Giveaway Discussion [CLOSED]

Zolkovo

1 minute ago, Katt said:

The same I could ask to you, don't play dumb.

I really don't try to convince anyone ''that I am a good person'' or anything like that in this thread. I don't see how you picked that up from any of my posts here but I'd like to know what it is that made you feel like I was trying to do that. ''Don't play dumb'' usually is an indicator that you don't actually have any reason for that and you're just bullshitting. We should stop derailing this thread more and more by the way, but if you actually feel like I did come here just to convince others that I am a good person, I'm more than open to hear what made you think that ;).

Like I said in many posts, here now, the only reason I keep posting in this thread this evening is because the OP keeps getting attacked for no good reason.

I can't enter this, but one question - what if someone is eligible to enter except for a game because they wrote the trophy guide for it? I know they don't really need guides at the end of the day, but seeing Burly Men at Sea on that list kind of broke my heart, haha. Asking just in general in case anyone might be in that situation. 

1 minute ago, Velvet said:

I can't enter this, but one question - what if someone is eligible to enter except for a game because they wrote the trophy guide for it? I know they don't really need guides at the end of the day, but seeing Burly Men at Sea on that list kind of broke my heart, haha. Asking just in general in case anyone might be in that situation. 

I can make an exception for this if you can prove that you wrote the guide, provided it was written before 12th March 2018.

@Zolkovo  I like this thread, and the idea, but even I think the rules are a bit too harsh, even after some of your edits. 

I get what you're trying to do, and make it about having profiles with games of skill / quality or whatever.  May I suggest instead of just purely outlawing games on profiles, that you allow every 3 - 5 (your discretion on #) UR plats could cancel out the games on your restriction list? 

I'll be honest, 36 Fragments of Midnight is exactly the kind of game I want to play on my Vita, not because it's easy, but I treat Vita games (sometimes) the way I would a mobile phone game when I'm wasting time and don't want in depth time suckers, while I'm not home. I haven't actually played this one, but I plan to eventually.  Also, as someone else pointed out, Sound Shapes is automatically given to you on multiple platforms. While I did take the easy route, I still play the game today, even with the hundred percent already earned, because its FUN and I'd rather not worry about trophies again just because I started it on a different platform.

If you take my suggestion, someone that actually qualifies for your skill/quality profile, won't be disqualified for that one game they actually found fun that just happens to be on your list.

PS: And then you can add more games to your restriction list since you won't have to worry about that reason anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, Zolkovo said:

I can make an exception for this if you can prove that you wrote the guide, provided it was written before 12th March 2018.

Oh I'm not eligible because I've admittedly played a few of those games, lol - it was just a general "what if" question =]

Personally, I don’t have anything against these rules, but when even an excellent gamer and trophy hunter like PowerPyx can’t enter this giveaway, I guess I can agree that this thread is pretty elitist, like some people are saying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I know Sound Shapes isn't an easy platinum, I had a very hard time myself too :P. Also, I didn't use the autopop feature to automatically unlock trophies because I personally don't want that on my profile because I did in fact only complete it one time. If you do want it autopopped on your profile, that's fine. It's just that the OP doesn't encourage it and maybe doesn't people who did that in the past 12 months to enter the giveaway. So what?

Not necessarily. For example, you are allowed to enter as far as it concerns Sound Shapes.

Sure. I’m not saying something about it’s confitions, it’s his money, his rules.

just answering about “easy games for easy money” when sometimes it’s not the case :/

1 minute ago, B1rvine said:

@Zolkovo  I like this thread, and the idea, but even I think the rules are a bit too harsh, even after some of your edits. 

I get what you're trying to do, and make it about having profiles with games of skill / quality or whatever.  May I suggest instead of just purely outlawing games on profiles, that you allow every 3 - 5 (your discretion on #) UR plats could cancel out the games on your restriction list? 

I'll be honest, 36 Fragments of Midnight is exactly the kind of game I want to play on my Vita, not because it's easy, but I treat Vita games (sometimes) the way I would a mobile phone game when I'm wasting time and don't want in depth time suckers, while I'm not home. I haven't actually played this one, but I plan to eventually.  Also, as someone else pointed out, Sound Shapes is automatically given to you on multiple platforms. While I did take the easy route, I still play the game today, even with the hundred percent already earned, because its FUN and I'd rather not worry about trophies again just because I started it on a different platform.

If you take my suggestion, someone that actually qualifies for your skill/quality profile, won't be disqualified for that one game they actually found fun that just happens to be on your list.

PS: And then you can add more games to your restriction list since you won't have to worry about that reason anymore.

I'll re-evaluate some of those games and allow the Vita version like in your example of 36 Fragments of Midnight, but I can't really see that applying to the PS4 version as well in this case.

As for Sound Shapes I didn't actually know you get all three versions for free, so that's something I can amend, but if you're region stacking then that'll still be disallowed.

I'm not going to add UR plats or whatever as a buffer/req because I feel that would still go against the kind of people I'm trying to help. I don't want this to be about skill or quality, but rather about time and money and also fun.

Thanks for the constructive feedback.

1 minute ago, LeetWolf2 said:

No, I don't think you understand. Just click the link and read my post and you'll see. It won't disappoint.

I did, and I mean it, good luck with your giveaway :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Velvet said:

I cant enter either because of this game. I actually thought it was great fun figuring out the endings to this game. And the sound effects were fantastic being they were all made with the sound designers voice. I can see how people would zip through with a guide though for a quick plat. Their loss though.

I don't really see anything wrong with the rules besides the game restrictions and hidden trophies. I've hidden a few trophies so my milestones are what I want them to be. 

So I think it's fine. 

@Zolkovo in the future for giveaways its a lot easier to make a poll. The names are all lined up making it easy to get it sorted. Quick tip of the day lol

Just to make your life easier. I've done a lottt of giveaways and the poll is sooo easy to use for keeping everything sorted

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

I don't really see anything wrong with the rules besides the game restrictions and hidden trophies. I've hidden a few trophies so my milestones are what I want them to be. 

So I think it's fine. 

@Zolkovo in the future for giveaways its a lot easier to make a poll. The names are all lined up making it easy to get it sorted. Quick tip of the day lol

Just to make your life easier. I've done a lottt of giveaways and the poll is sooo easy to use for keeping everything sorted

Ah I can still do something like this come the 21st, thanks for the tip!

2 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

I cant enter either because of this game. I actually thought it was great fun figuring out the endings to this game. And the sound effects were fantastic being they were all made with the sound designers voice. I can see how people would zip through with a guide though for a quick plat. Their loss though.

That's fair, I'll remove this from the list. I quite like their soundtracks too.

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

First of all I want to start off by saying that I mean no disrespect towards @Zolkovo, and that I do believe some of the people here are going a little too over the top. 

However, I have to agree with some of those people. 

Personally, I have three of the games on that list platted on my profile. Out of those three, only one (being My Name is Mayo) I did solely for the trophies. The other two games are Mr Massagy and The Little Acre. I found Mr Massagy pretty funny and enjoyable, and it was actually a game unlike My Name is Mayo, but even then I could see how it could be interpreted as doing it only for the trophies. 

My main issue is that you included The Little Acre on the list, and not the hundreds of other easy point and click games on PSN. The Little Acre actually has a story, gameplay, enjoyable characters and nice looking graphics. The fact that you've included that and not Alteric, Spiral Splatter, Save the Ninja Clan, Coffin Dodgers, any of the Arcade Game Series games, hundreds of Japanese VNs, etc, etc, etc, shows why the system you've set in place doesn't work. If you're gonna exclude one, you should exclude them all and with the amount of "trophy trash" that's on PSN that isn't possible and is pretty unfair to the people who have played the games on your list, when like me the other 99% is games they thoroughly enjoyed. 

Once again, no disrespect and I think it's generous of you to do a giveaway @Zolkovo. Good luck to all who willing and able to participate. 

I agree with Kent here. There's lots of bad games wiht easy trophies. I think everyone's tried a few, or bought games not knowing exactly what they were in for. I got My Name is Mayo very early deciding to trophy hunt, mostly as a curiosity. My PSN ranking and platinum count weren't really factors. I think it would be better received if you picked out a few "must play" games from your own list and said people should have the platinum on at those to enter. It would rule out elitism and instead bring the attention on great games you think people should experience.  

• Like 1