Platinum vs Platinum (Difficulty)

Dreakon139

Basically, this is a all-in-one thread for comparing the platinums of two games... in terms of difficulty. Anyone is allowed to put up a "versus" and anyone can answer. If you notice someone asked to compare two games and no one answered, feel free to pop in and answer. It's not about what game you like better, purely platinum difficulty.

For example:

Person 1: "Little Big Planet 1 vs Little Big Planet 2"

Person 2: "I'd say Little Big Planet 2 was easier because (blah blah blah), but both were pretty easy. Now I'm wondering which is easier Uncharted 1 vs Dead Island."

You get the picture. I'll start!

3D Dot Game Heroes vs Little Big Planet 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm going to go with SHRED... Doesn't look like many have it and less of a % do than RIDE.

Battlefield: Bad Company or Resistance 2

Bad Company.

While certainly Resistance 2 takes the time, and it is a shiny platinum, I've heard Battlefield takes a good bit of skill to obtain also.

So next poster, I hope you know your bit about Rail Shooters.

House of the Dead; Overkill or The Shoot?

.....i kinda do, but not enough to say this off just the names, so ill go check the trophies........and im back, here we go:

House of the Dead...Shoot has a bunch of gold medals trophies and grind trophies, House of the Dead has collectibles, challenges, and in all a lot of verying trophies outside just beating chapters and getting gold on challenges.

here is mine, might be a doozy: Star Ocean: The Last Hope International vs. Final Fantasy XII

here is mine, might be a doozy: Star Ocean: The Last Hope International vs. Final Fantasy XII

I asume you mean XIII. Havent played either of them but I know both require large amounts of grinding but I've herd that Star Ocean Requires some poeple 700 hours to plat so I pick that one

Next

two games that said fuck checkpoints

Demons' Souls vs. Dead Space 2

Next

two games that said fuck checkpoints

Demons' Souls vs. Dead Space 2

Well I've heard about both of these being extremely difficult, but seeing as in DS2 you have to complete the game on the hardest settings with only 3 saves!!!?? That has to be the winner :D

Next up:

Grand Theft Auto IV vs Red Dead Redemption

Well I've heard about both of these being extremely difficult, but seeing as in DS2 you have to complete the game on the hardest settings with only 3 saves!!!?? That has to be the winner :D

Next up:

Grand Theft Auto IV vs Red Dead Redemption

This ^ got skipped... I will say GTA IV

I rented RDR via GameFly and got the :platinum: in around 30 days; I own and have played GTA IV on and off... GTA seems to have a much harder trophy list for the Plat (I don't have it, haha)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never played CoD Classic but, I hear it's pretty tough... I have played KZ2 and can't bring myself to try for the Plat - it took everything I had to force myself through the campaign on Hard (did I say I don't like FPS?) This would be better suited for someone else so I defer to the next poster... v

Haven't played Hard core yet and haven't played Demon's souls.

I would say Hard Core in Dead Space.

I hear once you get the hang of Demon's souls it isnt as bad and if you have some one drop you weapons.

I'll go with a couple shooters

Call of Duty Classic or Killzone 2.

This ^ got skipped... I will say GTA IV

I rented RDR via GameFly and got the :platinum: in around 30 days; I own and have played GTA IV on and off... GTA seems to have a much harder trophy list for the Plat (I don't have it, haha)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never played CoD Classic but, I hear it's pretty tough... I have played KZ2 and can't bring myself to try for the Plat - it took everything I had to force myself through the campaign on Hard (did I say I don't like FPS?) This would be better suited for someone else so I defer to the next poster... v

It must of got posted while I was typing out my answer for the Dead Space 2 and Demon's souls question.

It must of got posted while I was typing out my answer for the Dead Space 2 and Demon's souls question.

No worries buddy... I just didn't want anyone to be left out :P, haha. This one is still pending an official answer everybody...

I'll go with a couple shooters

Call of Duty Classic or Killzone 2.

KZ2

The weekly honors and other online medals require you to play religiously. That and the hardest setting is quite challenging from what I have heard.

Let's switch this up a bit...

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs or Ice Age 3?

I haven't platinum'd either of those games because movie games are awful. I've seen more CWACOM than I have IA3 though... so I assume it's easier.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution vs Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm... I'm goign to say Fallout 3. The nuka-cola challenge and the bobbleheads were a much bigger task than anything i can remember from NV.

Vanquish vs Binary Domain

Binary Domain by far. The challenges and Invasion mode are really hard.

Megamind vs Hannah Montana

Binary Domain by far. The challenges and Invasion mode are really hard.

Megamind vs Hannah Montana

Hannah Montannah. Just sitting through that must be torture, I don't see how trophy hunters can do it.

Shift 2: Unleashed vs. F1 2011

Parker

• Like 1

LBP due to the skill required to ace all levels, as well as the horrible H4H boosting.

Skyrim vs Battlefield 3 :)

Battle field 3, from what I've heard.

Trine 2 vs. Terminator: Salvation :D

Tricky one. I'm going with Trine 2, as I've heard the plat can take 5 hours without finishing the game, while T-Sal had some difficult sections. Don't forget to get the guy above you next time ;)

Hmmm. How about; God of War 1 vs God of War 2