The Last of Us Part II – June 19, 2020

Ghost

On 4/27/2020 at 5:37 PM, Nighcisama said:

Says the one with 0 information whatsoever, why are you even part of this discussion? Well you will earn the rewards for that way of thinking soon enough when the game releases and you pay full price to play it day 1. I do not want it to be bad, but every sign points at it being terrible so it would be downright stupid to ignore everything.

A writer for KOTAKU not been keen on talking about the bad influence of sjw culture on a current work in progress? Imagine my shock. Maybe you want to get more familiar with what Kotaku is all about, i have no doubt you can figure out on your own why I think this does not really rule shit out. Go buy the game if you think everything is bs, no one is stopping you, hell I hope that I am actually wrong and that the game is a masterpiece like the first one is on my opinion, but don't complain if I point the finger later and laugh about you if it turns out that the red flags were on point. I will lean back and let other people beta test this for me before I even dream about buying this game.

You have 0 information as well, you’re just taking the word of a no name news organization and taking it as fact.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:37 PM, Nighcisama said:

Beta test this game? What the fuck is wrong with you? This is the last developer to do that kind of thing.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed griefing
  • Like 1

dont mind me, just gonna say the only thing the leaks have done is ensure I wait a bit for the price to plummet or I watch it online before buying. I have weird tastes when it comes to controversy (love FF13 and its sequels and Death Stranding) so I might be able to enjoy this. But I can also totally see how fans of the main characters would be bummed and disappointed.

14 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Doing what I can to avoid all spoilers so I am not reading any threads and don’t know the details of how it happened but I hope whoever leaked this is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

You don't know anything about the leakers reason to do so. Apparently developers at naughty dog are being treated like shit and IF that's true they deserved it. Plus according to all the leaked content the story seems to be a shitfest anyway. I would advice anyone to wait until full release before deciding to buy this game.

I do feel bad for Naughty Dog in a way. While everyone needs to be able to financially support themselves during this pandemic, at the same time how do you support a product that (at the time of me posting this) just does not seem like an enjoyable experience (again, no spoilers from me). How do you also support a company that puts their employees through so much crunch time? I guess it really is a decision that only you can make. 

Thread clearly needs to be cleaned up before discussing further. Locked.

Edit: reopening topic. It's not difficult to see how much I had to clean up due to trolling, griefing, derailing, and off topic posts for anyone following the topic. I understand that this is a heated topic which leads to some heated debates, but if you can't discuss without insulting others, then don't post at all. Otherwise, we will start handing out warning points and/or re-lock the thread

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

New info

Lol all that complaining people did about how ND treated their employees, and that the leak was justified because of that. it’s nice to see them proven wrong about this whole thing.

On 4/28/2020 at 9:26 PM, PatinumNumemon said:

I do feel bad for Naughty Dog in a way. While everyone needs to be able to financially support themselves during this pandemic, at the same time how do you support a product that (at the time of me posting this) just does not seem like an enjoyable experience (again, no spoilers from me). How do you also support a company that puts their employees through so much crunch time? I guess it really is a decision that only you can make. 

Crunch time is the norm in game development. It’s surprising how many people don’t seem to know that.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

17 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Crunch time is the norm in game development. It’s surprising how many people don’t seem to know that.

Crunch time is the norm in any computer programming profession. Agile has become popular because it reduces crunch time when implemented well, but it's still there.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

You are absolutely right with both sentences. However, I can't help but feel as if games created in the past were not made under such conditions that you hear of today from companies like Naughty Dog or Treyarch. Maybe it is because now video games are much more grand and ambitious. Granted, most of these games end up being pretty great, but at the cost of a lot of people's health. I feel a line must be drawn somewhere between having quality games the size of the standard games we see today, and giving the developers the proper time to create the games without destroying their mental health.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

You are absolutely right with both sentences. However, I can't help but feel as if games created in the past were not made under such conditions that you hear of today from companies like Naughty Dog or Treyarch. Maybe it is because now video games are much more grand and ambitious. Granted, most of these games end up being pretty great, but at the cost of a lot of people's health. I feel a line must be drawn somewhere between having quality games the size of the standard games we see today, and giving the developers the proper time to create the games without destroying their mental health.

Crunch has always been a part of development, as far as I know, that’s up to the devs, they have to know that’s what this job entails, if they can’t handle something so hectic they probably shouldn’t be doing it. Not saying that in a negative way, I know crunch has been controversial with a lot of devs over the years, this is just the most recent example. 

44 minutes ago, Carol said:

This should be a happy moment, right? Well, it isn’t, at least for me.

Why? The game is finally done, I don’t know how that can’t be happy.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

8 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I am happy too. Just for a different reason - to see how the game will be viewed by reviewers and those who haven't been exposed to the leaks yet. 

• Like 1

Just now, PooPooBlast said:

I am happy too. Just for a different reason - to see how the game will be viewed by reviewers and those who haven't been exposed to the leaks yet. 

Same for real, although, I am still getting it day 1 at this point. Been waiting years for this.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Same for real, although, I am still getting it day 1 at this point. Been waiting years for this.

I hope you find enjoyment in the game after all this. 

Sadly, can't say I feel the same way :/. I'm going to pass on this one. 

• Like 1

Crunch = bad management , perfectionist director , sudden changes in previous development plans or scraping and starting over . Most of fault lays in management just like any other company (everyone here can relate to it), where in the end regular employee gets his ass beaten .

25 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Some time ago, Neil Druckmann literally said that “some” fans of the first game would probably hate this sequel. At the time, we knew nothing about the story of this new game, so I just assumed he was referring to the game being darker or more violent. Now that the story has leaked and that we know how his statement translates in-game, it’s obvious, for me, that Druckmann is nothing more than a sadistic person, who deliberately chose to hurt the fans of the first game. So, no, I am not happy; as a huge fan of “The Last of Us”, I am incredibly hurt and sad.

Edited by Carol
  • Like 3

On 27/04/2020 at 9:48 PM, abhinandhan22 said:

Ermm do you think game developers are in it solely for monetary gain? Their art has been ruined period. Even if the leaks were amazing and everyone was happy with it,I'm sure they would have been unhappy that their work wasn't showcased in the way they wanted it to be. 

If leaks were showing better story hype levels on forum would be going trough the roof , nobody barks at gameplay even if it is reskinned U4 with fev additions 

• Like 1