Rest in Peace PS Vita

DEI2EK

2 minutes ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

Never owned a VITA.

Would of been nice, oh well.

You should still get it. You can get it cheap. Lots of brilliant games to play. Going to purchase Salt & Santuary when it goes on sale. Seen that you've platted some FROM SOFTWARE games, Salt & Santuary is similar and perfect for the vita. Never too late

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

You should still get it. You can get it cheap. Lots of brilliant games to play. Going to purchase Salt & Santuary when it goes on sale. Seen that you've platted some FROM SOFTWARE games, Salt & Santuary is similar and perfect for the vita. Never too late

Ok I will buy a VITA.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

Ok I will buy a VITA.

Just go have a look on some let's plays on youtube on certain games before you buy. I also enjoyed Severed and you'll love replaying God Of War again on the Vita. Also Uncharted Golden Abyss is amazing. Look at it this way "It's trophies on the go" 

10 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Severed was an extremely pleasant surprise and a very stress free platinum. Absolutely love my vita for on the go gaming

Tell that to my index finger after all the swiping on the game but it was all worth it?

On 2/19/2019 at 10:30 AM, AlchemistWer said:

Well Sony, now you only have 1 plataform (PS4), are you think about in a new vita maybe? I hope so, because I really want see another playstation handhled console.

I hope they do eventually. But include the L2/R2 bumpers, instead of rear touchpad, also multi-users. One thing I like about my Switch is that multiple people can play games, not just one account. Switch proves there's a market for handhelds, but Sony gave up before it could prosper. I don't play much mobile games besides Bejeweled, but playing on a Vita/Switch is nice. The memory cards were also really shitty of Sony to do. Gotta say, i do wish the Naruto games were on Vita, because I loved playing them on PSP. :/ 

1 hour ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

Never owned a VITA.

Would of been nice, oh well.

You could always get a PSTV. It's cheaper. 

1 hour ago, DF007gamer said:

Salt and Sanctuary plays perfectly on the Vita, it's such a great game!

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 4:02 AM, GOZ_35 said:

When will they stop the releasing new games ? Still releasing for Vita.

Considering there's no handheld to replace it, and developers like Ratalaika and POWGI exist, they'll keep making vita games. If a successor came out, Sony would drop Vita quick. Look how they treated PS3. The last games for PS3 were Rainbow Skies and FIFA 19. The last DLC was for Minecraft, with Shovel Knight to be the final game to have one (if it stops being delayed). I get there's not much reason to develop for PS3 now, but with all these cheap-ass games, you'd think some devs would port them to PS3 for a quick buck. Like why wasn't My Name is Mayo not on PS3? Oddly enough, Stardew Valley has a PS3 tag meaning it might've been meant for the system at one point, though it's not the first time a dev's screwed up console tags (Shakedown Hawaii for instance, or when Destiny had a Vita tag). 

11 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

I hope they do eventually. But include the L2/R2 bumpers, instead of rear touchpad, also multi-users. One thing I like about my Switch is that multiple people can play games, not just one account. Switch proves there's a market for handhelds, but Sony gave up before it could prosper. I don't play much mobile games besides Bejeweled, but playing on a Vita/Switch is nice. The memory cards were also really shitty of Sony to do. Gotta say, i do wish the Naruto games were on Vita, because I loved playing them on PSP. :/ 

Indeed, but Sony always lose the battle vs Nintendo if we talk about handhled consoles (still nowaday the 3ds do very well) but after switch, I think Sony should considere the possibility of a new console like Switch but with the Sony logotype. Just think about the possibility of have games like Persona 5 in a handled console is simply amazing, I would love see soon something like that. I still have my PSP as well, I just played with it couple of week ago when finish trails in the sky 2.

While I'm sad the PS Vita is dead, let's be honest here: The PS Vita was a colossal failure. Not trying to troll or anything, but the Vita has a lot of issues when it first released. First off, the rear touchpad. When I played Ratchet and Clank Collection for Vita, I had so much trouble doing certain tricks during the hoverboard mini-game on Ratchet and Clank 1. Second, overprice memory cards and some of the games have GBs that go beyond the US PS Vita Memory cards. Third: Sony was always a console company, not an handheld company.

They attempt to make the Vita to be a 3DS killer, but it backfired in the end and the PS Vita despite newer versions released before its death have a lot of issues and stuff. It failed just like the Wii U.

Again, I'm sad that the PS Vita is dead and soon Vita games support will dry up, but Sony was always an console company. And Sony themselves said they have no plans to make another handheld (As far as I know). Not trying to be mean or something, but it would be best if Sony stays making consoles instead of handhelds to avoid another disaster like the Vita. Again, I'm sorry.

I’ll check back in on this thread in a couple years, when there are still Vita titles being released (albeit digital only :( ) and many of our Vitas are still working, not to mention all the Remote Play I do with it.

But you all keep on thinking any day now everyone will simultaneously stop playing our Vitas and throw them in the garbage. 

23 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Is Salt and Sanctuary a cross-buy? I want to put it in my wishlist but i can't find a vita only version

Yes it is ! And its really a great game, I’ve loved it. I got both platinum with a great pleasure, Vita and PS4 :)

• Like 1

Well, maybe Vita did not do a good performace, but the console has great title like Persona 4 golden (a game for everybody), the problem is the list of game availables on vita, vita is a great system if you like japanese game in general and visual novels, even more in Japan where you can find more great games, in other hand western videogame company want create more visual "quality" games with great FPS performace or whatever they want to do with this premise, and reach that goal in a system like vita... well I think we know the answer, in other hand if Sony create a better handhled console with the technology available nowadays the result could be very interesting.

Edited by AlchemistWer