Your most tragic gaming memory

Im_The_Tom

I was playing WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 and I was playing road to wrestlemania. I could do it in 4 hours so I don't save it and I was just at Wrestlemainia and my mum pulled out the plug accidently I could of done it again easily, but for some reason I ran out crying. And that would be my most Tragic memory 

First time playing Final Fantasy 8, worked hard on levelling up my characters. Got to Adel before I realised that monsters/bosses level up with you. I also knew nothing about junctions & only had the basic GFs...ended up restarting the game.

Second play through, spent hours & many all nighters on card games, getting good spells for junctions, getting all GFs. Got to the very last dungeon & my memory card corrupted losing all my data.

The worst I remember is getting to the floor 19 of The Wandering Dungeon in Star Ocean The Last hope and just before entering to the last floor to fight the Ethereal Queen for the first time my game suddenly froze. I didn't touch the game for more than a month after that.

I had just got a relativly new NES a few years back and wanted to play some old games. I carefully tried to move my TV so I could plug the NES in. The TV fell off my entertainment system right on top of the NES, smashing it. TV was f'd too. My heart aches just thinking of it.

When my PS2 memory card with ALL my saves stopped working, the fact that my save of games like Kingdom Hearts I & II, NFS Underground 2 and especially Dragon Quest VIII were gone made this so painful. All the work I've put into them was gone.

Not so much a gaming memory but does involve game.

When I sold my original playstation I also sold some games. One of which was 'Kula World'.

I didn't realize how valuable it was so ended up selling it for £5 when I could have got £30 - £40

Me at 5 years old

I am going to help my brother out by playing some Zelda for him

After getting some rupees I save and turn off the NES.

Me

He is going to be so happy with those extra rupees

Brother comes home from school and puts Zelda in the NES only to find that his game is erased

Me

Hey, did you see all those rupees I got you?

Brother

YOU DIDN"T HOLD RESET WHEN YOU TURNED OFF THE NES

He didn't talk to me for a week :(

(sorry I didn't have time to turn this into a Rage comic :D)

Edited by Dr_Mayus

The Sims 2 Pets on PS2.

My sister started a new game and saved on my memory card. I was halfway through the game -.-

The Simpsons Road Rage. I was SO good at that game! We let a friend borrow it, and when we got it back everything from that game that was on my memory card was gone (even though our friend didn't have my memory card) To this day, I still don't know why my saved game disappeared. I had almost completed it too! And then we lost the disk ):

My tragic gaming memory, RE PS1. I had spent days fighting everything with knife only and surprisingly not dying...only to get to Tyrant and my power went out, corrupted my data and had to start all over again :(

I could have done it again but it was something of a historic run, so I just did on RE3. (damn Nemesis was hard with knife only)

On GTA SA, I was SO CLOSE to 100% completion, but somehow, something unrelated got corrupted on the same memory card. I deleted the corrupted file, then when I next started SA, I found my Save had been wiped. I was so upset because it had taken me months to get so far. Even gave myself thumb blisters trying to get all golds in the driving school. To this day too, my SA won't work properly. I'm tempted to get the port from the ps store, but the price puts me off. I'll just wait for GTAV.