How many hidden trophies do you have? w or w/o reasons

Ekir

Even though I do have a few games with glitched trophies that i'll never be able to fully complete, thus giving me a reason to hide those games if I truly wanted a 100% profile, I've opted not to hide them as I like them being displayed as part of my trophy hunting journey. They may be curses, but they still offer good stories to tell. :)

• Like 1

2 trophies hidden.   I know what game it is, but it must be hidden on vita or bugged, because its not hidden on my console.  I m holding off playing the game so i don t end up with 80 hidden trophies.  Tbh it doesnt bother me enough to purchase another vita to find out. 

Update.. Managed to unhide the 2 trophies.  Had to uncheck on PS3 as well even though it was a ps4 game.  

Edited by maisie666

I don’t bother hiding trophies; most of the games that aren’t complete serve as reminders of things I need to go back and finish, and the ones that I can’t finish, I just accept. I still earned whatever I earned. I also don’t tend to stress my overall completion percentage (though I’d like it to be higher, and I regularly go back and pick at things in the back of the line to nudge it up a little higher), and am more than willing to just throw a game in. If it sucks, it sucks. If it has glitched or unobtainable trophies, so be it. My list will never be 100% - too many delisted DLCs I don’t own, server shutdowns or just inability to access the games - and to start purging things in pursuit of a goal that would ultimately be a lie seems pointless to me. I’d rather have my 81% in Metal Tales (just as an example) that shows I did everything I could in the game, than pretend it doesn’t exist so I can ooh and ahh over a number that is only the result of statistics manipulation.

• Like 2

I just don't see the point of hiding trophies. They should be a part of your history. If you left a game years ago with only a couple trophies it could mean you hated the game, or you lost your copy of the game. To ignore your history, even if it's something as trivial and unimportant as gaming history, isn't really a good hting.

• Like 1

Apparently I have over 600 trophies hidden. I hide trophies for games I tried but didn't like and don't intend to return to just to get more trophies. I just don't care for a bunch of 1-10% games cluttering my list, and I don't care about leaderboards or showing my profile off to internet strangers.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/18/2022 at 10:15 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I just don't see the point of hiding trophies. They should be a part of your history. If you left a game years ago with only a couple trophies it could mean you hated the game, or you lost your copy of the game. To ignore your history, even if it's something as trivial and unimportant as gaming history, isn't really a good hting.

@AJ_RadioI see what you're saying, but I don't really see hiding trophies as an attempt to mask history. I actually like browsing through my PSN app or ps4 list to see the full list of stuff I ever played.

I see my profile on PSNP as a filtered version of my list where I can filter out the games in which I can't complete the Platinum/100% challenge due to factors outside of my control (server shutdowns, delisted games, glitches etc). I like the idea that I can complete everything on my PSNP profile eventually, in due time. And I don't like the idea of a challenge that can never be completed.

That's also what I like about this site, you have a lot of options to personalize your trophy collection journey :)

Complete transparency, I didn’t even realise that it was possible to hide trophies, I’ve just read through a couple of posts in this thread to get some context.
It’s probably not something I’d consider doing to be honest, none of the reasons that anyone else has mentioned would apply to me.
It’s pretty easy to do your research before you buy a game thanks to the internet, it would be incredibly unlikely for me to start playing a game and then realise I don’t like it 

I used to hide the games that I didn't have 100% on. But then I noticed that psnprofiles adjusts the ranks depending on what's hidden. Basically if it's hidden you didn't earn it. Now I don't care. I have some trash games on my account but hey.. I played the games, might as well get the credit for them. 

On 10/1/2021 at 11:19 PM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

None. Honestly I think it looks worse to hide trophies than to just have the unfinished/undesirable games on your account

true 

whenever I see that blue H badge I automatically think they had to hide cheated games to get back on the leaderboards

I have zero hidden trophies.

Some easy platinum games trophies got out of order when syncing my profile using the "Vita e-mail" method (switching accounts in Vita to play games in different regions).

I could have hidden them when that happened, but I dont care about the leaderboards. I prefer to maintain my milestones intact.

Zero hidden trophies, having hidden trophies looks like your trying to hide something fishy I don't even add friends requests if they don't show there trophies. but that's just my opinion. However I have deleted games on my trophy list that have been on 0% because I didn't like them and I deleted them before a trophy unlocked. But I'm sure most trophy hunters do the same?

54. I sometimes help out a friend who is practically blind with difficult sections in a few games and sometimes a few easy plats too if for one reason or another they are easy for me but not for them. This lead to me accidentally starting a Stroke the Animal game on my own account because I have a turbo controller and they don't and that series is just something that I don't want to be associated with so I hid it. I also had a couple of older games I had done the same thing in that I hid as well at that point. My hidden trophies are: a Chickens on the Road plat, one trophy in Gravity Duck and half of the trophies in Stroke the Hamster (could be another animal).

I have a couple of Rata plats and I have no shame in that because I actually wanted to play them myself but my hidden trophies are games that ended up on my account by accident. 

I might actually play Gravity Duck for myself one day and unhide it. It's not awful.

Edited by iriihutoR84

On 19.8.2022 at 1:44 PM, darkrequiem7 said:

and I don't care about leaderboards or showing my profile off to internet strangers.

They said, while displaying their trophy card in their signature...

I don't see the point of hiding trophies, especially not the ones that do it to keep 100%. You are hiding the games, not deleting them. If an account has the H, it is not an 100% account.

Edited by Woopa777