Zanyverse

Fucking platformers

87 posts in this topic

The Stormy Ascent gold relic is pissing me off. I spent 6 hours. I can go throught the first half perfectly but those 3 platforms always get me killed. And If I do go through them, I always die at the beginning of the final part with the scientist throwing his thing in front of 3 platforms.

Edited by HiryuMK
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, HiryuMK said:

The Stormy Ascent gold relic is pissing me off. I spent 6 hours. I can go throught the first half perfectly but those 3 platforms always get me killed. And If I do go through them, I always die at the beginning of the final part with the scientist throwing his thing in front of 3 platforms.

 

I am at a point I am willing to Shareplay and pay to be done with this.

Ouch, same problem with all three? I feel you, i deleted 2 & 3 tho.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever said, or remotely tried to imply that beating Stormy Ascent's time trial (Gold) could be a better alternative for those that can't maybe complete one of the base game's time trails is the biggest fool I know. That level (Stormy Ascent) is the level that was designed in Hell by the Devil and his followers to torture people like us who like getting 100% in games. That level is the hardest by a huge margin, not even comparable to anything else in my opinion. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HiryuMK said:

The Stormy Ascent gold relic is pissing me off. I spent 6 hours. I can go throught the first half perfectly but those 3 platforms always get me killed. And If I do go through them, I always die at the beginning of the final part with the scientist throwing his thing in front of 3 platforms.

 

I am at a point I am willing to Shareplay and pay to be done with this.

 

I'll take that deal.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CristianX-97 said:

Whoever said, or remotely tried to imply that beating Stormy Ascent's time trial (Gold) could be a better alternative for those that can't maybe complete one of the base game's time trails is the biggest fool I know. That level (Stormy Ascent) is the level that was designed in Hell by the Devil and his followers to torture people like us who like getting 100% in games. That level is the hardest by a huge margin, not even comparable to anything else in my opinion. 

 

I preferred to get a gold relic in Stormy Ascent than to bother with 10 "normal" gold relics. Beating one level for gold trophy was much more rewarding than beating 26 for bronze, silver and gold. So I guess "fools" you are speaking about exist.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

 

I preferred to get a gold relic in Stormy Ascent than to bother with 10 "normal" gold relics. Beating one level for gold trophy was much more rewarding than beating 26 for bronze, silver and gold. So I guess "fools" you are speaking about exist.

If you care about 100% completion you're bound to do the level anyway, and it saves you from doing another main game's trial.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Push through, you will feel great once done and complete. You can do it! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Push through, you will feel great once done and complete. You can do it! 

I gave up like 6 months ago. (xD)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap, I'm tapping out with the all-gems trophy on Crash 1. This game has officially crossed the threshold from "fun nostalgia trip" to "this feels like a 24 year old game, because it is." I don't feel happy when I get a gem, I just feel relief that I don't have to suffer through mid-90's level design anymore. No platinum is worth playing a game to the point of non-enjoyment.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Holy crap, I'm tapping out with the all-gems trophy on Crash 1. This game has officially crossed the threshold from "fun nostalgia trip" to "this feels like a 24 year old game, because it is." I don't feel happy when I get a gem, I just feel relief that I don't have to suffer through mid-90's level design anymore. No platinum is worth playing a game to the point of non-enjoyment.

Just be happy the gem requirement was changed from the original. In the original Crash you had to break every box AND never die, even once. If you died at all, even before the first checkpoint, you literally had to exit the level and go back in. This part was changed on the 2nd and 3rd game. 

As for the time trials, I found Crash 2 to be hardest personally. For the original Crash all I can say is practice. And as for the High Road, do the rope trick. 

And Crash was the first ever PS game I ever played and I played the crap out of it back on the PS1. With that said and paying my own tribute in a way, I actually have the Platinum relic on EVERY base game level. It is tough, but doable, as even I managed to pull it off. Don't give up people. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it so hilarious that people here who never really experienced a platforming game are getting so up in arms about Crash Bandicoot because those time trials for the Gold Relics do present a challenge. The first game is definitely the hardest, the later two aren't quite as difficult.

 

I love platformers... except the really bad ones. Crash Bandicoot was tough at times but it definitely wasn't that bad. Coming from a Mario and Sonic guy who played those games to death back in the day, the Crash Bandicoot trilogy was a breath of fresh air. It's too bad the Spyro games couldn't of had a bit more challenge. Nothing crazy difficult obviously but not quite as piss easy as they are according to most people I've talked to regarding the Spyro Re-Ignited Trilogy.

 

They're worthwhile platinums to go for. The key is to practice... and watch some YouTube videos if you're struggling.

Edited by Spaz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I find it so hilarious that people here who never really experienced a platforming game are getting so up in arms about Crash Bandicoot because those time trials for the Gold Relics do present a challenge. The first game is definitely the hardest, the later two aren't quite as difficult.

 

I love platformers... except the really bad ones. Crash Bandicoot was tough at times but it definitely wasn't that bad. Coming from a Mario and Sonic guy who played those games to death back in the day, the Crash Bandicoot trilogy was a breath of fresh air. It's too bad the Spyro games couldn't of had a bit more challenge. Nothing crazy difficult obviously but not quite as piss easy as they are according to most people I've talked to regarding the Spyro Re-Ignited Trilogy.

 

They're worthwhile platinums to go for. The key is to practice... and watch some YouTube videos if you're struggling.

 

Yeah lol. They're definitely challenging, but they're always fair. Not sure why there has been so much vitriol in this thread towards the game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there's an important difference between "this game is hard because it requires precision platforming and careful timing", and "this game is hard because the physics engine no longer matches the level design". The first is challenging (the good kind of hard), the second is difficult (the bad kind of hard). These games came out in the late 90's, we've had 20 years to learn the difference.

 

It's the same analogy between a game's hardest difficulty making the AI smarter vs. giving the enemies double health. One encourages you to adapt and improve and experiment; the other just reduces the margin of error for the same things you were doing at the lower difficulty.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hands down the most cancerous game I've ever played. Just got the golden relic on Stormy Ascent and the platinum. Never touching this game again.

Won't even try the other two.

Edited by ScharkThePlayer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ScharkThePlayer said:

Hands down the most cancerous game I've ever played. Just got the golden relic on Stormy Ascent and the platinum. Never touching this game again.

Won't even try the other two.

 

Yeah, it sucks that the game is actually challenging.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Juzota said:

 

Yeah, it sucks that the game is actually challenging.

 

Yes, the game being constantly unfair, with broken physics, expecting pinpoint precision every time makes it challenging. But it's just not fun. It's bad game design.

 

I like challenging games as long as they are fair. This game is the exact opposite.

Edited by ScharkThePlayer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21.03.2020 at 8:19 PM, ScharkThePlayer said:

Hands down the most cancerous game I've ever played. Just got the golden relic on Stormy Ascent and the platinum. Never touching this game again.

Won't even try the other two.

 

And so here I am making me look like a fool by completing Crash 2.

 

I changed my mind and accepted the challenge, even if the games aren't completely fair. I just can't let go. 😁

 

I can confirm that once you beat the challenges of Stormy Ascent, you're pretty much unstoppable and the rest of the trilogy is a joke in terms of difficulty.

Edited by ScharkThePlayer
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stormy Ascent isn't even hard until you factor in the time trial. I got the gem only using a couple of lives. The hardest part about it is you have to be jumping before platforms appear because the window of timing is so small but that usually requires waiting one or two cycles which isn't easy when the player is rushing. I'd recommend watching a platinum run video on youtube and also a golden run so you can see an optimal path then where most people just prefer to wait a couple cycles to get the timing right. The gold relic is very forgiving so focus on emulating the gold relic run video mostly. Hopefully I get the platinum trophy today so I can move onto 2 :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading this thread makes me feel even prouder of having almost all the Platinum Relics :lol:

 

(The Lab and Stormy Ascent, yeah, it still hurts)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 10:19 AM, Zanyverse said:

Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with the "Buttery Bandicoot" that is Crash? I constantly find myself touching the platform, landing on it and then just sliding off. It's getting really frustrating and i already broke a keyboard while playing Peasant Knight.

Man ...just watch the first minute 

 It isn't even a Question of being skilled the first gamer is just broken on this aspect,there is one part that the fucker gliched and teleported back,i put in slow motion to see better....the way u land in a lot of parts on the first game is only a way that satan made for us to suffer i can't see any logic of letting it being so frustrating,this didn't happened on the other 2 games at least...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halfway through time relics and gems collecting I'd say platinum difficulty: unplayable. Most of the times I get screwed by the confusing perspective/camera and the crippled controls and physics that seem to tether Crash to that one slippery half pixel that lets you fall to oblivion as soon as you touch a platform. Never played this saga before, unless the other games have been definitely improved in playability, this will probably remain the only Crash on my profile.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

F**** yeeeeeaaahhh

 

 

I finally got my platinum *-*

Everbody who thinks Highroad or Road to Nowhere is hard, you are gonna like Stormy Ascent.

 

I reaaaaaalllyyy really hate this level. It is designed by the devil himself.

The first half until the rotary platforms is easy cheesy, but the second part and the espacially the ending was a nightmare for me.

 

Also some glitches in this level made it even worse!!!

 

Sometimes i got a good run and everything went perfect but then I barley missed the last ledge after the three birds.

 

This game is really testing you.

 

 

For reference, it took me about 8-9 days playing several hours a day to finish this level.

 

 

Good luck to anyone who is trying to get the platinum, don't give up, you can do it and for myself, I'm never ever going to play a crash titel!!

 

Edited by Senitschnig
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Senitschnig said:

F**** yeeeeeaaahhh

 

 

I finally got my platinum *-*

Everbody who thinks Highroad or Road to Nowhere is hard, you are gonna like Stormy Ascent.

 

I reaaaaaalllyyy really hate this level. It is designed by the devil himself.

The first half until the rotary platforms is easy cheesy, but the second part and the espacially the ending was a nightmare for me.

 

Also some glitches in this level made it even worse!!!

 

Sometimes i got a good run and everything went perfect but then I barley missed the last ledge after the three birds.

 

This game is really testing you.

 

 

For reference, it took me about 8-9 days playing several hours a day to finish this level.

 

 

Good luck to anyone who is trying to get the platinum, don't give up, you can do it and for myself, I'm never ever going to play a crash titel!!

 

Should definitely move onto Crash 2 now.

On 02/04/2021 at 7:32 PM, Brightblade76 said:

After a fun start, this plat quickly turned into what's described in this thread. The kind of experience I just want to get done with and never look back. I knew I should have stayed away from it, now I'm repeating Road to Nowhere till I'll puke, I don't even feel frustrated, I just repeat the level with an empty soul until that one lucky run will free me from this curse I've cast upon myself.

Those damn warthogs (shakes fist angrily)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.