How many hidden trophies do you have? w or w/o reasons

Ekir

I have 5 hidden trophies from Kingdom Hearts PS3, they were my very first trophies on my account. They were out of order because my old PS3 died and I never synced the trophies on the old PS3. I got a new one and continued playing with my old save on it, which means these 5 trophies were against the rules on this site, so I hid them. I kinda redeemed those trophies though, I got the platinum in Kingdom Hearts on PS4 instead! ?

Other than that I don't intend to hide anything, don't see a reason for that. I like to see my gaming journey. Doesn't matter if the trophies are unobtainable like Darksiders 2 PS3 or the OG Fall Guys. There are also games I will never complete, like Bound by Flame and Rayman Legends, simply because I don't like those games. But it's nice to look back once in a while and see what has changed over the years! ?

On 09/01/2019 at 6:43 PM, Ekir said:

So you're ashamed of that Barbie and Her Sisters Puppy Rescue       trophy that makes you ? and you have decided to ... hide it!! under the psn's rug. But, oh, alas, sites like this tell others about your very dark secret with that blue square with a 'H' in it...

This made me laugh hahaha I think I may have it hidden on my account but I have 9 trophies hidden from when I let my kids use my PS Now along with a few other games like how to train a dragon. The hidden trophies don't bother me and I see no reason showing games I've not played. I like to think of my account as my journey and the games I've played and shed tears, blood and sweat through 

• Like 4

18. I remember at least one was from some shitty F2P game on PS3. It was like a gladiator game ir something idk, I hated it but they tossed a trophy quickly at you. 

some are from Burnout Paradise. When the PSN outage happened I got it via the free month of PS+ on my EU account just to try, I knew I’d never bother to import the EU copy to continue so hid it. don’t remember how many I got there.

I think there are a few others of games I just hated and didn’t want to see/keep playing, if it wouldn’t mess up my milestones I’d hide the delisted game… Once Upon Light? Or something like that on mobile so too lazy to check. I got one trophy, was going to buy and continue (played it on PS Now initially) but the game is delisted everywhere even Steam. Just sucks when my goal is to increase completion and I can’t get some games. But delisting has always sucked. 

7 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

This made me laugh hahaha I think I may have it hidden on my account but I have 9 trophies hidden from when I let my kids use my PS Now along with a few other games like how to train a dragon. The hidden trophies don't bother me and I see no reason showing games I've not played. I like to think of my account as my journey and the games I've played and shed tears, blood and sweat through 

That’s the same for me, although I think I might unhide the Lego games at some point and play them. The power rangers game my nephew got 1 trophy in however… I would have gone for it if it didn’t look so impossible

Hiding all the games that I've earned just a handful (often even just 1) of trophies because either I played couch co-op with friends (early PS3 days games like Mortal Kombat, Tekken, etc.), I disliked / don't have time for and will never revisit them, or started stacks that I then continued on another platform when upgrading (PS3 > PS4, PS4 > PS5).

Sitting now at 291 hidden trophies, which is quite a lot. I will work towards lowering that one day, but it doesn't bother me that much to bring it back to zero. I would rather have hidden trophies than clog my profile with a bunch of 1-5% games that I will never return to again. I did try unhiding them once and there were about 10 trophies that were still hidden even if all my games had the show trophies option turned on, so it is what it is.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have hidden 321 trophies (15 platinum trophies), they are all shovelware, reason I hid them is because they are shovelware, that's all. They are all 100% completed and showing them increases my competition % and platinum count to 98, but I bought them accidentally as I did not know what shovelware even was, I saw Japanese trophy hunters on twitter and my psn friends getting these (13 jumping food games, 2 of the quiz UK games), so I thought I'd give them a go. Turns out they were rubbish, so although I completed them as they took only a minute each to do, I don't like the way they look, especially among all my JRPGs so I hid them. The only time I would unhide them is if I reach 200 platium trophies in proper games, so that that would wash out these 15 shovelware games. At my current platinum number they are just too noticeable on my list, and being busy with my doctor job I probably won't reach 200 plats from just normal games in my lifetime anyway. 

I only found out about shovelware recently from a reddit post about leaderboards, otherwise I never knew the concept for all these years, and had to google what that word even meant. Turns out they are a cash grab that I unknowingly fell for, and can't delete them 

I don't care about 100% account or whatever, as that's never going to happen with the crappy PS3 games on my list that I will never play but are not hidden as I don't mind showing those. Hiding the shovelware decreases my completion % and plat number anyway, I'm just ocd about having a nice anime/JRPG looking profile as that is what I mostly play, and jumping tofu and jumping sushi, although a Japanese foods, do not belong there. 

I also do not care what others think of my account and people who think hiding trophies is wrong or only cheaters hide games need to get a life, those types of people are just ignorant and judgemental. If they care so much about what others do with their accounts, they have issues as it is not their business. If you want to hide whatever games you don't like, then that's fine. People can do what they want, hide or show whatever you want. 

Edited by Lava_Yuki
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Too much... More than 1000 ? 

I used to play some "games" like My Name is Mayo, I decided to hide them because I don't like it and I prefer my account like this, without these games. I lost some platinums but I don't care.

I also hide games that I try but didn't like and don't want to play more... and some PS3 games before I go to trophy hunting.

But I don't want a 100% profile, games that I like but will never platinum (like DQ Heroes 2) needs to be on my profile cause I used to like them when I played them. ^^

I prefer my profile like this. I just want it to represent my taste and my gaming experience.

None.

I have lots of reasons to do it - games with unobtainable trophies, one game a friend played in my account, 1% games that I started and dropped soon after, with no real interest to go back to... yet - and looking at them is a little bothersome, but in the end, my profile shows what I played* and how far I got.

But that's just me personally, I'm not against anyone hiding their games.

*except that one game my friend started in my account lol