Cj's Parting 8 - Game 3 June-July - Lacrimosa of Dana

Game 2 - Ys : Lacrimosa of Dana (June/July)- Voting Now Closed - Check back on 8th of July for Game 4 Voting  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Game 2 (June/July) Voting Now Closed

• Ys: Lacrimosa of Dana
    • Yakuza 6 : Song of Life
    • Night in the Woods
    • Kingdom Come : Deliverance
    • Final Fantasy XII
    • God Of War
    • Moss (PSVR)
    • MegaDimension Neptunia VIIRv (PSVR)
    • Atelier Firis : The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey
    • Kingdom Hearts (PS4)
    • The Witcher 3
    • The Witness

14uygw3.png

Over the last 3 years this site has given me the opportunity to meet many wonderful people, read some great articles, opinions and thoughts. It has been a wealth of gaming information and help, laughs and smiles and all the in between. It has given me the chance to meet some of the most hardcore trophy hunters, completionists, casual gamers, trophy whores, trophy haters and those still undefined , all corners of the spectrum covered and focused in at the core, a love of gaming. I have run a couple of comps, supported a few and participated (but rarely finished) many more. So now as I move towards the next adventure I would like to offer something back to the members of this site that have and continue to make it great.

Ⓣⓗⓔ Ⓖⓘⓢⓣ

Over the next 8 months running from 15th of April - 14th of December I will be putting a vote to the community to decide which game I should play and attempt to plat. The game with the most votes will be selected and played. The games will be all my own selection based on titles I have been anticipating for some time. A couple of the games may have been started (most likely the first hour / more likely the first 5 mins ) but in these cases I will be restarting them anyway. The voting period will run for one week ( 8th to 14th of the month ). Every person that votes in the current month for any game regardless of whether it is the most voted and therefore played game will go into the draw for a PSN card randomly drawn. Over the course of this giveaway to the community I will be maintaining my usually play style of short games / VN and trophy rush throughout the period so will not be focusing solely on the chosen game. 

Ⓟⓡⓘⓩⓔⓢ

If the game is platted in the month (15th - 14th following month ) a PSN card to the value of $50 AU will be awarded by random draw to one player who votes in the current month

If the game is not platted in the month (15th - 14th following month ) a PSN card to the value of $100 AU will be awarded by random draw to one player who votes in the current month

PSN cards can be payed in AU/NA/UK/HK/JP region to the equivalent of the AU value listed above.

Ⓔⓛⓘⓖⓘⓑⓘⓛⓘⓣⓨ

Any member of this site (premium or regular) from any country that has had an account registered on this site for at least 3 months from the current date 9/4/2018. Please only one vote per person, don't use secondary accounts :(

There are no restriction on winners if you win once you can vote again in following months to re-enter draw. 

Feel free to comment as we go if you like but not required all votes are registered via the poll above. I will try to post some game thoughts as I go but we shall see.

As always happy hunting and thanks for everything community it has been a great time,

Cj

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 4

Voted for Yakuza 6 because I love the series! Easiest platinum for the Yakuza series but still you Need a lot of time for this.

Really generous about the giveaway. If I win I would be happy to get a life time membership and the rest you can spend for a charity :) 

• Like 1

So seems like a great place to call it here for Game 3 votes. I am all hyped out ( Yea E3 wooohooooo ). So nice relaxed post. I will enter the 58 names from Ni Kuni 2 into the random name picker thing-a-me and post video / winner on the 16th. Will PM winner to find out how they would like the $100 AU (or equivalent) PSN credit, Goodluck to everyone who voted last month.

I didn't quite finish the story yet in Ni No Kuni 2 (Chapter 8 - 24% or so) but will do so, and most likely see the plat at some point in the next few months. Great game, enjoyable, beautiful and in alot of ways quiet relaxing. If it looks like it might interest you would recommend giving it a go. The kingdom building and exploration alone are selling points but the story aint that bad either.

Now for this month was great to see such a close contest. Good to see some love for Moss, if you have VR definitely worth a look it is pretty good as VR goes, and the mouse is adorable. Yakuza 6 and God of War showing well to. Both might come up again at some point, or if not will be in my gaming rotation. The Witcher 3 showed a strong performance but I am sort of glad it just fell short. Having started it on numerous occasions I am not sure if I have another Gryphon fight in me, maybe one day. 

So that leaves the winner coming in at 9 votes 

Ys Lacrimosa of Dana

Image result for ys lacrimosa of dana

It will be my first Ys game so looking forward to it. I expect it to be a fair bit tougher than Ni No Kuni so we shall see whether this turns into just a story run or more. Either way will be fun. If anyone has any experience with both versions  - Vita and PS4 and could recommend which would be better (more enjoyable or whatever really) please let me know, for some reason I seem to have both versions.

So until next month thanks for your votes and drop back in on the 16th if you like to see who claims the Game 2 prize.

Have fun Profilers, it is perhaps the best time of the gaming year enjoy,

Cj

Edited by cjshaitan

Playing it right now on Vita. Really great game :) There are more trophies on the PS4 Version so some more Content on the PS4 but I´m actually glad to Play it on the Vita because it´s perfect for some handheld action. Also because of the hot summer it´s good not to heat up the living room with the PS4. But I guess it depends on your personal opinion which Version you want to Play.

Gameplaywise it´s really addictive because you can really Show your skill in the game. With good Reflexes you are able to dodge or guard everything and get a Little bonus everytime you do so. So it´s possible to never get hit. If you new to the series I recommend the first playthrough on easy or normal and do a second on nightmare difficulty to enjoy the game the most.

Happy playing, waiting for some Support in cabin 5 ?

Edited by Inuty
  • Like 2

Glad that Lacrimosa of Dana won, that means I can vote for Kingdom Hearts next time :awesome: . Have fun with the game.

On 6/11/2018 at 2:14 PM, Jens said:

If we keep slamming our heads against the wall one day it will crumble :P

That day has arrived, the wall crumbled and we learned the move headbutt in the process :dance: .

• Like 1

Game 2 Random Draw

Game 2 - Ni No Kuni 2 - Random Draw Video

Congrats to @Mike13858 for winning the random draw for game 2. Have just PM you regarding which currency you would like your $100(AU) PSN card. Many thanks for voting ?

Thanks to everyone (58 votes) that voted for Game 2 (May/June). The voting for Game 3 finished the other day so if you missed out feel free to drop in from the 8th of July thru 14th to have a go for Game 4. Best of luck to the 50 voters for this month check back on the 16th of July to see who the lucky winner is.

Have fun everyone, catch you in July,

Cj

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Voting now up in new thread for Game 4. Everyone welcome to vote.

Progress this month on Lacrimosa of Dana has been slow but enjoyable. Much like Ni No Kuni 2 I will continue to chip away at it over the coming months but I doubt I will attempt the nightmare run (and plat :( ). Enjoying the story, battle mechanics and somewhat more contained feel, perfect follow on from Ni No Kuni for sure. 

The random draw for $100 AU or equivalent will occur on 15th of July, will post result Game 4 thread and contact winner.

Happy July all, have fun :)

54 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Voting now up in new thread for Game 4. Everyone welcome to vote.

Progress this month on Lacrimosa of Dana has been slow but enjoyable. Much like Ni No Kuni 2 I will continue to chip away at it over the coming months but I doubt I will attempt the nightmare run (and plat :( ). Enjoying the story, battle mechanics and somewhat more contained feel, perfect follow on from Ni No Kuni for sure. 

The random draw for $100 AU or equivalent will occur on 15th of July, will post result Game 4 thread and contact winner.

Happy July all, have fun :)

Nightmare is very easy on NG+, only the final boss and true ending boss will be somewhat harder, but very doable on the first try.

• Like 1