Spring Fling!

5 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I'm satiesfied if i finish the required amount of games and enjoy the games played in these events... even if i'm last place every time that doesn't matter to me... for me it's not important in which order we are listed as it's first comes first anyways right? :) (except now nr. 1 spot is defined by last events winner)

Yep. First finisher gets the top spot next time. I bumped past first finishers this time since I didn't do this for them before. But I think it will just be top spot then first come, first served. Unless, people like the idea of being elevated for all events going forward.

Chime in if you have an opinion on this!

5 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

@2G53 not a huge deal, but I'm actually doing the PS3 version of Flower I haven't started yet, so my progress is 0% :P

I'll get it updated! For anyone else that has this same issue. I just take the version with the most recent timestamp. So if I'm looking at the wrong one, it will be adjusted next time I update the list after you earn a trophy. It should save you the hassle of making a posting about it. But if  you want your list totally accurate, I can understand. So I'll update it earlier if you do post it. 

Edited by 2G53
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2018 at 4:15 PM, 2G53 said:
  • Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - 0%
  • Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 0%
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 0%
  • Lego City Undercover - 0%

You might want to capitalize all of the LEGOs, it's weird seeing only one LEGO in the list and everything else being Lego.

Was thinking about changing the list to include Dark Cloud 2 because it fit the Spring Forward theme perfectly(time travel to the future) but vetoed myself last-minute because I need to get these games their platinums and I'll probably get a ton of trophies before April 1 on Dark Cloud 2 anyways since I'm addicted to this game. xD I will work on it as a side-project reward incentive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJ_Mystery said:

You might want to capitalize all of the LEGOs, it's weird seeing only one LEGO in the list and everything else being Lego.

Was thinking about changing the list to include Dark Cloud 2 because it fit the Spring Forward theme perfectly(time travel to the future) but vetoed myself last-minute because I need to get these games their platinums and I'll probably get a ton of trophies before April 1 on Dark Cloud 2 anyways since I'm addicted to this game. xD I will work on it as a side-project reward incentive.

I agree. I am a very visual person and that drives me nuts. I'm surprised I wasn't irritated when I did it in the first place!

• Like 1

Hey @2G53 here is my list

;

Spring Rolls: Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition- 0%

Spring Chicken: World of Final Fantasy- 32%

Spring Flowers: Flower PS4- 0%

Spring Action: Far Cry 4 - 63% (base game)

Bonus: The Unfinished Swan PS4- 0% (there is a journey Easter egg in there somewhere)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

Hey @2G53 here is my list

;

Spring Rolls: Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition- 0%

Spring Chicken: World of Final Fantasy- 32%

Spring Flowers: Flower PS4- 0%

Spring Action: Far Cry 4 - 63% (base game)

Bonus: The Unfinished Swan PS4- 0% (there is a journey Easter egg in there somewhere)

Got you updated! Lots of Sleeping Dogs this time. I think even more Sleeping Dogs than we had Journeys in the last event.

After doing some thinking I've decided to add Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep to my list which falls under the Spring Chicken category. Ventus is one of the three characters you play as and he's young and naive so it's a perfect fit.

I want this to be plat 100 so I'll need to get it done during the event anyway, so why not discuss it here. :D

3 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

After doing some thinking I've decided to add Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep to my list which falls under the Spring Chicken category. Ventus is one of the three characters you play as and he's young and naive so it's a perfect fit.

I want this to be plat 100 so I'll need to get it done during the event anyway, so why not discuss it here. :D

Are you adding it on or replacing another game with it?

6 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Adding it, I think I'll still be able to make it in time. 

Sounds good. I'm only holding people accountable for three categories. You can do extra categories if you want to, but if you don't finish your 4th or 5th or 6th game, you'd still get the event badge from me.

Edited by 2G53

4 hours ago, Lorajet said:

@Fitzquaid Have fun with The Witness! Had fun with the game until that last puzzle. It is always different, randomly generated, plus you have a time crunch.  I had to sit in a dark room to recover after I failed it for the 20th time. :awesome:

Sounds... extremely worrying, thanks!

3 hours ago, 2G53 said:

I remember you saying you'd probably wrap up Dragon's Dogma early and had God Wars in mind. I understand why you wanted to keep up the momentum on it since you had to go back to it two or three times already.

Yeah... Initially my plan was just to play for a couple hours, so that I'd remember the controls when the event started. Then I got far enough into the game that I figured I might as well beat it once, since the platinum requires three playthroughs. Then I figured, "Well, the next playthrough is Hard Mode, so why not get that out of the way now?" And then I had the speedrun to do, but I figured I should knock it off while the game is still fresh in my head... And, by that point, I just had to grind to level 200, so there was no reason not to see it through.

In short, I'm glad that's over.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Yeah... Initially my plan was just to play for a couple hours, so that I'd remember the controls when the event started. Then I got far enough into the game that I figured I might as well beat it once, since the platinum requires three playthroughs. Then I figured, "Well, the next playthrough is Hard Mode, so why not get that out of the way now?" And then I had the speedrun to do, but I figured I should knock it off while the game is still fresh in my head... And, by that point, I just had to grind to level 200, so there was no reason not to see it through.

In short, I'm glad that's over.

Yeah, it happens. That's why I decided not to change my list to have Dark Cloud 2 for Spring Forward. I already got half of the trophies by the time I was done with it for the KYC event. :)

On Spring Fling's Eve, I've come up with a starting list (I'm sure, as always, there may be some variation before this event is over!):

1. Spring Break: Lara Croft Go - 0% = exotic locales
  2. Spring Chicken: Minecraft Story Mode 0% = idealistic, young 'fans' get involved in a heroic quest
  3. Spring into Action/Spring Cleaning: Army of Two The Devil's Cartel - 21% - drug war movie (w/o the fun buddy cop elements of the previous games [:(])

I'll try to come up with an Easter Egg game when I can. (Maybe a Metal Gear game?)

Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

My goal for the Spring Challenge will be to clear as many choices as possible. (That's mostly why I have a bunch of games mostly cleared.) Total list:

-Spring Foward (Time Travel / Future): Life Is Strange (PS4)
-Spring Rolls (Cooking / Asian): Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
-Spring Chicken (Young / Innocent Protagonist): Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PS4)
-Spring Loaded (Drinking / Spring Weapon): -Nothing Yet...
-Spring Flowers (Nature): Flower (PS3)
-Spring Cleaning (Backlog): The Walking Dead (PS3)
-Spring Break (Group / Exotic): Far Cry 3 (PS3)
-Spring Action (Action): Borderlands (100%)
-Easter Egg: Uncharted 3 (PS4)

Edited by ArtikSkarab
  • Like 1

Well, I know we can change the list but swapping a game I can get the plat in a week for one that takes a month isn't feasible, so bring on the LEGO games! :P I am booting up my PS4 now and downloading all of the games I need. (Forgot to do that last night. xD)

32 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

My goal for the Spring Challenge will be to clear as many choices as possible. (That's mostly why I have a bunch of games mostly cleared.) Total list:

-Spring Foward (Time Travel / Future): Life Is Strange (PS4)
-Spring Rolls (Cooking / Asian): Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
-Spring Chicken (Young / Innocent Protagonist): Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PS4)
-Spring Loaded (Drinking): -Nothing Yet...
-Spring Flowers (Nature): Flower
-Spring Cleaning (Backlog): The Walking Dead (PS3)
-Spring Break (Group / Exotic): Far Cry 3
-Spring Action (Action): Borderlands (100%)
-Easter Egg: Uncharted 3

Aren't we limited to three games?

14 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Well not necessarily. If you like you can name more than 3 games but 3 is the minimum everyone should go for. Officially there's 1 bonus game (easter egg) but why stop if you want a (bigger) challenge? :)

Why did you write Borderlands 100% @ArtikSkarab? I looked at your profile, it's 88%

Edited by Evil_Joker88

23 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

We're not limited to three games, three is just the minimum needed to complete the event. I did six games for the Code of the Elves event and plan on doing five or more for this one. :)

If I may @2G53:

• SPRING FORWARD - Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (PS3)
  • SPRING ROLLS - Judge Dee
  • SPRING CHICKEN -  Broken Age
  • SPRING LOADED – The Evil Within
    SPRING FLOWERS – Prince of Persia (2008)
  • SPRING CLEANING - Trine 2
  • SPRING BREAK – Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • SPRING INTO ACTION – Far Cry: Blood Dragon
  • BONUS GAME!!! - MGS 3

Just because I really want to complete these games too :)

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 1