Spring Fling!

1 hour ago, Fitzquaid said:

@Kent10201 @Evil_Joker88 @donut_plz Cheers for the confirmation, guys.  I have almost all the items squared away, the only part I'm cautious about is getting the Foe's Ring.

Loving The Witness so far, I just started it recently so I'm trying to forge ahead to avoid that pitfall.

I really like puzzle games, so its a shame I haven't picked that game up yet. Some day!

Okay, I think I now have a list that is mostly final:

1. Spring Chicken - The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2.  I think this game fits the category well because the Hundred Knight in this game is an animated doll born from a newly awakened witch's magic.  Don't get much younger than just being given life within the game itself.  He's also quite naive and inexperienced

2. Spring Forward - Time and Eternity.  This game includes time travel to months in the past and then back to the present to try and prevent your groom from being assassinated at your wedding.

3. Spring Cleaning - Umineko When They Cry - Question Arcs I think this one is a good fit because I got it as a gift about a year ago from a friend and while it's far from the oldest game in my backlog, it isn't exactly an inexpensive game and I really just need a kick in the pants to go play it.  Steam version and the link goes to my achievement page since finding it in my profile until I play it again would crash most browsers.

Easter egg: Tokyo Xanadu.  This game has multiple easter eggs from other Falcom games, mostly Trails of Cold Steel.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

1. Spring Chicken - The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2.  I think this game fits the category well because the Hundred Knight in this game is an animated doll born from a newly awakened witch's magic.  Don't get much younger than just being given life within the game itself.  He's also quite naive and inexperienced

I just picked up the first one on a recent sale. It looked like it might be fun. Is it a good series?

Okay, I'm gonna have to make a last minute change for this event since Okami seems too long to fit in with Sleeping Dogs AND SotC.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/151f1b/Laf972f.png  →  https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/8d0ab8/L3fa2bf.png
Spring Rolls: Okami HD Spring Flowers: Firewatch

I always had an interest in Firewatch, so I'm kinda relieved to hear that it is so short. I think it would fit perfectly for Spring Flowers (and clearly everyone else does too)!

So my new list is as such:

Spring Chicken: South Park: The Stick of Truth
Spring into Action: Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Bonus: Shadow of the Colossus

• Like 3

Just found out that the Witness is on Games with Gold so I can check it out pretty soon. I rarely play on the Xbox. I keep it subbed so my youngest can play Minecraft. However, since I started allowing my events to be cross platform, I might consider games I have on that console as well. Mostly, those are just the free monthly games. I think I only have two games on disc and Minecraft which came with the console. 

12 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Okay, I think I now have a list that is mostly final:

Easter egg: Tokyo Xanadu.  This game has multiple easter eggs from other Falcom games, mostly Trails of Cold Steel.

Good luck on Tokyo Xandu. I am playing it currently. Fun game but long. I am around 35 hours right now but still in chapter 7. Still one more to go and the epilogue. And then do it all over again in new game+.  

11 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Spring Chicken: South Park: The Stick of Truth
Spring into Action: Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Bonus: Shadow of the Colossus

I looked at doing firewatch as well. I may still since it is on my spring backlog. My other choice won out though since I am on this whole want to play a creey game.

Almost there only one more day to go. Looking forward to getting things started.

Sorry @2G53 I couldn't resist so I started my first game xD

Spring Rolls - Sleeping Dogs (Currently playing)

Bonus easter eggs game - Borderlands 2  (1 trophy for the plat)

I might be cheating with BL2 but I've been playing it since your last event ? I let you know my 2 other games later, I want to win this so I need to check wich game I could finish in time 

I also cheated a bit but that's because I won't be playing the first week of the event. I've been sitting in a car for 15 hours now on the way to Disney World for spring break and managed to get 4 hours of Mary Skelter in but now the Vita is dead and I'm extremely bored. I'll give my thoughts on the game later in the week when I get some spare time. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I also cheated a bit but that's because I won't be playing the first week of the event. I've been sitting in a car for 15 hours now on the way to Disney World for spring break and managed to get 4 hours of Mary Skelter in but now the Vita is dead and I'm extremely bored. I'll give my thoughts on the game later in the week when I get some spare time. 

Need a solar panel to hang out the window to keep that Vita going!

Seems strange to hear someone talking about "i'm almost finished, i want to win" before the event even started :D  ... i have still several hours of grinding in Bleach before me so i'm sure i i can't even start any game from my list in the first half of April ? ... probably choosing other games without a plat a few days until this events shall end :D

1 minute ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Seems strange to hear someone talking about "i'm almost finished, i want to win" before the event even started :D  ... i have still several hours of grinding in Bleach before me so i'm sure i i can't even start any game from my list in the first half of April ? ... probably choosing other games without a plat a few days until this events shall end :D

I agree! If you finish really early, you have to wait forever for the next one to start. It is what it is though. Since I allow people to use games that were/are in progress, I expected sooner or later someone would finish on the first day or two. I intentionally never rewarded the winner though. However, I made a slight change and decided to put people that have finished first be at the top of the list on the next events. so if that's a good carrot for the stick then that works for me. 

34 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

I agree! If you finish really early, you have to wait forever for the next one to start. It is what it is though. Since I allow people to use games that were/are in progress, I expected sooner or later someone would finish on the first day or two. I intentionally never rewarded the winner though. However, I made a slight change and decided to put people that have finished first be at the top of the list on the next events. so if that's a good carrot for the stick then that works for me. 

I'm satiesfied if i finish the required amount of games and enjoy the games played in these events... even if i'm last place every time that doesn't matter to me... for me it's not important in which order we are listed as it's first comes first anyways right? :) (except now nr. 1 spot is defined by last events winner)

29 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

OK... Since I need a replacement for Dragon's Dogma, I guess I'll add God Wars: Future Past to my list. It's a game that looks heavily influenced by Japanese folklore, so it fits the spring roll theme. Also, I'm hungry, so I'm going to have Chinese tonight.

That is all.

I remember you saying you'd probably wrap up Dragon's Dogma early and had God Wars in mind. I understand why you wanted to keep up the momentum on it since you had to go back to it two or three times already. I want chinese food now...