Your most tragic gaming memory

Im_The_Tom

last trophy i need on dead nation for 100% is the one for reaching level 10 on the DLC

well i had a great run, great decisions on which path to choose, reached level 9 arena with almost full health and a health pack, and then when i unleashed everything i had i accidently blew my self up with a mine, i sat there staring at the TV for about 10 minutes trying to understand what just happened, 100 minutes of intensity gone...

tried a couple more times but couldnt get there again...

When I realized after 130 hours of gaming that I missed one of the accessories I needed for the Treasure Hunter gold trophy (FFXIII) and that this accessory was unique and I couldn't buy, nor find it in a chest, nor gain him at fighting.... I selled it and it was lost forever... Hate myself, most tragic moment EVER !

Moreover that trophy was the last one before Platinum.

Deleting my 60 hour character in Dark Souls that was close to a Platinum. Thankfully I have PS+ but I had to wait 6 hours until it was actually unlocked. Had to stay on to make sure it didn't auto update and erase the cloud save.

My most tragic gaming memory was actually quite recent.

Realizing that my father, after all these years, is still better at E-Swat for the Genesis than me. And I'm sure he hasn't played that game since my brothers and I were kids.

Parker

Mine is a very recent one. I was fighting the Ethereal Queen in the Wandering Dungeon on Star Ocean: The Last Hope trying to get the "Defeat her in 10 minutes" battle trophy. I had tried 3 times before this and failed. I

finally beat her within the time frame and got the battle trophy but the game froze at the results screen after the battle. I haven't play that game again since.

The funny thing is that I didn't know what was Kratos exactly doing with them.(( I was too young & didn't know about s**) I thought he was only kissing & shaking them :D )  

You just made my day that's so funny xD

Young innocent child ^^

After spending 100+ hrs on final fantasy XII and got the ultimate weapon tournesol (second strongest weapon in the game and strongest longsword in the game). I had 2 ppl on level 90 and vaan on lvl 99. I had almost all the hunts done except 3, and I only needed Zodiark to complete my summoning collection then one day, the data corrupted :( Never played it since.

In my gaming history i've come accros some bad luck. Just take your pick at which one is the worst.

After visiting my nephew (who lives on the other side of the country) i forgot my pokemon Red. When he returned it the next time we saw each other (2-3 months later) he started a new game to catch the pokemon he was missing (this isn't so bad now, but it was when i was around 9-10 years old).

PS3 date bug on February 29th 2010 on the old PS3 Phat models: all my Overlord 2 trophies were reset.

Yellow light of Death: most saves were lost. The White Knight Chronicles back-up was installed on a new ps3 (eventually), but the in-game counters for number of slayed monsters, completed guild quests with S-rank and accumulated money were reset.

While attempting to get 10.000 competetive kills in Resistance 2, my internet connection failed time and again. This was a very clear sign of the universe saying "Screw you, you're not allowed to achieve this trophy".

Vanquish Tactical Challenge 6: got to wave 5 of this infamous challenge after trying for 4 months and beating the game on hard, only to be destroyed in the first 5 seconds (challenges are on normal difficulty)

Edited by Dragon-Archon

when my ps2 memory card got this ill called corrupted data, where the blue cube looking icons start to shows.

i lost too many of my best and hard working save files at the time., GT3 GT mode save files, dark cloud 2 nearly at the end with max and monica's weapons / status at maximum, dead or alive 2 hardcore UPS data  file and other stuff like all the clothes and beating 100 foes at survival, GTA san anderas save files.

a lot's actually happen to me back then with the NES and ps1 or PC, but this is the worst so far.  

Sometime in the mid 90's...........

I was about 40 hours into Phantasy Star IV (tied with Chrono Trigger for all-time favorite RPG) the farthest I had ever gotten, well my cousin came over and started a new game over my save file. 

I still occasionally cry myself to sleep.