PSN Code of conduct

SnowFleurz

As someone whose kids now have their own PSN accounts, I have zero problem with them enforcing their terms of service when it comes to obscenity and bullying. Now, the message you were responding to was obviously a million percent worse and that person should not have reported you after sending that, but still....

36 minutes ago, MMDE said:

How did he find  his way on your account?

Apparently he was game sharing with a mutual friend, and started game sharing with me, the guy still had my friends account and got mad at me, what on my friends account to see my login info, kinda my fault, but he went a little too overboard.

42 minutes ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

Probably weak password. You'd be surprised by how many people use simple passwords.

Not exactly how it works. The best way to go about it is get your password from some other resource with weaker security. If similar theme, there's a lot of overlap and people share pws on different sites. ;)

8 minutes ago, FrostIsFurious said:

Apparently he was game sharing with a mutual friend, and started game sharing with me, the guy still had my friends account and got mad at me, what on my friends account to see my login info, kinda my fault, but he went a little too overboard.

But yeah, this is what happened.

Unfortunately you broke the rules yourself, whether you think it's fair within the context doesn't matter, two wrongs and all that...   As others have said, sounds like you got played, just learn from it and move on, sadly there are a lot of people like that out there, bait you waiting for a reaction, then play victim and appeal to authority, and a lot more indulge petty one-upmanship.   The problem isn't really Sony, nor people who can handle any form of language, it's those that can't cope with it and those that actively seek out offence.  

1 hour ago, ONUOsFan said:

As someone whose kids now have their own PSN accounts, I have zero problem with them enforcing their terms of service when it comes to obscenity and bullying. Now, the message you were responding to was obviously a million percent worse and that person should not have reported you after sending that, but still....

^this is it right here.  As tame as your reply was Sony has to enforce the rules when it gets reported because it could be a parent trying to protect what their children see.  It has nothing to do with the world becoming overly PC or SJW's taking over.   I know it sucks but just take the 7 days, play some other stuff and learn from this.  As others have said, in the future, ignore or report and move on.

Also, this one time @ERGOPROXY-DECAY sent me a message on PSN that said Merry Christmas, I almost reported their ass but decided not to because of the holiday spirit and what not.  They're lucky if you ask me.

Edited by angelgrievous

2 hours ago, SnowFleurz said:

I recently got my first temporary ban ever, for using the word asshat in a message to another player in response to his message which contained racial slurs, genitalia, your mother, etc.

Sorry, but your story is bullshit. I have been banned twice last month and Sony's emails do not point out for which words or insults you were banned. Even the folks at the hotline cannot answer that.

This is a screeshot from the email I received from Sony. It only says "activity".

sony-sperrezys19.png

1 minute ago, Piano Reeves said:

Sorry, but your story is bullshit. I have been banned twice last month and Sony's emails do not point out for which words or insults you were banned. Even the folks at the hotline cannot answer that.

This is a screeshot from the email I received from Sony. It only says "activity".

sony-sperrezys19.png

Well mister call out bullshit stories, you have to think twice before acting all knowingly.

If you look in that email they state the day of the incident.

Also the day of the incident (25th of mars) I got a mail within the hour that he had reported me.

And it was the only message I sent that day.. hmmm...

Hmm.. the dates match?

• Like 1

Just now, SnowFleurz said:

Well mister call out bullshit stories, you have to think twice before acting all knowingly.

If you look in that email they state the day of the incident.

Also the day of the incident (25th of mars) I got a mail within the hour that he had reported me.

And it was the only message I sent that day.. hmmm...

Hmm.. the dates match?

Again, your story makes no sense. I was banned a week after the above incident. Oh, by the way: You won't get suspended for a single and rather soft insult. Tell us the whole story. You'll always receive at least one infraction first. Then follows a three days suspension, followed by a week. Believe me, I've been through this countless times on multiple accounts.

Just now, Piano Reeves said:

Again, your story makes no sense. I was banned a week after the above incident. Oh, by the way: You won't get suspended for a single and rather soft insult. Tell us the whole story. You'll always receive at least one infraction first. Then follows a three days suspension, followed by a week. Believe me, I've been through this countless times on multiple accounts.

I don't know what murky business you are involved with on psn to get banned that often and I do not care.

Neither do I care if you believe me or not, this is the whole story.

He sent me a long boring unoriginal rant with this vulgarity followed by that vulgarity.

I simply answered with "asshat".

As I said earlier I got an email within the hour saying I had breached the code of cunduct etc.

Now almost a month later, I recieve the ban.

Interesting input you provide though, as you seem to have been given warnings and softer bans first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnowFleurz said:

Because I think the whole situation is absurd. It's a message for crying out loud. I will never report someone for what they write to me, it's the internet.

I honestly hope he didn't get in trouble, getting banned for what you type in messages...

Where have the world gone to? Sigh

You hope he didn't get banned too? 

I would say good, he learned a lesson and hopefully won't do it again. 

As far as what the world has come to, this isn't the worst of where the worlds gone. 

Hell the president sends out a tweet about the passing of a former first lady, and the comments are all people using her death as a political means of venting their emotions. And it's vulgar. 

That's really disgusting.

And not right. It's not right. 

Choose a different tweet. 

It doesn't matter if someone hates or likes a president or person, respect the dead & the grieving family.

Have dignity. 

These are the things we are losing, and it's extremely more disturbing than this. 

But yes, I agree, where has peoples senses gone for all this to be happening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowFleurz said:

I don't know what murky business you are involved with on psn to get banned that often and I do not care.

Neither do I care if you believe me or not, this is the whole story.

He sent me a long boring unoriginal rant with this vulgarity followed by that vulgarity.

I simply answered with "asshat".

As I said earlier I got an email within the hour saying I had breached the code of cunduct etc.

Now almost a month later, I recieve the ban.

Interesting input you provide though, as you seem to have been given warnings and softer bans first.

Murky business? Dude, I'm a vulgar and straight forward bastard that speaks out his mind no matter what. I received infractions on PSNP as well. I don't care.
Again², your story makes no sense. The ban comes first, the email later. During my ten year as a user on PSN it has always been like this. Anecdotal evidence? Maybe. But still.

6 minutes ago, Piano Reeves said:

Murky business? Dude, I'm a vulgar and straight forward bastard that speaks out his mind no matter what. I received infractions on PSNP as well. I don't care.
Again², your story makes no sense. The ban comes first, the email later. During my ten year as a user on PSN it has always been like this. Anecdotal evidence? Maybe. But still.

Well this is my first time getting a ban from psn, and this is the way it went down.

A mail the day of the incident telling me I had been a naughty lad and broken their code of conduct.

I happily continued playing up until today, almost a month later where I suddenly can't connect to psn, given the message on screen I'm temporarily banned.

I go to my email and find an email just like yours telling me I've been banned for 7 days.

EDIT:

In addition, I'd just like to clarify I am not trying to fight with you. A vulgar and straight forward bastard - that's qualities I admire.

I wish people like us could be vulgar and straight forward on psn messages one happy day, without penalty.

Edited by SnowFleurz

26 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

Also, this one time @ERGOPROXY-DECAY sent me a message on PSN that said Merry Christmas, I almost reported their ass but decided not to because of the holiday spirit and what not.  They're lucky if you ask me.

Lol....did i included my lewd santa photo?

10 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

You hope he didn't get banned too? 

I would say good, he learned a lesson and hopefully won't do it again.  

As I've tried to explain, I believe getting banned for a message is just straight up bullcrap.

I wouldn't even dream of having another person banned for a message.

Though, ofcourse I am quite dissapointed in the person in question for reporting me.

• Like 1