Crysis 2 Online petition

Extratenzy

just wanna say sorry for anyone i've been harsh with in this thread, i apologize for being a bit of a dickhead. and please if you're gonna comment about how silly petitions are or never end up good or saying "i was too late" and blah blah blah. keep it to yourself.

48 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Also, not sure if they fixed it, but when I played the game I didn't get the trophy until 9 months, so... Even if they did keep them up 6 months for you, there's a chance you still won't get it.

Well the trophy is known to have a high percentage rate to pop on Jan 01 of each new year. So the extension would increase the odds. I played the game online at launch. Returned about 6 years later and still didn't get it. Jan 01, 2019 was going to be my shot at redemption. 

I clicked on Me Too on your thread, hopefully you can get this plat... however I dont want to sound rude but this game was free in psplus and I lost count how many times it was cheap as hell on various sales in psstore, there was so many occasions to get this game and plat it by now.

• Like 3

Just now, Saionji said:

I clicked on Me Too on your thread, hopefully you can get this plat... however I dont want to sound rude but this game was free in psplus and I lost count how many times it was cheap as hell on various sales in psstore, there was so many occasions to get this game and plat it by now.

Crysis 2 was also in every Xbox 360 bundle.

i agree with people who suggested the idea that the company should put 6 months notice as it gives them the reason that they must start now before it disappear. I remember using my brothers account for playing crysis 2 and it was empty back then due to time difference from other country and cant afford to stay up late due to work so after the 5th year i gave up.

22 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Seriously, 3 months is a reasonable amount of time and I think its quite a common practice in the industrie.

True, 3 months usually is fair and sufficient. 

Except if you decided to include a stupid online trophy like "come back after x months and play online".

Then 3+x months should be a given. Alternatively autopop at least within the 3 months before shutdown.

Edited by fastflowdaman

They don't give a rat's ass about Trophy Hunters. Same can be said for most developers. Whoever the hell puts trophies in games, in my opinion, has an obligation to accommodate trophy collectors in circumstances like this. Like with Black Ops 2 Big Leagues trophy that is now unobtainable, Treyarch could have easily released an update that unlocks the trophy for everyone upon booting up, or put in a different unlock requirement, like win 10 matches. Literally they don't give a shit. Given the circumstances, Crytek/EA can easily release a hot fix that gives everyone the trophy upon starting up the game. But apparently to change it requires the knowledge of a rocket scientist. And yes, I do believe they have an obligation to accommodate players. 

Just wanna say we just reached 36 "me too"s on my thread. if we reach 40-50 an EA Advisor is likely to investigate the issue. Please if you haven't already clicked on "me too" then please do! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-Games/Dedication-trophy-is-impossible-now-due-to-the-server-closure-of/td-p/6924799

• Like 1

I don't mean to be a dick here, but this game came out in 2011. It has been 7 years and the player base is dead. Publishers have no reason to spend money to maintain a dead server, every publisher not just EA. I started the game on this profile a year ago, and I knew the risk of them pulling the plug on the server, thus making Dedication unobtainable. Everyone starting the game in 2018 should have acknowledged the risk that they may never a trophy that glitches 90% of times (it glitched on me and I had to play on 1st January this year).  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

They did

EA_Barry said on page 2

@russiandude16

I do not think that date will be changed, sorry.

We hope you enjoyed seven and a half years of Crysis 2.

they replied on a thread that only one guy made a post about and left my thread that had all the action. 

31 minutes ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

I don't mean to be a dick here, but this game came out in 2011. It has been 7 years and the player base is dead. Publishers have no reason to spend money to maintain a dead server, every publisher not just EA. I started the game on this profile a year ago, and I knew the risk of them pulling the plug on the server, thus making Dedication unobtainable. Everyone starting the game in 2018 should have acknowledged the risk that they may never a trophy that glitches 90% of times (it glitched on me and I had to play on 1st January this year).  

i don't mean to be a dick here but can you keep your opinion for yourself? this is a petition. you like it then you're welcome to support it. you don't like the idea about all of this then simply keep your opinion for yourself. You're really not stating anything different from most people on this thread.

y'all are very hopeless i swear. 

Edited by SniperEliteDido

... well I gave you a Me Too because eh why the heck not, took me like ... 30 secs but I'm not gonna sugarcoat things with you ... unless you manage to stir up another "Battlefront 2" scenario (which I find unlikely in the case of an old game like this) I don't see EA giving a rats ass about this particular problem since they really don't stand to gain anything by doing something about it ... sorry. 

In any case:

Billedresultat for good luck with that gif

• Like 1

I have voted. I hope that I hope this problem goes ahead and EA does something for the community. I wish they could do something about it in all the games that have Online Trophies and Glitches and in a simple way not to let them be impossible over time, I would be very happy I would even be willing to pay. My dream is to leave my profile at 100% although it is safest to keep dreaming.
Good luck with the project this, greetings from Spain!

4 hours ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

Your response is childish and you are quick to temper with every user on this thread. I did not shared my opinion, just said that EA won't bother with this. It is more logical to accept the fact that players have no say in this.

whatever you say dude. 

4 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

HUH? He posted in YOUR thread.

nvm just checked... 

well lets try and see if they could implement something that makes the trophy pop. way less costly and nothing hard for EA to do i guess.

I got all the online trophies a while ago but I clicked the "me too" button anyway. 

I hope you guys can make it but don't expect anything from EA. They are very unprofessional as far as online trophies are concerned. I remember doing anything I could for some unachievable trophies both in FIFA 13 and FIFA 14 but EA of course didn't care...

@CMH777 I agree with pretty much everything you said but you missed an important point, which is how companies sometimes handle server shutdowns. In this case, considering that there's a trophy that requires 6 months to be unlocked, they could have simply announced the shutdown for January rather than October.

Edited by Heavy Foliage
  • Like 4