Kill Your Completion ∞

On 10/26/2018 at 10:31 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Just a reminder to those that have yet to post a list or part of it.

@Caju_94 missing 2 Vita games

@Edunstar84 missing full list

@MarkusT1992 missing full list

@Metal Slime King missing full list

@PerryToxteth missing full list

@XX_FTW missing 2 Vita games

I'm on it! Will post shortly. Just deciding on a final list.

I decided on replacing MK2 with One Piece Burning Blood on my list, which is supposed to arrive in the mail next week. So yeah, I'll be playing that during the event (unless the package gets "lost in the mail" again).

Anyway, all lists are updated as far as I know. Still missing the two from @PerryToxteth and @ghostly-legend though.

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I decided on replacing MK2 with One Piece Burning Blood on my list, which is supposed to arrive in the mail next week. So yeah, I'll be playing that during the event (unless the package gets "lost in the mail" again).

Anyway, all lists are updated as far as I know. Still missing the two from @PerryToxteth and @ghostly-legend though.

I'll have it out later today!

Well, Deception is also a game that's sort of "horror" :P .

Detention is fairly short and takes about 3 hours to complete, if you read all the text (which gives a lot of background info on the story, so that's something to look out for). Oh yeah, and the warning the game gives you at the beginning is not to be taken lightly. Just as a heads up.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

So, about my bonus game...

My wife took a short glance at Starlink and said she didn't want to play it, so I just started on my own and I already have the platinum now. Woopsie!

So I guess for the PlayStation side of thigs, I'll just stick to the KYC games this month. Perhaps I'll do some more in HITMAN (1) if I find myself having some more time in a set of days, or if I just hate the games I have initially chosen.

I'm trying to figure out if I have to group the games already, or if it's better to just wing it like I normally do.

On 26/10/2018 at 8:41 PM, MarkusT1992 said:
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch

(...)

• Life is Strange

I absolutely LOVE Octodad: Dadliest Catch! Such a stupid fun game... Enjoy!

I didn't think much of Life Is Strange though, I think it's overrated.

On 28/10/2018 at 7:53 AM, Metal Slime King said:

- Bloodbourne (PS4)

It was actually the first KYC event that made me forget I was playing Bloodborne, by the time I got to it again I had deleted and reinstalled the game data and it wouldn't read my save file any more because I hadn't installed the full game, according to it (which I had).

Was excited to get it again for PS+, but haven't restarted yet.

On 28/10/2018 at 1:19 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Here's my list:

1. Cat Quest (PS4) RPG Adventure
  2. Chaos; Head (PS4) Japanese VN
  3. Yonder (PS4) Puzzle RPG
  4. Beyond: Two Souls (PS4) Interactive drama, action-adventure
  5. Tokyo Xanadu ex+ (PS4) JRPG
  6. Ultra Despair Girls (Vita) Action-adventure 3rd person shooter
  7. Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PS4) Open world stealth
  8. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) Action RPG
  9. Hollow Knight (PS4)  Platformer
  10. World of Final Fantasy (PS4) JRPG

Multiple titles I want to comment om so I'll just leave the full list intact.

Cat Quest: who cares that it's free, short and made by EPA. I liked this game, it had a good message and it was entertaining.

Yonder: Let me know what you think, I've spotted this on the Switch but haven't bought it yet.

Beyond Two Souls: my first playthrough was fun, but on additional playthroughs I noticed just how little it matters if you take control or just let the game run itself. Very disappointing.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate: personally speaking, this was one of the more disappointing Assassin's Creed games.

Horizon Zero Dawn: The non-Aloy faces were animated a bit weirdly in my eyes, I thought the gameplay was bland and Ibhad trouble getting into the game, but what an amazing story it has... Those twists were great, and it made the game one of my favourites for that year.

On 28/10/2018 at 8:33 PM, vin_rob said:

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (ps4)

Bought it on release on the Switch, still haven't played beyond the first full mission :( I've planned to sit for the final part in Starlink tomorrow so I can switch cartridges and start on Valkyria again.

9 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

3. God of War (PS3)

- yes, that PS3 is not a typo. I have never played the original GofW. I have no explanation why, it just happened that way. It's the same as me never seeing 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail.' I love films of yesteryear. I've seen other Monty Python films. I've just never seen the 'Grail' from beginning to end. BTW - Feel free to flail me for these miscues.

4. Pic-A-Pix Color (PS4)

- Busy weekend means a softball game here. I believe this game is a puzzle game, similar to puzzles that are in a few Artifex Mundi games, but I could be wrong. 

(...)

8. Datura (PS3)

- Pretty sure this will stink, but I want it off my ps3 and I need something short here.

GET OUT. Don't come back until you've watched Monty Python And The Holy Grail.

Pic-A-Pix is a nonogram game, it's fun. Try playing without hints!

Datura sucked hard. I recommend just deleting it, over actually playing it.

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

2. Axiom Verge (PS4)

Metroidvania that resembles Super Metroid from the SNES in many ways.

Cool game, and the one that made me get more into MetroidVania games. Especially "Trace Rising" is a great piece of music in this game.

Also... I see another KYC event is on the move, it's becoming hard to figure out where to put my daily likes again.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

Cat Quest: who cares that it's free, short and made by EPA. I liked this game, it had a good message and it was entertaining-

You're thinking of the wrong game. Cat Quest is a  title that was 30€ at release. What you're thinking of is Kitten Squad.You're right about it being short and entertaining though :P .

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

You're thinking of the wrong game. Cat Quest is a  title that was 30€ at release. What you're thinking of is Kitten Squad.You're right about it being short and entertaining though :P .

My girlfriend even liked to play Kitten Squat with me. And she hates gaming, doesn't even like mario kart or games like that:(

33 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

My bad @Edunstar84. I know nothing about Cat Quest then. I can recommend Kitten Squad though.

4 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

My bad @Edunstar84. I know nothing about Cat Quest then. I can recommend Kitten Squad though.

Cat Quest is kind of a Zelda-clone (a very basic one), that has a ton of cat puns. It's also a fairly short and fun game, if you just want to play something chill.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

@Kassandra - Unfortunately, I had to buy Cat Quest, though it might be the best £4 I ever spent. I've heard loads of stories about Assassin's Creed Syndicate. It will be my 1st, so I'll be totally unbiased. I bought it to get into the series, and because I like the setting of Victorian England. We'll see how it goes. I know it's not the same thing, but I had Watch Dogs o my list from a previous KYC and haven't gotten over the 3 hour mark with it. I hope it doesn't happen this time. 

Actually, I can't wait to get started on my games. I've been making the list over a couple of weeks, and feel confident that I'll enjoy most of them.

EDIT: Aye, Kitten Squad? Well, I think I'll enjoy CQ nonetheless.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

@Edunstar84 if it helps, I got the platinum in Assassin's Creed Syndicate but i STILL haven't finished Watch_Dogs 1, even though it was the first game I got a trophy in (mainly so my account would begin with a trophy called "Hello World"). I'd think a game like Odyssey or Origins would be better at this point to get you into the current AC series, but we'll see how you do with Syndicate :)

I want to start on my games too, just two more days and we're on!

• Like 1