PSN Code of conduct

SnowFleurz

3 minutes ago, SnowFleurz said:

I don't know man, when asshat is being treated as worthy of a ban..

Yes it is, you can't use any foul language, you should have just reported the person instead of replying

"You may not take any action, or upload, post, stream, or transmit any content, language, images or sounds in any forum, communication, public profile, or other publicly viewable areas or in the creation of any Online ID that SIE LLC or its affiliates find, in their sole discretion, offensive, hateful, or vulgar. This includes any content or communication that SIE LLC or its affiliates deem racially, ethnically, religiously or sexually offensive, libelous, defaming, threatening, bullying or akin to stalking."

1 minute ago, totallycrushed said:

If they were trashtalking you, why didn't you report them?

Because I think the whole situation is absurd. It's a message for crying out loud. I will never report someone for what they write to me, it's the internet.

I honestly hope he didn't get in trouble, getting banned for what you type in messages...

Where have the world gone to? Sigh

• Like 2

My PSN account would be the most important thing for me not to lose, so I don't cause drama through PSN, I always try to divert the drama to somewhere like discord or Skype if they want to talk to me. Also, I don't have any people who I would consider as a genuine friend added solely on PSN, I also have them added somewhere outside of PSN to talk to them, if PSN is your only means of communication then we can't really be friends as I genuinely don't like the messaging interface. Also, the mic quality for PSN is garbage compared to something like discord or Skype and let's be honest, everyone has the means to get one of those apps on their phone or computer and use it. Either way, stay away from drama directly on PSN altogether and instead try to divert it to another platform, otherwise you might as well ignore it. I reported someone on PSN a few days ago because they were calling me a pussy for spamming them with Superman's lasers on Injustice 2 for my online wins and one of their messages implied that they were going to hack my PSN account, since they said "thx for the account ;)" after our ranked set was over. Just stay off PSN for messaging and if the person doesn't use something else, they're probably not a valuable friend to have in the first place. 

• Like 1

Maybe the point OP is trying yo explain is:

do not use that language not even in chats with known friends because it could lead to a ban anyways.

Maybe it's an automated system and they ban you just for using these offensive words in a friendly context.

And we know automated systems suck at reading contexts.

This actually reminds me when I got banned from something I apparently said in a COD match when it was actually another account and the reporter actually misspelled, as it was someone named dork5 or something. This was their reaction when I asked why I still got banned in the end.

source.gif

21 minutes ago, SnowFleurz said:

I don't know man, when asshat is being treated as worthy of a ban..

Yeah, I've been called FAR WORSE things on PSN after CoD or Tekken matches. Most starting with C or P. Never reported a single one.

Though, I literally got a random message from a person I never met saying some pretty vulgar things about my mom and I. That's where I drew the line... Rage messages are one thing, but randomly being hateful and spiteful is another. 

• Like 1

What im curious about is who reviews these reports. Is it multiple people on 1 reported case or just 1 on a case kinda thing and its up to them and how they feel about it. Basically if thry having a bad day a simple aggressive word could doom you.

1 hour ago, SnowFleurz said:

Just wanted to put a warning out there for those of you who didn't already know:

Sony are a bunch of oversensitive, politically correct nazis.

Be very careful what you put in your psmessages to other players as it may get you banned. Pathetic, I know.

I recently got my first temporary ban ever, for using the word asshat in a message to another player in response to his message which contained racial slurs, genitalia, your mother, etc.

One use of the word asshat resulted in a seven day ban from all psn services.

Be warned all you out there.

Sony (the company) doesn't give two shits and will let you do whatever you want, generally. But the second someone reports you, their employees are going to enforce the agreement you accepted when you created your account.