chicken

Ld35fc2.png

Gravity Rush: Remastered (19%)

I started this game last week, and it is not long to platinum. I'm certain I'll be able to platinum the game this month. I think Kat's personality fits in very well in this spring category. I will also 100% the game with all DLCs, since they are rather short and the missions actually appear during the main playtrough.

Spring Cleaning

L76f6f3.png

Croixleur Sigma (80%)

Started playing on July and only have half a dozen of trophies left. Even though the last trophies I need to get might be the hardest ones (clearing Dungeon Mode in one shot is though!) and now that I have a Vita (cross save game), I can't see an excuse to leave this game as it is. (Also half another half a dozen of games, but this might be the shortest one to finish!)

Spring Into Action

L5b7e92.png

Watch Dogs (13%)

I'm already at 40% progress in this game. Even thoug I'm only 13% trophy wise on the base game, most trophies require to 100% a type of sidequest/collectible. I still have some nice hours of gameplay with this one. Of course, do I need to explain the action this game has. Explode everything with the help of a smartphone! xD

I think even this is a little ambicious but I IMO it is pretty doable. Up to 14th of May, anything can happen! :)

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

While I technically completed 3 challenges and my bonus game, I started working towards them as soon as the categories were announced back in the Love Boat challenge. So I will not rest on my laurels and I shall aim for a Grand Slam; clearing all proposed challenges. Here my additional game list so far (Haven't figured out a Spring Loaded yet):

What about spring training as an extra challange? So beat any baseball related game. 

For myself just finished my next bonus game. 

A Spring in your step. 

Midnight Deluxe.

It only took me a day to get the platinum. Could have been less but a few puzzles took quite a bit of luck to get the roll just the right way. It is weird that you can get the plat on level 40 and the game goes to 70. I may keep it on my vita harddrive and slowly complete the rest. 

This week has been stressful already and it's only Wednesday. I sprained my wrist a week ago and just recently it has gotten a bit worse. Had to go buy a brace. Tried to play something last night and it was almost impossible. I was going to attempt to play one of my games today but its been so windy that my power went out once already so, I don't trust turning my console on. 

@2G53 When ever you go do the updates on the main page, could you put my non-pick as The Town of Light? And Firewatch is at 100% (just a reminder). 

2 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

This week has been stressful already and it's only Wednesday. I sprained my wrist a week ago and just recently it has gotten a bit worse. Had to go buy a brace. Tried to play something last night and it was almost impossible. I was going to attempt to play one of my games today but its been so windy that my power went out once already so, I don't trust turning my console on. 

@2G53 When ever you go do the updates on the main page, could you put my non-pick as The Town of Light? And Firewatch is at 100% (just a reminder). 

I was just about to start the updating. I thought I updated the Town of light yesterday. I must not have clicked the button to commit the edit. 

1 hour ago, 2G53 said:

I was just about to start the updating. I thought I updated the Town of light yesterday. I must not have clicked the button to commit the edit. 

Oh. You might have. I didn't check till now so my apologies if you did before I even posted that. Appreciate it though. ?

April 4:

• LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: 38% (13/37)
  • LEGO City Undercover: 18% (12/49)

I decided to jump into the bonus game to clear my head a bit after LEGO Star Wars TFA(don't worry, I'll get the platinum for that game). I really like how LCU starts out with a snippet of "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. That's the song I listen to when I am feeling down, I love it! :D

While the LEGO Harry Potter series was droll, the other games bring new fresh stuff to the mix. For this game, it's the huge open world setting. If you love GTA but want to play it with the kids, this game is your drug and won't get you a bad parenting black mark for playing R-rated games with your kids. ;) Unfortunately, I was not able to complete story mode as it's very long and is broken up into special assignments and missions on the overworld.

I'm going to work on platinuming one of my the games in my list now because I am close to platinuming Secret of Mana and want it to be my 60th, and I don't want to waste time or money platinuming a very cheap game that I might not enjoy like Energy Cycle or Mr. Massagy just to get that #59. ?

• Like 1

April 5:

• LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: :platinum: ?

So I got my first game done. The reason was that I wanted to get Secret of Mana on my cabinet as my 60th platinum but I couldn't think about any good cheap fast crappy game to put at #59, so I just said "I finished story mode in LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4, just plat that." Took me a few hours as I kept taking naps, but I eventually got the plat. I am probably going to blow my $$$ on the LEGO Marvel pack because I wanted to play LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 since its release. $60 for two games is a big deal, but I am going to wait until tomorrow because I can use my 20% off coupon for more than two games so I plan to throw in Enigmatis 3 too when it comes out on the 6th because I want to finish that Artifex trilogy up. :D

19 minutes ago, Barbell-Disciple said:

Had a couple of BIG jobs come in at work. I won't be getting anywhere near my ps4 for the next couple of months! Sucks man, but being self employed, got to pay them bills! Hope everyone else smashes it! 1f44a.png1f4aa.png

Maybe I'll catch the next one 1f44d.png1f918.png

Real life first! I'll take you off the list of the event so don't feel any pressure from us. I hope you find some time to relax during the big jobs and play some games for yourself. 

Edited by 2G53

Going to plat the other LEGO Harry Potter game first thing in the morning so I can delete the Legacy collection off of my PS4 and make room because I am buying these games:

• The LEGO Marvel Superheroes pack(both Superheroes games for $60, not buying the Deluxe Pack as I can buy the DLC levels for 2 alongside the Force Awakens DLC levels next month since my big purchase won't be more than $50 *coughcoughShantae*)
  • Enigmatis 3
  • And maybe a couple of games less than $5

I have a special promo coupon for 20% one checkout so I am going to ram as much as I can into the cart before I use it. ;)

FRIDAY UPDATE!

I have had a pretty decent week as far as making progress on my list goes. Early in the week, I poked around at Agents of Mayhem. I like it so far! I also played through Transistor and did all the things and got the platinum. After that I spent a couple days working on Bloodborne. I restarted and had to reacquaint myself with the game and grind quite a bit so I could level up for the DLC. I read I should be in the 60s at least for it. I took down two bosses Wednesday night and thee bosses last night before I got the item that gives access to the DLC area. I got there pretty late last night. It is quite a bit harder than what I was experiencing in the main game up to that point. Mostly, because they seem to have way more health than other things I was fighting. A three-hit combo killed most regular enemies in the main game. Now I need three three-hit combos to kill something, I don't think it is harder than the end game nightmare areas that I did for the platinum though. The main game does get harder. I just hit a difficulty spike when I made the jump. I got the the first DLC boss around 2 AM. I really wanted the trophy since it had been a couple days without a fix so I called in a co-operator. Even with that, it took three attempts on the boss before he went down. Hooray!

• Transistor - 26% >>> :platinum:
  • Oceanhorn - 0%
  • Bloodborne - 85% >>> 86%
  • BONUS: Agents of Mayhem - 8 >>> 26%

• Like 3

2G54, I would like to make a shameful change to my list. For Spring into Action, I am swapping LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens for Lego Marvel Superheroes since I have placed it for my Monthly Madness for this month and purchases the LEGO Marvel Superheroes pack which includes Marvel Superheroes 2. I will complete The Force Awakens but for now I want to stay in familiar territory. (I'm at Chapter 3 in TFA now.)

Edited by CJ_Mystery

6 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

2G54, I would like to make a shameful change to my list. For Spring into Action, I am swapping LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens for Lego Marvel Superheroes since I have placed it for my Monthly Madness for this month and purchases the LEGO Marvel Superheroes pack which includes Marvel Superheroes 2. I will complete The Force Awakens but for now I want to stay in familiar territory. (I'm at Chapter 3 in TFA now.)

No shame. Haha. I'll get you updated in a few minutes. I'm going be updating everyone's percentages pretty soon. 

I'll do an update, it won't take long. I've Got as far as putting the disc for dead rising 2 in my ps3 a few days ago, ps3 crashed so while I'm waiting for it to restore itself I started rewatching breaking bad on netflix and playing football manager 14 on my vita.

Ended up getting stuck on them now. I've got a rare Saturday off work tomorrow, even rarer I've got the house to myself as my Mrs is going out for the day with my son, so I reckon I can get a good 6-8 hours on killing zombies either on dead island or dead rising 2. I'll do another update in 24 hours and see how much I get done. 

• Like 2

April 6:

• LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: :platinum:1f4af.png
  • LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7: :platinum:1f4af.png
  • LEGO Marvel Superheroes: 0️⃣

Swapped out LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens for a more action-heavy game, and what could be more action-packed than superheroes from the Marvel universe? Yes, I bought the Marvel Superheroes pack for a lot of moolah. :D

Anyways, I finally cleaned up my Spring Cleaning and it's now with the Spring Chicken title, so no more Harry Potter. I love JK Rowling's works, but the LEGO versions were before voice acting and not really fun to play through(and Years 1-4 crashed too often).

Will probably get started on LEGO Marvel Superheroes tomorrow. Good night everyone.

Edited by CJ_Mystery