Flagged For Leaderboard Removal Box

1 hour ago, scottmidds said:

one said game was before the site existed...

can I ask a question out of curiosity since I remember seeing your dispute...it is not intended to be insulting, really just wonder what you might reply...off topic...apologies...

if you had a choice between the following two options, which would you go for?...

1 - all trophies earned before you joined the site were not displayed...

2 -  hide game(s) that was/were cheated before you joined the site but see every other trophy on your profile...

i'm using before you joined the site as a cutoff since technically someone else could've added your profile before then without you knowing...this would mean that you could be completely unaware of the leaderboards, rules, flags, etc. of the site...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

can I ask a question out of curiosity since I remember seeing your dispute...it is not intended to be insulting, really just wonder what you might reply...off topic...apologies...

if you had a choice between the following two options, which would you go for?...

1 - all trophies earned before you joined the site were not displayed...

2 -  hide game(s) that was/were cheated before you joined the site but see every other trophy on your profile...

i'm using before you joined the site as a cutoff since technically someone else could've added your profile before then without you knowing...this would mean that you could be completely unaware of the leaderboards, rules, flags, etc. of the site...

Absolutely Sir, I would actually be happy with either since i did join the site along time ago. But option number 2 would be more fitting.

Because it was soo long ago i could not even remember cheating since at the time i was 14 years old. I only realised once being flagged recently that this was the case.

Hiding or removing cheated games before the site was introduced/joined would be fantastic. 

I believe if i hide the game now it will make no difference since the game has already been flagged, so i will still see the red box on my profile.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, scottmidds said:

I believe if i hide the game now it will make no difference since the game has already been flagged, so i will still see the red box on my profile.

I don't believe the box would should if you hide the games. You can always test it by hiding them and updating (with earning another trophy) and see.

If the staff of the website isn't going to do anything for you, the way you can likely self-fix this is to get adblock plus for your web browser. After doing that, right click on the red box and hover over the "Adblock" option, then click "Block this ad". It'll pop up with a bar you can slide until the red box is gone, then from there I believe the red box will be gone for you any time you refresh the page. The other option might be to simply not sign into the website so you don't see the box, I think you can be signed into the forums without signing into the website as a whole. I'm not sure what you use the website for though. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

This has been requested at least a couple times in the past as well. One reasonably elegant solution would be for Sly to add a manual "remove my profile from the leaderboards" checkbox on the account settings page. If that box is checked, then your profile is removed from the leaderboards (even if you have not been flagged) and any "you are flagged and removed from the leaderboards" red boxes are hidden (since they are no longer relevant to you).

• Like 3

@Sly Ripper I agree it's kind of an eyesore for the person with the profile, because after seeing it once they understand what's going on and have to live with a giant red box for the rest of time, it's like a giant ad. I wish there was like a "minimize button" for the person that would just like turn the heading of that module blue, push it down below milestones, and not show the main content unless you pushed maximize again

Or maybe you they could disable seeing the box in their profile settings? Probably easier lol

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

Minimize could be saved in localStorage or some shit.

I got no idea what this hides other than the "flagged box", but if you install stylebot for chrome or something like that, it won't show if you input the following css for it:

.title.red.flex.v-align, .title.red.flex.v-align + .box {
    display: none;
}

2018_09_01_13h38_51.png

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

On 8/29/2018 at 4:56 AM, scottmidds said:

Hey Guys,

So as my dispute was unsuccessful, which i was almost certain of would be the case, even though one said game was before the site existed.

Would it be possible please to remove the Flagged box? Its pretty annoying and pointless as i cannot do anything about it anyway. (I know only i can see it but its annoying).

Thanks,

Scottmidds

Use adblocker.  Select that red box.  Done. 

Or use a different addon for disabling sections:  https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock#ublock-origin

Edited by DARKB1KE

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, Flaw_lessRaider said:

Me too :( my brother add his ps3 games to my ps4 account I didn’t know it will effect me in the future. What do i do now to get it removed because i just got world second in Arcadegeddon 

The box can only be removed if your flags are lifted.

If the flags are not lifted, the red box will stay.

Then you can simply hide the box with the 2 workarounds listed in the 2 commentaries above.

Edited by Geridian
Wording

7 hours ago, Geridian said:

The box can only be removed if your flags are lifted.

If the flags are not lifted, the red box will stay.

Then you can simply hide the box with the 2 workarounds listed in the 2 commentaries above.

Shouldn’t have to though, maybe a tick to acknowledge it and it’s gone rather than a badge of shame. People learn and don’t want the constant reminder, even if it was for something done years ago but that’s a different topic altogether.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amurnin100 said:

Shouldn’t have to though, maybe a tick to acknowledge it and it’s gone rather than a badge of shame. People learn and don’t want the constant reminder, even if it was for something done years ago but that’s a different topic altogether.

I hear you, bad you must bring this to the attention of the mods and Sly.

• Like 1