AAA Harry Potter RPG Leaked. KOTOR Vibes.

linkdevivo

I am at least interested in this, a Harry Potter based RPG game would be nice.  I didn't get to see what footage was leaked, so I can't tell if you're playing as Harry, Ron or another main character, or if it's the whole, make your own Hogwarts student and have fun in Hogwarts, be a wizard and all that good stuff.  If the latter I'd be rather pleased, if the former, eh... I could do without.

51 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I am at least interested in this, a Harry Potter based RPG game would be nice.  I didn't get to see what footage was leaked, so I can't tell if you're playing as Harry, Ron or another main character, or if it's the whole, make your own Hogwarts student and have fun in Hogwarts, be a wizard and all that good stuff.  If the latter I'd be rather pleased, if the former, eh... I could do without.

You create your own student

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

It's set in the 19th century (1800s) so it'll be it's own story. You're a late bloomer and get your letter when you're about to enter 5th year. You can choose to be good or bad and there's 8 types of wizards or classes.

6 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

Aren't Avalance notoriously terrible devs? They managed to surprise screw up Mad Max like 5 years after release.

Not the same Avalanche dude, there’s 2 different ones, the ones that made the Mad Max games are the same one behind the Just Cause series, the Avalanche that is supposedly developing this HP game is a different entity.

5 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

Pretty sure its made by Avalanche Studios because the way the character moves reminds me of Mad Max, but I can be wrong.

Anyway I never was a big fan of HP but this trailer got me hooked, I can see this being a great game to anyone that likes the series

No it’s not that Avalanche, different studio, same name.

This would be AWESOME! I've always dreamed of an RPG Harry Potter game, especially after playing the last two games that basically turned into (bad) shooters. I loved the Harry Potter games on the PS1 & PS2, and a game where you could create your own character would open up so many possibilities!

3 hours ago, LepreCon1991 said:

Please don't screw it up

Please don't screw it up

Please don't screw it up

Please don't screw it up

Please don't screw it up

Please don't screw it up

Please don't screw it up

Please don't screw it up

Please don't screw it up

Please don't screw it up

Please don't screw it up

Lol yeah, this game can be a serious 10/10 :D

4 hours ago, PhantomBlade19 said:

Thank god it's not made by EA, otherwise every spell would be a microtransaction... Imagine open lootboxes for spells and cast timers... 

Warner Bros. aren't that much better than EA at this point. Remember the whole thing about Shadow of War when that was coming out? They could easily do the same with Harry Potter.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Warner Bros. aren't that much better than EA at this point. Remember the whole thing about Shadow of War when that was coming out? They could easily do the same with Harry Potter.

Do you also remember that those micro transactions had zero effect on your game and were 100% optional? 

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Do you also remember that those micro transactions had zero affect on your game and were 100% optional? 

Lootboxes in a single-player game is unacceptable. If they had the microtransactions be extra costumes or whatever then that wouldn't be so bad. But basically adding in an RNG system where you may or may not get good gear is absurd and scummy.

And even then, they still haven't had a very good record in regards to their other games. A couple examples being that they chose to go with making DLC instead of fixing the game for Arkham Origins, they never really fixed the PC port for Arkham Knight, and the fact the FTC had to get involved regarding them buying favorable opinions towards Shadow of War. It feels like ever since Arkham City and maybe even before that they started going down a slippery slope. As much as I loved Arkham City it's bullshit they had Catwoman as a separate DLC despite playing a part in the story. So yeah, I don't exactly have confidence in them not repeating the same things in regards to a Harry Potter RPG.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

How much are they paying you to repeat their talking points? Just because you don't hit a literal paywall that stops your progression doesn't make it okay. You have no idea how the game's balancing was tweaked to encourage you to pay for these things; more grindy, harder enemies, etc.  They don't put microtransactions in there just for shits and giggles, they want you to buy them. Lootboxes in singeplayer games are unacceptable, end of story. WB are one of the worst video game companies out there when it comes to anti-consumer practices, so they really don't deserve you or anyone else defending them.

Lmao people that get this butt hurt over meaningless loot boxes is hilarious. The gameplay was no more difficult than the first game that had zero lootboxes so this arguement is stupid...

15 minutes ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Loot boxes is a form of gambling and shouldn't be in games. PERIOD.

I seriously don't give a shit either way but y'all are bitching about nothing since we know nothing about this game yet. Quit turning this thread into a bitching thread.

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ren said:

This would be AWESOME! I've always dreamed of an RPG Harry Potter game, especially after playing the last two games that basically turned into (bad) shooters. I loved the Harry Potter games on the PS1 & PS2, and a game where you could create your own character would open up so many possibilities!

Can you believe i got the platinum on those 2 games? What is wrong with me? I mean the second one wasn't THAT bad but the first one was garbage.

Looks good, but when Rocksteady was rumoured, I was really disappointed by how it looked. Going from Arkham Knight to this... would have been a clear downgrade from what we've seen in this reveal trailer. Still looks like fun, don't get me wrong, but graphically it's no where near Arkham Knight's league. 

Still can't wait to see more from it.

It's funny reading a lot of comments on here saying "please don't screw this up with loot boxes and/or microtransactions". It shows how much we no longer trust the industry, such a sad time.

I've never read the books, enjoyed the films to an extent so I'd say I have a neutral view on the development of this. I watched the in-game footage and was surprised how good it looked. If it can capture the atmosphere, with a great narrative and fun gameplay this has the potential to be one of the greats as long as they treat their audience as players and not payers.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I know, but they did remove it later, and also being there didn't bother me because I've always recruited my own orcs. I understand your doubts about WB latest practices, hopefully this time it's not there at all...

Regarding this game, from what I've seen, it could be a great Harry Potter game if not the best, a game we have been waiting for at least a decade.

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix, is still my favourite HP game (even tho it was made by EA), I played it along time ago with my brother on a PS2.

Edited by PhantomBlade19

5 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Looks good, but when Rocksteady was rumoured, I was really disappointed by how it looked. Going from Arkham Knight to this... would have been a clear downgrade from what we've seen in this reveal trailer. Still looks like fun, don't get me wrong, but graphically it's no where near Arkham Knight's league. 

It's really hard to believe Rocksteady is developing this, Avalanche is the one rumored to be doing it. Sources say Rocksteady is sticking to Superheroes. Plus Avalanche put out job listings back in April of this year for people with extensive knowledge of british lore (would go perfecty with the 1800s scenario). There's close to 0 probability of this being Rocksteady.