Kill Your Completion ∞

AC Syndicate is actually my favourite AC game so far. I'm also a sucker for Victorian England though and the gameplay just felt a lot smoother overall.

Out of the ones I've finished I'd rank them like this:

1. AC Syndicate
  2. AC II
  3. AC Brotherhood
  4. AC
  5. AC Rogue
  6. AC Liberation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

AC Syndicate is actually my favourite AC game so far. I'm also a sucker for Victorian England though and the gameplay just felt a lot smoother overall.

Out of the ones I've finished I'd rank them like this:

1. AC Syndicate
  2. AC II
  3. AC Brotherhood
  4. AC
  5. AC Rogue
  6. AC Liberation

... So, your goal with Assassin's Creed is to only play the bad ones and the two that were excellent in their day but are aging badly? :-/

AC II and Brotherhood rate very high for me but only because I played them years ago when they were fancy, they aren't aging well it seems, especially II. I liked Rogue but it's not much compared to Black Flag, only thing that Rogue has that's bette ris the Lisbon sequence. AC1 was promising but tedious, Liberation was a Vita side game that got a graphical upgrade, and you know my thoughts on Syndicate.

Go play Black Flag and Odyssey and Origins, and we'll talk. :-)

45 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

... So, your goal with Assassin's Creed is to only play the bad ones and the two that were excellent in their day but are aging badly? :-/

AC II and Brotherhood rate very high for me but only because I played them years ago when they were fancy, they aren't aging well it seems, especially II. I liked Rogue but it's not much compared to Black Flag, only thing that Rogue has that's bette ris the Lisbon sequence. AC1 was promising but tedious, Liberation was a Vita side game that got a graphical upgrade, and you know my thoughts on Syndicate.

Go play Black Flag and Odyssey and Origins, and we'll talk. :-)

I only listed the ones that I finished the story for. I also played Black Flag, Unity and III, but haven't finished them yet. Even including those, the top 3 would remain the same for me at this point. AC III is by far the worst of the whole franchise for me, and the only one I actually disliked.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

49 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I only listed the ones that I finished the story for. I also played Black Flag, Unity and III, but haven't finished them yet. Even including those, the top 3 would remain the same for me at this point. AC III is by far the worst of the whole franchise for me, and the only one I actually disliked.

I liked Syndicate a lot, too. But then I loved 3, and hated Black Flag. :lol: Nostalgia may always cloud my judgement, but I thought Brotherhood was the best. The ending of that game was where the whole "present day story" started to go to shit, though..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ghostly-legend said:

My list in no particular order

Murdered soul suspect (PS3)

LA Noire (PS3)

LOTR War in the North (PS3)

MoH Frontline  (PS3)

Uncharted Golden abyss (Vita)

Is it allowed to add titles during the event? And or switch a game before starting it?

I am pretty sure about my list right now but you never know ;)

You can switch the order, but once you start a game you got to stick with it for the set amount of days (which in your case would be 6). On the final day of the game make a post with your views on said game and when the next day starts you can move on to the next game. You're free to play however many other games on the side, however they are not officially part of the event and as such don't require updates nor will be added to the OP. What some of us do (myself included), is give a brief overview about all the games we played during the event, including ones that we played on the side. That's only on the final day though and not mandatory.

4 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I'm interested in participating. Last time was fun.

I'm going to limit it to 5 games this time, though, as I've been ill and also have a small vacation planned for Thanksgiving.

Syberia 3 (Nov 1-6)

Shaq Fu (Nov 7-12)

The Longest Five Minutes (Nov 13-18)

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (Nov 19-24)

Hyperdimension Neptunia (Nov 25-30)

Get well soon! And also, added :) .

8 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

@Kassandra - Unfortunately, I had to buy Cat Quest, though it might be the best £4 I ever spent. I've heard loads of stories about Assassin's Creed Syndicate. It will be my 1st, so I'll be totally unbiased. I bought it to get into the series, and because I like the setting of Victorian England. We'll see how it goes. I know it's not the same thing, but I had Watch Dogs o my list from a previous KYC and haven't gotten over the 3 hour mark with it. I hope it doesn't happen this time. 

Actually, I can't wait to get started on my games. I've been making the list over a couple of weeks, and feel confident that I'll enjoy most of them.

EDIT: Aye, Kitten Squad? Well, I think I'll enjoy CQ nonetheless.

In my opinion the best AC game is still Brotherhood. I just recently finished Revelations and with it the third game of the Ezio Collection. All three games play quite well still today.

I'd say the Ezio Colloction is a good starting point, but Syndicate is a good one too in my opinion.

@Kassandra The three AC games you mentioned (Black Flag, Origins and Odyssey) are the worst AC games for me. I havn't played Odyssey yet but it looks like Origins so I imagine it being very similar. Just to be clear: These games aren't bad, only not what I want from an AC game. Black Flag had very little to do with Assassins vs. Templars and was more a pirate game.

Origins on the other hand has something to do with Assassins vs. Templars but I'd prefere if the would keep AC an Action Adventure series instead of making an RPG series out of it.

I know that many people like these three games because of those reasons but not me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I liked Syndicate a lot, too. But then I loved 3, and hated Black Flag. :lol: Nostalgia may always cloud my judgement, but I thought Brotherhood was the best. The ending of that game was where the whole "present day story" started to go to shit, though..

1 minute ago, MarkusT1992 said:

In my opinion the best AC game is still Brotherhood. I just recently finished Revelations and with it the third game of the Ezio Collection. All three games play quite well still today.

I'd say the Ezio Colloction is a good starting point, but Syndicate is a good one too in my opinion.

@Kassandra The three AC games you mentioned (Black Flag, Origins and Odyssey) are the worst AC games for me. I havn't played Odyssey yet but it looks like Origins so I imagine it being very similar. Just to be clear: These games aren't bad, only not what I want from an AC game. Black Flag had very little to do with Assassins vs. Templars and was more a pirate game.

Origins on the other hand has something to do with Assassins vs. Templars but I'd prefere if the would keep AC an Action Adventure series instead of making an RPG series out of it.

I know that many people like these three games because of those reasons but not me.

Black Flag is indeed a far cry from the usual AC romp, but I love it nontheless. I usually tell people not to expect an Assassin's Creed game but rather the best Pirates Of The Caribbean game they'll ever play.

Origins and Odyssey might be different but they both had a cool (proto-)Templar hit list. Props need to go to Odyssey for adding (calculating by memory) 42 cultists to the game, for most of which you'll actually need to search for clues about their identities, and then you'll need to make a plan to kill them and get away with it. For a game series that always lacked in the Assassin part of the title according to many, I feel like Odyssey is the best way to do it without becoming a Hitman game.

Odyssey feels very different from Origins, by the way. And I get it if people dislike games for changing too much from previous titles,but I'm one of the AC fans that most of the changes were for the better, and that current day Assassin's Creed is a stronger game for it.

1 hour ago, Kassandra said:

Black Flag is indeed a far cry from the usual AC romp, but I love it nontheless. I usually tell people not to expect an Assassin's Creed game but rather the best Pirates Of The Caribbean game they'll ever play.

Origins and Odyssey might be different but they both had a cool (proto-)Templar hit list. Props need to go to Odyssey for adding (calculating by memory) 42 cultists to the game, for most of which you'll actually need to search for clues about their identities, and then you'll need to make a plan to kill them and get away with it. For a game series that always lacked in the Assassin part of the title according to many, I feel like Odyssey is the best way to do it without becoming a Hitman game.

Odyssey feels very different from Origins, by the way. And I get it if people dislike games for changing too much from previous titles,but I'm one of the AC fans that most of the changes were for the better, and that current day Assassin's Creed is a stronger game for it.

I can understand when people like Origins and Odyssey more than previous AC games but like I said for me they could at least keep the genre.

I had the same problme with Darksiders. I loved the first game for being a more mature Zelda like game but stopped playing the second because of the massive changes they made. I hope that Darksiders 3 will be more like the first one.

The only thing I know about Odyssey is that the story is somewhat about the first civilisation and the Pieces of Eden and how the were made. At least that is what I read somewhere.

The only thing keeping me from playing Odyssey is my full storage. I need to finish games to make room for it. Your description of Odyssey sounds interesting and I might start it after KYC.

In my oppinion Unity and Syndicate were a big improvement in the assassination parts. There you had different methods to kill a target. That's a part Ubisoft could build on and improve for future AC games in more modern times than Origins and Odyssey.

2 hours ago, ghostly-legend said:

Is it allowed to add titles during the event? And or switch a game before starting it?

I'm probably the worst offender with this. :lol: But I just start another game if I finish or get tired of one before the 3 days are up, and post a review for it before playing the next game on the list. In the previous KYC, I had a short list of 5 games, and ended up playing and reviewing 10. :/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The moment where

Reveal hidden contents

Lucy Stillman dies

was bad.

Ubisoft really needs to go back to this. The present day sequences are an absolute disgrace compared to what we got in Assassins Creed 1 through Brotherhood - Revelations. In Black Flag and Rogue you're basically a mute, faceless Assassin who is working at Abstergo as a spy, whom they think you're just another Templar. In Unity and Syndicate you basically watch cutscene after cutscene of some woman that isn't really associated with either Assassin or Templar, and Shawn and Rebecca getting into some mishaps and trouble with the opposition.

I haven't really touched Origins or Odyssey so I can't comment on those.

--

I think I'll make a schedule for when I'll play the five games I have.

1. Dokuro (Nov 1st - Nov 6th)

2. Axiom Verge (Nov 7th - Nov 8th)

3. Resistance 3 (Nov 9th - Nov 14th)

4. Dead Space 2 (Nov 15th - Nov 20th)

5. Dark Souls (Nov 21st - Nov 26th)

Should I finish these games ahead of schedule would it be alright to jump ahead to the next game? If so I'll definitely do that, but if this event doesn't allow for it I will play other games in-between, I'm fine with that too.

I'm afraid you'll have to find something to play on the side in those cases, or add more games to the event off the bat.

Just now, voodoo_eyes said:

I'm afraid you'll have to find something to play on the side in those cases, or add more games to the event off the bat.

I have a Sherlock Holmes game I got from Gamefly so I'll just play that in-between.

I could of added a few more games but I feel 5 games is enough. I just haven't had the time to play all that anymore with a physical labor job taking up a good portion of my day.

Just now, Spaz said:

I have a Sherlock Holmes game I got from Gamefly so I'll just play that in-between.

I could of added a few more games but I feel 5 games is enough. I just haven't had the time to play all that anymore with a physical labor job taking up a good portion of my day.

I hope it's not the Devil's Daughter one, as that one is just awful when compared to the previous ones.

Glad to see this much interest in the event. A lot of previous participants and quite a few new ones as well.

Not too long now until it starts, so again... make sure you got your games installed and patched to avoid some hassle during the event.

For those who don't know yet, the event start time is the 1st of November at 00:01, your local time.

On 10/30/2018 at 2:56 AM, Kassandra said:

GET OUT. Don't come back until you've watched Monty Python And The Holy Grail.

Ha! How did I correctly guess that Billy would be the one to lambast me for not seeing "The Grail" in its entirety? :P

Over the years of stumbling into various showings of it, I figure I've seen about 75% of it. Or at least enough to catch the "merely a flesh wound" and "Look up here!" scenes that are common references. My problem was in high school, I would try watching with a group who had already seen it umpteen times. So once it started, the quoting began and I would see less of the movie and more of a live-action skit performed by all the Yahoos in attendance. But I'm sure we all have that popular outlier movie we haven't seen or game (GofW for me) we have yet to play.

- Oddly enough, I've seen "Meaning of Life" at least 4-5 times. I guess at some point, my friends matured; caring less about the air speed velocity of a swallow, and more about a roller skate jumblies chase scene. B)

21 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

This! ?

AC III is my favorite of the bunch. I feel it has one of the deepest stories and the exploration in the game is unmatched (tho I have yet to play Origins or Odyssey). The historical characters fit best into the story in this one too; i.e. Charles Lee really WAS an asshole. 

I have a working theory however, that generally speaking, Americans tended to like this game more than Europeans.

Strangely, I preferred Unity over Syndicate but can't pinpoint exactly why. It could be that the gameplay had just gotten stale in the series; hence the reboot with Origins. BUT! I think the Jack the Ripper dlc is the best add-on in the series.  

Of course, I've enjoyed playing all AC games (I have logged hundreds of hours in AC titles) so that it's basically arguing semantics at this point. 

19 hours ago, ghostly-legend said:

My list in no particular order

Murdered soul suspect (PS3)

LA Noire (PS3)

LOTR War in the North (PS3)

MoH Frontline  (PS3)

Uncharted Golden abyss (Vita)

War in the North has a couple game-breaking save glitches so be careful! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I am glad and excited to start tomorrow.

So unless I manage to do something small today like finish another few word searches, my starting completion should remain the same. After some deliberation, I decided on my order plus I did swap one game because I am out of storage space on my vita, and I am buying Castlevania today.

Beginning Completion: 50.00%

Attack on Titan 2: 1-3 Nov

Doctor Who The Eternity Clock: 4-6 Nov

Castlevania Requiem: 7-9 Nov

Demetrios: 10-12 Nov

Pillars of the Earth: 13-15 Nov

Halloween Forever: 16-18 Nov

Old Man’s Journey: 19-21 Nov

Rainbow Skies: 22-24 Nov

Battlechasers Nightwar: 25-27 Nov

Randal’s Monday: 28-30 Nov

updated

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

AC III is my favorite of the bunch. I feel it has one of the deepest stories and the exploration in the game is unmatched (tho I have yet to play Origins or Odyssey). The historical characters fit best into the story in this one too; i.e. Charles Lee really WAS an asshole. 

I have a working theory however, that generally speaking, Americans tended to like this game more than Europeans.

I think your main praise for the game, is the main reason I didn't like it. While the story presentation was good,, I thought its deliverance dragged on for far too long. When that happens in the game I tend to lose interest. I like things to be precise and to the point, as might be noticeable in my "reviews" which tend to be fairly short. Like all the things, it comes down to preference in the end. Then again I also didn't like any of the gameplay elements (like the hunting and tracking aspects in particular) in it xD

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

FYI

The PS Plus titles were already announced in case you missed them. So if you want to switch games around to fit some of them in, feel free to do so. For those that were already potentially including Kiwami or Bulletstorm, you'll be pleased to hear that they are part of the list.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

8 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

FYI

The PS Plus titles were already announced in case you missed them. So if you want to switch games around to fit some of them in, feel free to do so. For those that were already potentially including Kiwami or Bulletstorm, you'll be pleased to hear that they are part of the list.

Came in here for that. I've already played Bulletstorm, but I might want Burly Men At Sea somewhere on my list. Can I decide tomorrow?