Playstation Plus for November 2018

Ghost

10 hours ago, Kassandra said:

What @Super-Fly Spider-Guy said about complimentary - no, it's not the same as free, it's to make a package deal more appealing. I wouldn't use the cookie analogy either since hotels don't advertise with it, but rather, "free" parking with a hotel. It makes the package more appealing, but the costs for the hotel of having a parking lot are definitely kept in mind when calculating the price of your room.

My main point: I am actually someone who pays for PS+ just for the monthly games. I don't do multiplayer, I've only once made use of my cloud saves (when selling a PS4 to be able to buy a PS4 Pro), and the extra discounts are a nice addition, but not the main appeal for me.

Yay English! Complimentary ("I") and complementary ("E") aren't the same word. Complimentary DOES mean free, but @Super-Fly Spider-Guy wrote complementary, which means what he indicated.

Depending on your viewpoint, PS+ games are either complimentary, or complementary, or both. :awesome:

And no, I'm not wading into that age-old argument, I'm just being a grammar jerk.

As for the games, I'm glad about Bulletstorm and Yakuza Kiwami. I think I have the PS3 version of Bulletstorm through a $1 sale or something, but I never played it. I'm playing Yakuza 0 now and I own Yakuza Kiwami physical, but now I can trade that in for a paltry $5! Yay!

I also might check out the 2 PS4/Vita games but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yay English! Complimentary ("I") and complementary ("E") aren't the same word. Complimentary DOES mean free, but @Super-Fly Spider-Guy wrote complementary, which means what he indicated.

Depending on your viewpoint, PS+ games are either complimentary, or complementary, or both. :awesome:

And no, I'm not wading into that age-old argument, I'm just being a grammar jerk.

Well, at least you made fun of a non-native English speaker mistyping by one letter, so you can feel pretty happy about yourself. ?

20 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

As for the games, I'm glad about Bulletstorm and Yakuza Kiwami. I think I have the PS3 version of Bulletstorm through a $1 sale or something, but I never played it. I'm playing Yakuza 0 now and I own Yakuza Kiwami physical, but now I can trade that in for a paltry $5! Yay!

Guess you cab throw that PS3 Bulletstorm version out together with Yakuza Kiwami.

If you're hesitant about Burly Men At Sea, @xFalionx and I will be playing it during the KYC event this month, so we'll be sharing our opinions there.

7 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

Well, at least you made fun of a non-native English speaker mistyping by one letter, so you can feel pretty happy about yourself. 1f611.png

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean-spirited. You actually weren't the first person to make the mistake here. Also, I thought the "yay English" was obvious in that I was making fun of the English language for having two words that are only different by one letter, and are pronounced the same. Heck, for the most part, people who learn English as a second language understand the grammar and rules better than we Americans do. To be honest, I doubt I would have noticed or commented on the mistake, if @Super-Fly Spider-Guy hadn't typed up his original word and its definition a few posts back.

This is why it never pays to be an asshole about grammar. I'll go stand in the virtual corner and wear a virtual dunce cap now.

2 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Also, I thought the "yay English" was obvious in that I was making fun of the English language for having two words that are only different by one letter, and are pronounced the same.

... And I thought my use of an emoticon made it clear I was talking in jest, too :)

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Heck, for the most part, people who learn English as a second language understand the grammar and rules better than we Americans do.

True, but don't forget the power of quick phone typing. Though usually I keep it to obvious mistakes, like firdt instead of first. Back here with complementary, I must've misspelled somewhere and taken a suggested alternative that wasn't exactly what I was trying to type.

26 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

Guess you cab throw that PS3 Bulletstorm version out together with Yakuza Kiwami.

I should have specified that my Bulletstorm copy is digital, so I can only pretend I don't own it. I can't even throw it away! And hey, $5 is $5. I'll take what I can get on that Yakuza trade. If I could trade in PS3 Bulletstorm, I'd probably get $0.50, or be told Gamestop won't accept it. I actually encountered that with Assassin's Creed 3. I ended up with a second copy of the PS3 disc (when I got a used PS3 as a second console) and Gamestop had so many copies that I had to just keep it.

26 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

If you're hesitant about Burly Men At Sea, @xFalionx and I will be playing it during the KYC event this month, so we'll be sharing our opinions there.

Cool. Maybe you can tag me when you share your final review. Not to sound like an entitled jerk, but I don't participate anymore and those threads get pretty long (not as crazy as the Switch thread though!). It's hard to wade through randomly.

6 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

... And I thought my use of an emoticon made it clear I was talking in jest, too :)

Ha! I'm too old to understand more than about 5 emoticons (yay old-school people not calling them "emojis"). Now I need to start a petition for people to stop calling them emojis...

6 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

True, but don't forget the power of quick phone typing. Though usually I keep it to obvious mistakes, like firdt instead of first. Back here with complementary, I must've misspelled somewhere and taken a suggested alternative that wasn't exactly what I was trying to type.

Yeah... you should try using Swype-style typing, if you haven't. My brain tells me it's faster than normal typing, but my mistakes seem to disagree. Somehow, when I chat with my friend who I talk 50% gaming, 10% music, 30% movies/TV/sci-fi, and 10% other... half the time I swipe "game" and it becomes "hathe". Is that even a word? It frequently selects words that I barely or never use, instead of the ones I use all the time (like "game").

Personally, I blame the current half-assed implementations of the original (now defunct) Swype technology. I probably just need to give up on it but I'm stubborn.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I actually didn't know that- my brain automatically read complimentary. I don't think I ever recognized complementary being used this way.  

10 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm very aware of the two different meanings, but you trying to raise awareness does not help my argument, grr.

relevant-simpsons_response.jpeg

On 11/1/2018 at 3:08 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Would you have access to them if you didn't give Sony money? No? Not free. Simple, dude.

So succinct! I'm going to have to quote this when the PS+ = free argument comes up again...1000 times more. ?

13 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I actually didn't know that- my brain automatically read complimentary. I don't think I ever recognized complementary being used this way.  

It's delightful. In math, the complement of a set comes up all the time. And yet, so many students write "compliment of a set". 

"Hello, set! You're looking very nice today!"

On 10/31/2018 at 6:45 PM, IntroPhenom said:

I was just looking at the list.  There is a 0.07% completion percentage at the moment, so someone must have it.  The link you provided does still say no one has, but then lists one achiever.  Weird.

Its a cheater

No interest in the two main PS4 offerings, and I just bought Burly Men last month. For those on the fence, it is a fun, though brief little venture. Doesn't require any skill and it's good as a reprieve from any hardcore AAA action you've been playing your way through in recent months.

Just a little sad that I could've saved $12 by waiting a few weeks. This happens to me all the time!

• Like 1

I find it interesting to see that people say they’ll only download or add 1 or 2 games out of the ps plus offerings when it costs nothing extra to add it into your library. I add everything just in case I have a desire to play it at some point in the future.  Tastes in games do change so always worth adding to library 

4 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

I find it interesting to see that people say they’ll only download or add 1 or 2 games out of the ps plus offerings when it costs nothing extra to add it into your library. I add everything just in case I have a desire to play it at some point in the future.  Tastes in games do change so always worth adding to library 

Part of it might be a holdover from the days when you couldn't remove things from your library. Mine got really cluttered back in the day, and adding more stuff that I likely wouldn't play didn't seem all that great. 

Nowadays, that's not the problem it was, but old habits die hard.

I just went to grab the games and noticed that there's an extra game. Not sure if someone pointed it out but there's an extra not announced game (Flynn and Freckless https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7350-flynn-and-freckles). Or maybe this is yet again one of those Portugal + Spain only bonus games that we have been getting from the Indie developers from around here..