Fallout 76 Announced

Tekyumeeee

13 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Man, everyone complaining about Fallout 4. I thought it was good, but I can agree NV was better. Fallout is Fallout. Anything they produce is quality. I'll be getting this, unless it turns out to be an ESO type or Destiny type game.

The misstep of 4 for most people is the protagonist having a voice. It kinda spoiled the RPG aspect of it. The dialogue options are also severely reduced from 3 and NV. It wasn't terrible but it was disappointing. 

I'm hoping the MP is being told what % of other players make the same decisions as you do. It won't be of course but I can dream

Edited by Cleggworth

Just now, MrKittyEmperor said:

Don't see the point of a teaser trailer especially this close to E3.  Because to be frank until I see what exactly this game is I'm neither excited or disappointed.

Saves a little bit of time for the conference and builds up hype, I guess. I'm sure more people will be watching now to see what more they show/say about the game. So pretty much what they did with Fallout 4.

8 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

The misstep of 4 for most people is the protagonist having a voice. It kinda spoiled the RPG aspect of it. The dialogue options are also severely reduced from 3 and NV. It wasn't terrible but it was disappointing. 

I'm hoping the MP is being told what % of other players make the same decisions as you do. It won't be of course but I can dream

I have no problem with the protagonist having a voice. I can understand the viewpoint of why it spoiled the RPG aspect of it, but if done right, having a voice can enhance the experience. They could definitely improve on it for sure.

• Like 1

There's almost no way this'll be a main entry. Not before Elder Scrolls 6. 

Anyone that's expecting anything more than a spin off, or an off shoot entry made in Fallout 4's engine, might be disappointed. That's where I'm keeping my expectations anyways lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

12 minutes ago, Gladiator995 said:

The base building in 4 was the worst part of the game. Even having to go through the DLC's centered on that feature for the trophies was a massive chore too.

I didn't mind it, but I'd rather not have an entire game built around it ?

1 hour ago, Cleggworth said:

If that's really why a lot of people don't like it, I'll probably love 4. Maybe it's due to playing so many JRPGs, but I always find it weird when the character I play as is silent. I'd much rather play as someone who actually talks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gladiator995 said:

The base building in 4 was the worst part of the game. Even having to go through the DLC's centered on that feature for the trophies was a massive chore too.

Agreed... I can imagine it will feature, but please don't be the main element! 

1 hour ago, Jay_Cash said:

I looked at his Twitter feed and he seems very adamant about it. I still don't want to believe it, but at least what he claims is really vague I guess.

I almost forgot that so many people didn't like Fallout 4. I generally avoid Fallout discussions because it always boils down to some death match between the 3 modern games. I for one really like them all for different reasons. Course, I'm a bit biased since I just really like Fallout. So I guess I'll never really understand the love for one game and hatred for another.

It's the same with Assassin's Creed. Most everyone hates 3, but 3 was my favorite, mostly because I am a history buff and the Revolutonary War is my favorite time period, but also because that was the first and only AC game where you got to start off playing as a Templar, and being able to hunt and stuff too. Plus it had just the right amount of ship battles. Black Flag overdid it. I am not a fan of Black Flag. Most are. I guess I have different tastes than most. Or most blindly follow the reviews without thinking for themselves.

But I digress. Another reason I am excited of this is because 76 is a control vault. I'd love to see it be a group of people leaving the vault, and not just one person.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Fidel said:

If that's really why a lot of people don't like it, I'll probably love 4. Maybe it's due to playing so many JRPGs, but I always find it weird when the character I play as is silent. I'd much rather play as someone who actually talks. 

Most of the time in a JRPG you are playing a character but for me in fallout I was always playing myself. In fallout 4 because you have a voice it doesn't work the same way. It breaks that immersion, at least that's what I felt anyway. The dialogue options are drastically reduced in 4 compared to 3 and NV presumably because of all the additionall lines they had to record. If they have voiced characters in TES it'd be even worse. They'd have to have different voice actors for all the different races making the dialogue options even more dumbed down

Edited by Cleggworth

1 hour ago, MrKittyEmperor said:

Don't see the point of a teaser trailer especially this close to E3.  Because to be frank until I see what exactly this game is I'm neither excited or disappointed.

It's to prevent Microsoft and Sony from ruining surprises if the company has a show after the two. It doesn't help that people automatically assume that if a game is shown by either company, that it must be an exclusive.

I was hoping for a Fallout 3 + Fallout New Vegas remaster, but it looks like it's an online Fallout game, which I have no interest in. We could still get remasters of F3 & NV, they must have other things to show off at their conference. 

5 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

It's the same with Assassin's Creed. Most everyone hates 3, but 3 was my favorite, mostly because I am a history buff and the Revolutonary War is my favorite time period, but also because that was the first and only AC game where you got to start off playing as a Templar, and being able to hunt and stuff too. Plus it had just the right amount of ship battles. Black Flag overdid it. I am not a fan of Black Flag. Most are. I guess I have different tastes than most. Or most blindly follow the reviews without thinking for themselves.

But I digress. Another reason I am excited of this is because 76 is a control vault. I'd love to see it be a group of people leaving the vault, and not just one person.

You know you play as a Templar in AC Rogue right? If this is online I won’t even consider, I never even finished 4.

9 hours ago, Jay_Cash said:

Rumor via Kotaku & Jason Schreier: "The next big game from Fallout developer Bethesda Game Studios is Fallout: 76, the company announced today, and although the studio hasn’t yet said what it is, we hear it’s an online game of some sort." Source: https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announces-fallout-76-1826417383

Update 2 from same source: Fallout 76 Is An Online Survival RPG

I am sold after reading this sentence "it's an online survival RPG" <3 If that's true I'll definitely buy that game