How To Get "Team Player" Trophy in EU Region Without PS Vita

mhussein09_mz

Hey Guys, so i know the Co-Op is glitched on EU version of the game, but i found a trick to get the Team player trophy, i found out that the EU and NA version of the games share the same trophy list and since the game is not glitched on NA version, what i did was create a US account, activate Ps Plus free trial to get the game, then play using my EU account and i got the Trophy and Platinum ?  

Notes:

1. You have to delete the EU Game version

2. The save files are region locked so i had to play 13 stages again to get the charms

3. If you don't have a credit card for 14 day trial, you can activate 2 day PS plus free trial but you'll have to be fast

4. You don't need two controllers, you can just switch users with one

5. I wrote this while the game was Free in PS Plus, if it's not anymore Sorry

On 24/09/2018 at 8:16 AM, mhussein09_mz said:

Hey Guys, so i know the Co-Op is glitched on EU version of the game, but i found a trick to get the Team player trophy, i found out that the EU and NA version of the games share the same trophy list and since the game is not glitched on NA version, what i did was create a US account, activate Ps Plus free trial to get the game, then play using my EU account and i got the Trophy and Platinum 1f642.png  

Notes:

1. You have to delete the EU Game version

2. The save files are region locked so i had to play 13 stages again to get the charms

3. If you don't have a credit card for 14 day trial, you can activate 2 day PS plus free trial but you'll have to be fast

4. You don't need two controllers, you can just switch users with one

5. I wrote this while the game was Free in PS Plus, if it's not anymore Sorry

Is this trophy the only online one in the entire game?
I've checked playstationtrophies.org and it lists this game as having 0 online trophies, so I'm really confused.

On 30/09/2018 at 5:10 PM, whittle181 said:

Is this trophy the only online one in the entire game?
I've checked playstationtrophies.org and it lists this game as having 0 online trophies, so I'm really confused.

This trophy can be done in either online or offline co-op, which is why it's not list as an online only trophy but the Co-Op mode is completely borked in the EU version so doesn't allow either on or offline Co-Op games to start in the vast majority of cases. Using a Vita, either via Remote Play or as the host, seems to be the only way to get the Co-Op trophy in the EU (though even then it's not 100% reliable), without having to go through the hassle of creating a US account and downloading that version instead :(.

EDIT: Here's the full workaround for getting this trophy:

SOLUTION!!

I just got the platinum trophy now after experiencing all of the issues mentioned, unfortunately you will need a PS Vita. Download Foul Play from PS Store on your Vita, start up the game on both systems (PS4 and Vita), on PS4 navigate to the player select screen press triangle for online game and choose CREATE MATCH then PUBLIC MATCH. On the Vita do the same but instead of choosing create match instead press FIND MATCH. Join from your Vita and happy days. I used the same profile on both systems. Hope this helps.

Credit to Joseph Greenwood for this.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This trophy can be done in either online or offline co-op, which is why it's not list as an online only trophy but the Co-Op mode is completely borked in the EU version so doesn't allow either on or offline Co-Op games to start in the vast majority of cases. Using a Vita, either via Remote Play or as the host, seems to be the only way to get the Co-Op trophy in the EU (though even then it's not 100% reliable), without having to go through the hassle of creating a US account and downloading that version instead :(.

Thanks for the info. And when using the Vita and PS4 together I am playing on the exact same account with both at the same time? Also, is every other trophy in this game possible to do solo?

Okay so i've downloaded the NA version, but i can't start it on my EU account. Did i miss something? Am i supposed to play it on my NA account and then when i got the 13 charms do duo with my EU account, will that pop the trophy?

Edited by itzzh3lixx

17 minutes ago, itzzh3lixx said:

Okay so i've downloaded the NA version, but i can't start it on my EU account. Did i miss something? Am i supposed to play it on my NA account and then when i got the 13 charms do duo with my EU account, will that pop the trophy?

Have you activated both accounts and set them as Primaries? If you haven't, then that's why your EU account can't access anything from the US Store that you downloaded with your other account.

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Have you activated both accounts and set them as Primaries? If you haven't, then that's why your EU account can't access anything from the US Store that you downloaded with your other account.

Thank you that fixed it!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just jumping in on this thread to say that the developers that made Foul Play are also behind the Fall Guys game in PS Plus next month.

If there was ever a time to get onto on them to try and potentially fix this trophy, then this might be a good opportunity.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Lots of related topics out there, but since this is on the list of potential unachievables once Vita messaging goes away, just want to confirm:

You CAN earn Team Player on the NA version on PS4 with two controllers locally.

This is how I did it, and as far as I can see it will always be achievable that way. I make no guarantees for other regions or platforms, but since there is only a single trophy list it will never* be truly unachievable. It might be more trouble than it's worth, but that's a separate question.

*Sony may find a way to fuck it up sooner or later, never say never.

• Like 1

For (near) future reference, as of yesterday I unlocked the trophy by creating the match on a PS5 and joining on a PS Vita, the other way around didn't work for me. I joined myself with, well, myself and it popped after equipping two team charms on the host character and starting a random chapter. I have a Dutch (EU) PSN account.

• 2 weeks later...

I have popped the Team Player trophy today, I used my main and alt accounts which are both Australian accounts using the EU PS Plus version of the game.

I could not connect via local co-op.

I could not connect using Vita + PS4 which was the usual workaround for EU users.

So I tried connecting PS5 + PS4 and it worked instantly. This is what I did:

• Downloaded the game on PS5.
  • Opened the game on PS5 using an alt. Opened the game on PS4 using my main account (alt did not have any progress at all).
  • Started an online public match using PS5.
  • On the PS4 I chose "Quick Match" and matched with my alt immediately.
  • From there I was able to choose my team charms (Silver Mirror, Merman Scale, Daemonic Talon charm).
  • Readied up on both consoles and the trophy popped as I loaded into the game.
Edited by Mina
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I got this with my PS4 and Vita yesterday. Was able to create and join a public match without ever having to use the Messages app. You can invite someone to your game with messages, but they can also just join a public match. If there were a lot of people playing the game it may become a bit harder to find your boosting partner, but we're talking about an indie game from 2013 here.

All that to say - I don't think it'll become unobtainable from the Vita front.

• 2 years later...

I can happily confirm that it still works to start this game on your PS5, then create a match, search for it with your alt on PS4 and then join. I could only join on the second try, but other than that zero issues. I would presume it also still works if you have a Vita, but can't test that. Glad it's finally over.

Hi,
Simply play on your main and with an alt either on ps4 or ps5. You just have to be connected on the same internet connexion.
Create a private game and invite your alt.
Equip the two charms and launch a level
The trophy  pop at the begining.

Tested with a friend 3 days ago. We played the entire game together and no problem to find each other.