VR Games With No Trophies?

DrakeHellsing

Just curious, are there some of the VR games there that don't have trophies? I have a feeling that a small handful of them don't and are just things that show off stuff in VR, like that Justice League thing.  But thing is, I've no clue which ones don't actually have trophies and if there's a list out there that lists which ones don't have trophies at all.

2 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Just curious, are there some of the VR games there that don't have trophies? I have a feeling that a small handful of them don't and are just things that show off stuff in VR, like that Justice League thing.  But thing is, I've no clue which ones don't actually have trophies and if there's a list out there that lists which ones don't have trophies at all.

I mean there's the Spider-Man Homecoming VR Experience. 

• Like 1

There are a few VR games with no trophy support. Crow: The Legend and LEGENDS OF CATALONIA: The Land of Barcelona are examples. 

I'm not sure about Syren and Titanic VR. A streamer said they earned trophies from Titanic VR but I'm not willing to spend 20 bucks to check it.

Syren is the same way and someone said they got an error after earning trophies or something. 

As for Starbear: Taxi, the devs said something is wrong with the trophies. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 2:09 AM, DrakeHellsing said:

I could, problem is, I don't know all these games off by heart.  The web store isn't the greatest with the VR games (doesn't list a few of them, while the PSN store does).

I'm not sure I understand what your motivation is here... Are you actively looking for VR "experiences" without trophies, would like to avoid them, or are curious of the trophy/no trophy ratio?

I can think of a few:

Manifest 99 is an "interactive experience" that is definitely worth a try. They could easily have added trophies, too, since it's got some puzzle-like elements.

Invasion!, Allumette and Crow: the Legend are VR short films where trophies wouldn't make sense.

Fate/Grand Order and Cyber Danganronpa are short "VR experiences" which don't warrant trophies on their own but could have as DLC...

2 minutes ago, visighost said:

I'm not sure I understand what your motivation is here... Are you actively looking for VR "experiences" without trophies, would like to avoid them, or are curious of the trophy/no trophy ratio?

It was more so out of curiosity, I suppose the whole trophy/no trophy ratio more.  But also a bit to do with on avoiding them if they don't seem all that interesting.  Like some might interest me like that Titanic VR one, but as @Leo_the_Lion25 mentioned, it sounds like it could have trophies (but not uploaded to servers yet), but even without them, that one still seems interesting.

Then there are some which I don't think I would care for like that music video one whatever it was called (it's some music artist, that DJ fella maybe), or some of those illusion ones, or sports ones which seem like they might fall under the App part or something.

But in general, yeah, was just curious on which ones don't actually have trophies in the end.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, lynn231 said:

Because like the majority of everyone on all trophy sites, just play games for trophies. Most games only ever sell because they have trophies...

Playing games just for trophies is so dumb and saying most games sell for just trophies is so incredibly wrong. Trophy hunters are an extremely small percentage of gamers. They could stop doing trophies in games tomorrow and games are going to continue to sell just as well as they do now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Playing games just for trophies is so dumb and saying most games sell for just trophies is so incredibly wrong. Trophy hunters are an extremely small percentage of gamers. They could stop doing trophies in games tomorrow and games are going to continue to sell just as well as they do now. 

I think they're vital. I'm interested in both Apollo 11 and Titanic but with it having no trophies, I won't buy it until it is heavily discounted.

It follows the same reasoning as to why I still play my Vita daily but haven't picked up my Switch in over a year. I have a limited amount of gaming time a day and I feel like that time is somewhat wasted on the Switch. If it had an achievement system I know I would be a lot more invested in it.

I enjoy the trophy metagame. It isnt the reason I buy games but it is an important part of it. Arguing against that position on a trophy site is odd to say the least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I think they're vital. I'm interested in both Apollo 11 and Titanic but with it having no trophies, I won't buy it until it is heavily discounted.

It follows the same reasoning as to why I still play my Vita daily but haven't picked up my Switch in over a year. I have a limited amount of gaming time a day and I feel like that time is somewhat wasted on the Switch. If it had an achievement system I know I would be a lot more invested in it.

I enjoy the trophy metagame. It isnt the reason I buy games but it is an important part of it. Arguing against that position on a trophy site is odd to say the least.

Not arguing against trophies. I love them as well but to say that they matter in the big picture makes no sense. I was only pointing out that him saying games only sell because of trophies is a idiotic thing to say. Games wouldn’t be effected sales wise in any major way if trophies disappeared tomorrow.

Edited by rolltideroll157

• 2 months later...
On 9/2/2019 at 1:35 PM, lynn231 said:

Because like the majority of everyone on all trophy sites, just play games for trophies. Most games only ever sell because they have trophies...

If you bought a PlayStation VR I would think you would want to play some VR games and apps lol. Titanic in VR sounds awesome.

I understand people playing to earn trophies or achievements but you can also enjoy games that don't. 

I have a Switch and they don't have achievements or trophies. And Me and my Friends love Switch.

Edited by SuzyRed
spelling

On 9/3/2019 at 8:48 AM, rolltideroll157 said:

Not arguing against trophies. I love them as well but to say that they matter in the big picture makes no sense. I was only pointing out that him saying games only sell because of trophies is a idiotic thing to say. Games wouldn’t be effected sales wise in any major way if trophies disappeared tomorrow.

Well, I don't think people play the Ratalaika Games for the amazing story.

Edited by SecondGenesis
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Well, I don't think people play the Ratalaika Games from the amazing story.

Yeah but only a few thousand of people buy those piece of shit games. I was talking about actually good games that millions of people buy regardless of trophies. Trophies is not the reason good quality games sell like the guy above claims.

Just now, rolltideroll157 said:

Yeah but only a few thousand of people buy those piece of shit games. I was talking about actually good games that millions of people buy regardless of trophies. Trophies is not the reason good quality games sell like the guy above claims.

Fair enough mate. I used to base my purchases on trophies, but I haven't done that for years now, as I was missing out on too many good games.

• 7 months later...