Spring Fling!

6 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

We're not limited to three games, three is just the minimum needed to complete the event. I did six games for the Code of the Elves event and plan on doing five or more for this one. :)

Oh okay, well if I get my current list done, I'll see if I can add Dark Cloud 2 to the list for my Spring Forward entry since time travel to the future is a heavy aspect of the game. I'm already at 50% trophy completion, just need to get all of those medals for Moonflower Palace before completing Chapter 7. Got a lot of the Spheda done. ;)

Right now I've started at LEGO Harry Potter Collection. Completed Years 1 and 2 out of Years 1-4, and uploading to the cloud every time I complete a year so I can avoid the issue I had last time I played with this title, where something happened and I had to redo the entire game from scratch because of a bug that prevented me from completing Year 3. :( I'll finish story mode on LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 this evening, I am going to go over to my folks for Easter Dinner(grilled fajitas, my dad is cooking).

Also, anyone surprised that Easter Sunday is also April Fool's Day? I know it can happen but when the last year that happened?

Edited by CJ_Mystery

One game down: Firewatch. It was beautifully simplistic in terms of graphics but I quite loved the scenery and the story actually had captivated me from beginning to end. Highly recommend playing it. Well worth the $8 I spent on it during a sale. :P 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@2G53, just checking if you still were interested :)

Hey guys, just a little plug for a competition I am running if you are looking for something a little different: 

I saw the movie yesterday. Its good but goes quite a bit different than the book.

Just now, 2G53 said:

I saw the movie yesterday. Its good but goes quite a bit different than the book.

True, but then again they had to move the pace up slightly and change the challenges. As epic as playing Joust against a Lich King with ruby eyes, I dont think the cinema would be lit up with the thought.

19 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

True, but then again they had to move the pace up slightly and change the challenges. As epic as playing Joust against a Lich King with ruby eyes, I dont think the cinema would be lit up with the thought.

Really the only thing that bothered me was they didn't show Ready Player one when they logged into the Oasis. I thought that was iconic.

1 hour ago, xMissFantasy said:

One game down: Firewatch. It was beautifully simplistic in terms of graphics but I quite loved the scenery and the story actually had captivated me from beginning to end. Highly recommend playing it. Well worth the $8 I spent on it during a sale. :P 

Definitely a good game for $8. Kind of surprised you hadn’t played it before. Nicely done though finishing your first game off xMF ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xMissFantasy said:

The scenery is what made me feel like it was a good naturey game for that category. I was sad I didn't buy the version with the theme after. I might boot it up again for a screenshot now that we can do custom backgrounds.

Edited by 2G53
  • Like 1

@donut_plz Thanks! I had it sitting in my backlog for a couple months. Didn't touch it till now due to MHW and working a lot lol but I'm glad I didn't because it fit perfectly with one of the categories. 

@2G53 You should totally get it and play it. So much beautiful scenery. They would make perfect backgrounds or profile banners. 

23 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

My first game is done, if you want to call it that. It's spring again is about the silliest thing you can do for points. I am now a trophy whore. Shame me if you will.

Play Aab's Animals, like I did, for the trophies and then you can call yourself a trophy whore. xD

April 1:

• LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: 38% (13/37)
  • LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7: 0%
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens: 0%
  • LEGO City Undercover: 0%

So I have successfully avoided the curse that ruined my experience with my last account for Years 1-4 and completed the story mode. This is basically how I will do this: I will play the Story Mode for all four games, then do the Free Play for all four games in sequence and finally clean up everything else.

That's not to say I won't be picking up random miscellaneous trophies along the way: So far I got the following trophies for LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 other than the four story trophies:

• Watch Out! (run over 10 characters with a ridable object - I used the plunger in the courtyard)
  • Quick Quidditch (complete Year 1, Stage 3 in under 5 minutes - since I was doing a minimalist run of each stage, this was no problem to earn ^_^)
  • Good Dog (defeat 20 enemies with Fang)
  • Ghostly Treasure (collect 500 ghost studs, this came naturally and popped in Year 3)
  • Time Turner (use the Time Turner, used it as soon as I spawned in the Boy's Dorm since there is a clock you can build there)
  • Teacher's Pet (complete all story lessons - this is optional because one class, McGongall's Transfiguration class, is missable because you never visit it during the story)
  • Chilled Out (hit 20 people in Hogwarts with Glacius; that was the last thing I purchased with the money I had accrued)
Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1

Got about a third of the trophies on Murdered Soul Suspect yesterday. I love the game much more than I thought I would and the collectibles, which I thought would be overwhelming, are actually really satisfying to find. The story is really good and it doesn't feel dated even though I am playing on the PS3.

Murdered Soul Suspect 0% -> 36%

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Got about a third of the trophies on Murdered Soul Suspect yesterday. I love the game much more than I thought I would and the collectibles, which I thought would be overwhelming, are actually really satisfying to find. The story is really good and it doesn't feel dated even though I am playing on the PS3.

Murdered Soul Suspect 0% -> 36%

Nice job @Kittet3 ! Good review to hear as I need to get this off my backlog at some point too. :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey @2G53, I've decided I'm not going to participate in this event this time around, but I'll definitely be down for the next event you do after this one! :) I hope you all have fun!

No problem. I'll get the main post updated. Are you still working on Kingdom Hearts stuff?

17 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

My first game is done, if you want to call it that. It's spring again is about the silliest thing you can do for points. I am now a trophy whore. Shame me if you will.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2G53 said:

No problem. I'll get the main post updated. Are you still working on Kingdom Hearts stuff?

Thanks :). Funnily enough, I haven't touched my PlayStation in over two and a half weeks as I've only been on it to watch stuff on NOW TV and Amazon Video, so no I haven't booted up Kingdom Hearts in a while. Stardew Valley on the Switch and SuperHOT on the XBOX are keeping me pretty occupied at the minute :D.

• Like 1