12 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

Well jumping is a "form" of interaction, I suppose. :awesome: Kind of glad I decided to switch this game out.

If only you could open doors by throwing yourself at them. :P .

I actually liked the game, well the PS4 version at least. The story was pretty good and teh gameplay was fine. Thing is I absolutely hated Lone Survivor and thought I'd dislike Claire as well as a result. As they're both really similar in art style and gameplay.

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

For me there were a couple of other major differences between both versions. The Vita version runs considerably worse and it has a bug that requires you to quit the game in order to fix it. Whenever I died in the Vita version, my "interact" button would stop working and instead it would be bound to jumping.

I'm doing my nightmare run right now and am finding that when I die, sometimes I'll have to quit the game because it won't return to the start menu. I'm also finding that the controls change, except it's the jump and run buttons that are transposed...

12 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I'm doing my nightmare run right now and am finding that when I die, sometimes I'll have to quit the game because it won't return to the start menu. I'm also finding that the controls change, except it's the jump and run buttons that are transposed...

It sure is a weird one, as I had no issues with the controls on the PS4 version.

3 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Game 6, Day 1
Owlboy (PS4)

Ld8fe70.png

Well, where do I start? Honestly I don't know as Owlboy just seems to be yet another action-adventure/platformer/metroidvania lite with a pixel-based look. AFAIR developement for it was initially started in 2007 and it was first released in 2016, which is a rather long period, considering that it's "only" an indie-game.

Oooh wow, hadn't realised someone was reviewing Owlboy. I'm going to pay attention. @MosesRockefeller will want to know if the game not having a map ends up being a problem for you.

Also, indie titles can take a long time to release because people are developing next to their regular jobs. I mean, Stardew Valley was in development for over five years. Miegakure still has not released, and that had a playable demo in 2010.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

By the way, I beat nearly every time of  @Ezio Auditore  :P

I completed the first two missions on normal and hard with all challenges done so far. On normal I had no real trouble completing every challenge but on hard I had to try some levels several times.

Well, if it makes you feel good...

That I played only on hard, didn't bother with replaying many levels and got bored with the game before reaching the end probably has nothing to do with it.

Get into Rayman Legends and see if you can keep up with @vin_rob and me, then we'll talk B)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

The platforming gives a poor first impression, especially once you get to the harder areas.  But, if you've got the patience, the game does get easier to navigate and it's a fairly short game.  I went through two runs of the game.  The first one was a blind playthrough (no guides and I avoided looking stuff up if possible).  I was pretty much ready to give a negative review at that point.  But, the 2nd run (where I mainly focused on collectibles and other misc trophies) was much more enjoyable.  It really helped to know how to get past the more annoying parts.  And I was getting used to the platforming at that point.

That might explain why I gave up in my first playthrough and gave it either a mediocre or bad review a KYC or two ago. Glad you enjoyed it though. I haven't deleted it from my PS4 yet (a Pro which has enough storage space anyway) but I don't see myself going back to it any time soon.

4 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Bonus game #4- Strike Vector EX

Ohh, I remember I played this for a past KYC shortly after it dropped on PS+ and haven't touched it since, so mission accomplished I guess. I never really looked into the requirements and was dreading the mp but knowing about the bots I might have to give it another shot. I really panned the storytelling in this, it's so bad.

1 hour ago, Metal Slime King said:

Ohh, I remember I played this for a past KYC shortly after it dropped on PS+ and haven't touched it since, so mission accomplished I guess. I never really looked into the requirements and was dreading the mp but knowing about the bots I might have to give it another shot. I really panned the storytelling in this, it's so bad.

Lol. Yeah, the story left a lot to be desired. And the bots do make it a relatively simple grind. Kinda surprised the trophies are so rare with how short and easy it was. I did run into a random a couple of times, which is the only reason I switched modes. Capture the Flag matches last longer, so I preferred them. 

• Like 1

Haven't started Mages of Mystralia yet, I did however plat The Solus Project. I still can't believe that I enjoyed this game as much as I did. Usually I can't stand collectible gathering, but in this one it was kind of fun. Maybe it was because a lot them were only accessible by completing puzzles. Anyhow, solid game and up to this point my favourite fromr my list.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Well, if it makes you feel good...

That I played only on hard, didn't bother with replaying many levels and got bored with the game before reaching the end probably has nothing to do with it.

Get into Rayman Legends and see if you can keep up with @vin_rob and me, then we'll talk B)

I mostly did the time challenge only once or twice. The times for normal and hard are seperated as everything in the game is.

I might start Rayman someday. Then I let you know when I beat your times B)

28 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I mostly did the time challenge only once or twice. The times for normal and hard are seperated as everything in the game is.

I might start Rayman someday. Then I let you know when I beat your times B)

You can only beat me if you play on the same days/weeks as me, so don't wait too long, the end is in sight for me :D