Nickelodeon Kart Racers Confirmed for PS4

OobiGod

About

A new multi-player console racing game, Nickelodeon Kart Racers! Select a racer from one of your favorite Nickelodeon series, including SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy from SpongeBob SquarePants, Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Arnold and Helga from Hey Arnold!, and Angelica, Tommy, and Reptar from Rugrats. Race your friends in up to four-player local multiplayer or check out the Battle Arena for a variety of challenges.

Key Features

• Choose a racer from 12 of the most iconic Nickelodeon series: SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, and more!
  • Race on 24 different Slimed-filled tracks including Bikini Bottom, NYC sewers, Tommy Pickle’s house, Arnold’s school, and more!
  • Awesome co-op and local multiplayer for non-stop action the entire family will love!
  • Customizable karts with multiple power-ups and special attacks!
  • Team-based co-op multiplayer, players can perform devastating fused attack for tons of fun!
  • Slime overload will have you turning you karts into jet-ski racers!

It's gonna be 40 dollars and launches October 23rd.

https://gematsu.com/2018/07/nickelodeon-kart-racers-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-switch

Edited by OobiGod

This sounds like it could be lots of fun, cannot wait to know what the other characters are, hopefully they have someone from these shows, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, Catdog, Angry Beavers, Aaah Real monsters to just name a few more :D 

Definitely gonna be keeping my eye on this 

1 minute ago, Willreaper41 said:

Hey Arnold and Rugrats aren't still on are they? Those were on and ended back in my day decades ago.

Nah they're off the air. Nickelodeon has gotten a thing for using 90s shows in the last couple of years for nostalgia purposes. Hell Hey Arnold got a TV movie a few months back and Rugrats is getting revived for another season.

2 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

Why is gamemill publishing, didn't thq nordic get the nickelodeon license a few months back. Thats kinda weird.

THQ are doing the remasters of PS2 THQ games. Gamemill are the developers and Maximum Game is the publishers for this game. They have done a few CN games in the past.

43 minutes ago, turniplord said:

THQ are doing the remasters of PS2 THQ games. Gamemill are the developers and Maximum Game is the publishers for this game. They have done a few CN games in the past.

Oh crap, maximum games. Well there goes any hope of this being good considering thier track record. And gamemill aren't exactly stellar developers either.

So... Spongebob did get his boating license?

I feel like this is a very strange collection of Nickelodeon shows to include. It's like they couldn't decide between old or modern. I wonder if my man Butch took the licenses for his shows when he left the network, because several of those should've been choices over Hey Arnold.

I'd be leery of this one, guys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I guess it would have been in the teaser trailer, if they were planning to include Avatar The Last Airbender. That would have been a zany addition to the roster.

Would be day one for me if they included the cast of The Last Airbender.

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

I think gamemill publishing in America. I don't see anything about them developing it.

3 hours ago, OobiGod said:

I think gamemill publishing in America. I don't see anything about them developing it.

Not sure then, I'm press, I get the emails from the sources - it quotes:

GameMill Entertainment today announced Nickelodeon Kart Racers, a new multi-player console racing game that features iconic Nickelodeon animated characters from SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, RugratsHey Arnold! and more, as they race on 24 different Slime-themed tracks.

and

"We are thrilled to be partnering with Nickelodeon to bring all of these amazing characters into one fun, competitive video game for fans of all ages to enjoy," shares Mark Meadows, Partner of GameMill Entertainment.

and then:

Nickelodeon Kart Racers is distributed in the UK and Europe by Maximum Games and will retail for £29.99 / €39.99.

So it only mentioned the two and it only specifically mentioned publishing from Maximum. It only tells me about EU and the UK because that's the PR list I'm on for these guys. If it is another dev then cool, I guess we'll have to wait and see who it is. 

The cover art only mentions the one name as well though, unless it's just purposely leaving out the dev if they aren't the dev?

NFHeXDhA.jpeg

I might actually look into this. I was huge into Nickelodeon as a kid...and I mean 90's before-sponge-bob-ruined-everything Nickelodeon...plus I've wanted a decent Kart racer since LittleBigPlanet Karting (wasn't a great game, but it was something). It'd be a plus if the Plat is easy.