Trophy Tip [Dream Big]

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post a tip for anyone looking to get the last dream door behind them.  I looked around for a bit and a guide by PowerPyx HIGHLY recommended that you grind up to level 95 to make this dungeon super easy.  Don't, you'll be wasting your time grinding the final boss while you can be grinding out the other trophies.  Below are my two attempts at the dungeon and I'll leave it up to you all on whether or not you wanna waste your time grinding out that final boss.

Attempt 1

Average Level: 64

Team Composition: Roland / Leander / Tani

Final Boss Difficulty: 9/10

Attempt 2

Average Level: 75

Team Composition: Roland / Leander / Tani

Final Boss Difficulty: 3/10

The ten level difference made a BIG difference and I just wanted to let you all know in case anyone was not looking forward to the grind.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, itsFIGJAM said:

Isn't the boss level 95? Was it really 3/10 difficulty at level 75?

This would save me a lot of time. I'll try it this weekend and see. Thanks. 1f60a.png

Yeah, the boss is level 95 but if you play it safe he is pretty easy.  He has a lot of predictable moves and at level 75 I wasn't getting one shot by his regular hits.  Heal when you feel in danger and eat food that enhances stats that fits your play style.  I used foods that increased my attack for the most part.

• Like 1

Yeah you definitely don't need to be at a super high level to attempt this. Just got done beating him with Evan, Tani, and Bracken who were all at level 74. I brought all possible healing and revive items with me so it was pretty much a breeze. I spammed the hell out of Evan's flurry skill which knocked the boss down for just about the entire fight.

Edited by deadaim100
  • Like 1

I was 80 because this was the very last thing I did in the game before the plat, and I had Roland, Evan, and Tani. I gave Roland who was my primary character with a food item for high defense because his attack wasn't a problem, and gave Evan and Tani genie juice. I don't remember the name of the ability but Rolands ability that's a huge horizontal slash knocks the boss down every time it connects head on.

-Also as a note to people who struggle the Boss usually beats on his chest like a gorilla before he does his big moves so move away when you see that. He's not Tainted so he's not really all that bad. Possible at level 70 if you are good at dodging and have decent equipment otherwise 75-80 is plenty high enough.

• Like 3

This is actually very easy. I just finished it at level 77 and didn't hit the boss once. ? Pretty sure you can do it at low level too.

This setup:

• Boss-Woss the Bruiser 
  • Popple the Pure 
  • Frabjous the Fusiler
  • Charnel the Churlish

All Higgledy to level 10. Have some revive/heal/mana and juice/food with you. 

Hit the boss once to start the battle -> trigger the Higgledy -> summons the knights and watch the boss die. 

Very easy! 

• Like 3

Guys I messed up, so I will need to grind lol... One Higgledy is behind tainted Floode lvl 79 at canyon.. Need to beat this one to get to it. Any tips for Floode or do I need to grind more? My team is 75

Edit: Nvm managed to beat it with lots of buffs and revives

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, itsFIGJAM said:

This is actually very easy. I just finished it at level 77 and didn't hit the boss once. 1f602.png Pretty sure you can do it at low level too.

This setup:

• Boss-Woss the Bruiser 
  • Popple the Pure 
  • Frabjous the Fusiler
  • Charnel the Churlish

Hit the boss once to start the battle -> trigger the Higgledy -> summons the knights and watch the boss die. 

Very easy! 

Did this at lvl 77 just now. Let BossWoss and Popple do the job while I ran around reviving Tani and healing up. Wasn't hard!

On 4/2/2018 at 1:00 PM, itsFIGJAM said:

This is actually very easy. I just finished it at level 77 and didn't hit the boss once. 1f602.png Pretty sure you can do it at low level too.

This setup:

• Boss-Woss the Bruiser 
  • Popple the Pure 
  • Frabjous the Fusiler
  • Charnel the Churlish

Very easy! 

Agreed, I tried @ 70 with a different setup and burned thru all my soreaways and tears, got him within probably 20% or so and died after 10-15 minutes. Didn't even level up, switched out my higs for these 4 & killed him in 3 minutes or so, and he spent a quarter of the fight on the ground with all 3 hig knights out. Epic. You saved me so much time. THANK YOU.

I agree with the original post, at first I was very skeptical because I didn't want to lose all the faraway cave items by losing to the final boss there but I got the Plat on my attempt against him with a danger level 2 which made him be lvl 100 and my party was 77, sure I got tons of one hit kills but at least is possible. Level grinding in ni no kuni 2 is painfully sloe so having this problem solved definitely made me happy 

Just make sure to bring a full set of healing items and you're going to triumph 

On 2-4-2018 at 9:50 PM, Erkawest said:

Guys I messed up, so I will need to grind lol... One Higgledy is behind tainted Floode lvl 79 at canyon.. Need to beat this one to get to it. Any tips for Floode or do I need to grind more? My team is 75

I'm in the same situation...

Ok one more higgle, *sees tainted monster*

oh no please let me pass, oh no no. Really fucked up my life :D

Can someone confirm that you actually need to beat the boss in order to get the trophy? My trophy didn't actually pop until after I went through the final door in the maze after beating him....
Anyone who HASN'T gotten this trophy want to speed run the maze and then exit the last door without attempting the boss? You can definitely hug a wall and walk past and get to the door without starting the battle.
I'm just really curious about this....

@Celesteela, you unlock weapons and armor that are good enough in post-game (research topic 10 in weapons and 9 in armor should suffice) and you also unlock the synth requirements for ultimate weapons through a side quest from Fai-do and Nubi. You should always try to max out  your catalysts, and then it might be beneficial to improve the weapon (I didn't do the improve).
Some of the weapons require the highest tier materials that you can farm from your city, but the ultimates all require you to gather materials from floors 20+ of the 10th maze. If you set the "Arts of War - Fleet-footedness" (the blue running man icon in the bottom right) in your tactics tweaker to max, you can easily escape from anything you encounter (something like 3 seconds).

I beat him with Evan @ 78, Bracken @ 79, and Roland @ 78.

Definitely used Bracken's "Healing Hub" skill a lot and equipped everyone with Unbreakable Necklaces (keeps you alive with 1 HP if a strike were going to deathblow you); this allowed me to only use maybe 5 soreaways and 2-3 tears (the necklace's property is only good 1 time per life... you get saved once, die the next time, but it will work again if you revive that character). Also set up the tactic tweaker to max out Untouchability (boot in the bottom right) so that dodging kept me invincible longer. Also set up the fire element in the tweaker (for his attack that comes out of the ground... easy enough to avoid but never know if the AI will put a character there) and ramp up the solid and brutal foe choices (not sure which one it is, but I maxed both just to be safe).
Did him in after about 5 minutes... or less.

Edited by eigen-space

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 9:50 PM, Erkawest said:

This happened to me, too. I wish I read this before I completed the 50 tainted monsters. I thought I need to grind, but I upgraded my armor and some of my weapons. I also accidentally escaped the battle when I had a quarter of his life left. Moral of the story is...Do your songbooks and higgledies BEFORE you battle the tainted monsters

I completed Dreamer's Door 10 with my level 71 group: Roland, Evan, and Batu. I used Batu from the very beginning, and didn't feel like changing him out. I got him equipped with a poison axe, poison bow, and the rancor ring/ring of rancor.

• Like 1

uhmmm.. I think I went overboard with grind - I was at lvl 99 when I cleared it. Tried it at Lvl 80 on my first attempt but I thought I will have trouble with Floor 20+ since the monsters are at Level 90+ so I left and grind to 99 and I thought that when I was at 99, the mobs will ignore me - turns out, they won't even at Level 99 :|

Anyway, I thought I will have trouble with the boss - I didn't. My MVP: Evan (well... Lvl 10 Astra tbh) equipped with Armors that reduce MP usage. With that Setup Astra only cost 1 MP and every hit would stun/knock down(err... whatever it is) the boss. With proper timing, the boss didn't had a chance.

On 4/2/2018 at 10:00 AM, itsFIGJAM said:

This setup:

• Boss-Woss the Bruiser 
  • Popple the Pure 
  • Frabjous the Fusiler
  • Charnel the Churlish

Very easy! 

This helped a lot. I was using Popple from the instant I got him and liked the summoned knight since it was a good distraction and because the other attacks don't last nearly as long, even if the knights fail to hit an enemy at least they still soak up damage and aggro. Didn't think to use 4 of them. I was only level 72 when I did it.

I just knocked this out today after my first run through door 10 to farm items, I figured I'd see how hard it was. I really didn't want to grind the end boss for levels. At 75, blind with a mismatch team I really didn't have any issues clearing it, Evan took it to the face a few times but that is to be expected. xD Good luck everyone!

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2018 at 4:27 PM, Edunstar84 said:

This happened to me, too. I wish I read this before I completed the 50 tainted monsters. I thought I need to grind, but I upgraded my armor and some of my weapons. I also accidentally escaped the battle when I had a quarter of his life left. Moral of the story is...Do your songbooks and higgledies BEFORE you battle the tainted monsters

I completed Dreamer's Door 10 with my level 71 group: Roland, Evan, and Batu. I used Batu from the very beginning, and didn't feel like changing him out. I got him equipped with a poison axe, poison bow, and the rancor ring/ring of rancor.

I don’t understand how everyone is struggling with this.. I beat him pretty easily with my level 69 team.. sure I wasn’t shy in using items.. but who cares? He wasn’t hard at all.. not even a little 

30 minutes ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

I don’t understand how everyone is struggling with this.. I beat him pretty easily with my level 69 team.. sure I wasn’t shy in using items.. but who cares? He wasn’t hard at all.. not even a little 

Maybe instead of just saying that it was easy, be constructive and share your strategy. Help people instead of passive-aggressively berating them.

Edited by eigen-space

Actually, there is an easier way to grind levels post-game that doesn't involve tainted monsters or going through the final boss over and over again.

There is a little spell called "Retrial" which has only one purpose ever - by going to the various Cradles, you can cast the spell to open a portal to the Kingmaker's realm and battle the Realmwreckers again as many times as you like. Yes, you can battle Longfang, Brineskimmer, Bastion and Oakenheart in rematches. They all start at Level 50 and gain 5 levels every time you win until they are Level 120. But if you can breeze through a Level 120 Realmwrecker, you really shouldn't have any problem conquering the Faraway Forest Dreamer Door at Danger Level 5. :P

To get Retrial, you need to recruit a mouse witch called Marlene, but if you are going for the platinum, and I know everyone reading this is, you will need to recruit EVERYBODY in the list to get a trophy, so it's no big deal. It will require beating a skirmish but the level is way lower than what your army should be at by now.

Here is a video link. (And if someone did this, I'm sorry to repost this tip.)

Edited by SquidBaronet

On 6/8/2018 at 2:00 PM, eigen-space said:

Maybe instead of just saying that it was easy, be constructive and share your strategy. Help people instead of passive-aggressively berating them.

I apologize if I came off that way. 

I used Evan as my main, the entire game.. super cheese..

roland and the big chief dude (Tani’s Dad) were in my squad the entire game..

i focused on my castle and my research and I always had the latest and greatest of gear.. 

against the water ice dragon tainted monster.. I just kept my distance and used Roland and the chief as my distractions.. while I pummeled that dragon with magic.. and as I said, I wasn’t shy or skimping on the items..

i did the plat in about 75 hours.. took my time 

• Like 1