How many televisions do you have in your home?

Dreakon13

Poll Question  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How many televisions do you have in your home?

• 5 or more

• 10 months later...

Just a single one in the living room, and we intend to keep it this way as long as we can. No TV in the kids bedrooms (they’re 8 and 11) nor in ours, we find it the best way to mitigate screen time and make sure we secure moments together. 

5 hours ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

8 Tvs and 3 monitors...

Wow! Do you hold a TV store? 🙂

1 hour ago, shadaik said:

In this century? 0.

Errr - how do you play then? Or you didn’t include computer screens?

Edited by Neef-GT5

Being a single guy, my whole living room is basically my gaming area. I have a 65" there and my daughter has a 55" in her bedroom for when she stays with me every other week. 

We have 3, one in the Lounge [ which is upstairs because its an upside down house ], one in my bedroom and one in the Study downstairs which is small one.  The biggest is the one in the Lounge and have had it for a few years now.  Mine is either a 52" or 55"  and its a Samsung.

6 hours ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Wow! Do you hold a TV store? 🙂

haha, no....but I should probably toss out some of the older ones. Actually theres 3 more in the garage thats not used from relatives who upgrade Tvs. If you count those...theres technically 11 Tvs in this house 🤣

• Haha 1

The internet - and PSNP in particular - has been just dying waiting for an update on MY SPECIFIC TELEVISION SITUATION. Best to give them what they want, so here we go.

3 total televisions, two of which are used for gaming. There's a small TV in the kitchen with a streaming stick used for background entertainment while food is being prepared, but that's about it.

The main TV is in the family room and has the PS5, the PS3, and a Switch dock hooked up. This is obviously the main gaming room, primarily for me but also for my son who plays many a game as well. Other family members will join in from time to time.

Then there's a TV in the basement. This TV has the PS4, another Switch dock (great to have if the family room TV is already in use and you prefer using a television to handheld mode), the Wii, and the N64 (yes!) hooked up to it. The Wii and N64 rarely get used, but it's a slightly older TV with many more connection options available, so I leave those systems connected with the perhaps delusional belief that one day I'll actually play the backlog games from those systems.

Moving the PS4 to the basement made the most sense since the PS5 is backwards compatible, and also allows my son and I play some co-op PS4 games - lots of bonding time spent playing Risk of Rain 2, Riders Republic, and Steep together. This arrangement is also great for self-boosting many games with online components. Need to earn "Who You Gonna Call?" from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel? Just set up three AFK players in the basement and complete the missions yourself in the family room!

• Like 1

im really big on old tvs because i dont like how these new tvs run on apps.

in my garage i have a old tube tv with a vcr/dvd combo its prob 19inch

in my kitchen above my fridge i have a 32inch older tv with  vcr/dvd combo

in my living room i have a 4k 80 inch, next to it i have a 50 inch plasma. this is for dual gaming or watching movies while playing or just having my security cameras on.

guest bedroom i have a similar 50 inch plasma

upstairs bathroom above my tub i have a cheap 32 inch roku tv on the wall

main bedroom i have a old school 3d tv, 50 inch, this is by far my favorite tv it reads my usb drives fast, the menu is fast with no lag and the picture for  being 1080 looks often better then even 4k
right next to that tv i have another cheap 32 inch roku tv hanging on the wall for my security cameras

and then i have a extra 19 inch tube tv in the garage just sitting out there not being used.

i really like to grab up any tv i find thats free or around 20 bucks. i dunno why. prob because growing up with a small tiny tv in the 80s really sucked. heres the kicker, the 4k tv which is the biggest that ive only had for 3 years blew out a few months ago and i had to find 3 old guys at a repair shop who we retired to fix the bulbs  in it. all my other tvs have been going over 10 years strong with no issues except the 3d tv the cap on the board popped because samsung decided it was a good idea to save 50 cents for cheap ones instead of buying good ones which lead to tons of faulty tvs