Why Respawn?

Sinthoras_96

On 2019-02-04 at 4:50 PM, Sinthoras_96 said:

Glad to hear that Im not the only one who feels like this. I actually highly doubt, that any true Titanfall fan will enjoy this game. It clearly aims at the Battle Royal fans in general. What a shame

Im pretty sure that the Respawn guys were highly involved in the decision to create this game. Aquirement by EA doesnt mean you become their slaves. 

Also: Even IF they were forced to develop a BR Titanfall game instead of a proper sequel, I highly doubt that EA told them HOW to develop it. The creative decision to NOT include the unique Titanfall movement is 100% in Respawns responsibility.

Geez complain about something else, this is one of the most competently put together BR’s to date. Theirs issues, but most are those that require feedback and aren’t game breaking bugs or incomplete game but rather balancing changes. If you don’t like t move on, they were acquired by EA & therefore they don’t have the choice of what kind of game they’re gonna make. They could’ve improved the movement mechanics but the didn’t, maybe that’ll change. The games been out for a day.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 1:42 AM, JD-D2 said:

Am I the only one that still just has no desire to play any battle royale game ever? This looks good for what it is, but the core of every BG game still seems so boring to me. 

I was exactly the same, had never touched one or had any interest in doing so, but I decided to try this one solely on how much I loved titanfall 2. And yeah I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, granted I play with my friends only so it's better than with randoms. I'm still a bit iffy with the game mechanics of a battle royale not my favourite stuff ever, but this game is 100% worth your time if you enjoy first person shooters and teamplay.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Poindexter2291 said:

All these people complaining about a free game that is actually really good. Oh what a world we live in...

Well it was the opportunity cost more than anything. 

Yeah I'm not quite sure why people loved TF2 so much with many saying the campaign is amazing/masterpiece, I wouldn't go that far. I mean I had a pretty good time with it, like a low 8/10 for me on a good day but there are much more compelling experiences. I think my main problem was the weak progression system, options and depth beyond the very polished interface. Yeah would've preffered TF3 but due to the huge success of apex there's a lot less incentive to make that kind of traditional shooter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 1:03 PM, Sicho said:

imagine a Dark Souls Battle Royale... 100 players hacking on each other on a Blighttown map 1f602.png

They might just do it.. and if they do, it will be the only battle Royale game that I ever touch again.. seriously.. can you imagine? Firebombs would be so over-used.. dung pies for the memes.. and let’s not forget sorcery spells being spammed at all the warrior classes trying to get inside.. lol

i like what Respawn did here, I really do.. it’s a lot like R6 siege, operators vs legends.. if FromSoftware does a BR I hope they do one in the same model.. patches can be a playable character!!

https://www.pcgamesn.com/fromsoftware-battle-royale

On 2/5/2019 at 10:49 AM, TheYuriG said:

Respawn is no longer an independent company, they follow orders and this is what they have been told to do. Blame EA for this, not Respawn.

This is what Respawn wanted to do. EA thought this game would fail. So no, don't blame EA for this awesome game

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 7:02 AM, Nitro said:

This is what Respawn wanted to do. EA thought this game would fail. So no, don't blame EA for this awesome game

Because spending months at work on EA's computers making a non-approved project, running the game on EA's servers, and using EA legal for the eula/tos is something that actually happens without EA greenlighting it. 

• 2 months later...