LLegend_Fox

Fucking platformers

68 posts in this topic

The Stormy Ascent gold relic is pissing me off. I spent 6 hours. I can go throught the first half perfectly but those 3 platforms always get me killed. And If I do go through them, I always die at the beginning of the final part with the scientist throwing his thing in front of 3 platforms.

Edited by HiryuMK

39 minutes ago, HiryuMK said:

The Stormy Ascent gold relic is pissing me off. I spent 6 hours. I can go throught the first half perfectly but those 3 platforms always get me killed. And If I do go through them, I always die at the beginning of the final part with the scientist throwing his thing in front of 3 platforms.

I am at a point I am willing to Shareplay and pay to be done with this.

Ouch, same problem with all three? I feel you, i deleted 2 & 3 tho.

Whoever said, or remotely tried to imply that beating Stormy Ascent's time trial (Gold) could be a better alternative for those that can't maybe complete one of the base game's time trails is the biggest fool I know. That level (Stormy Ascent) is the level that was designed in Hell by the Devil and his followers to torture people like us who like getting 100% in games. That level is the hardest by a huge margin, not even comparable to anything else in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, HiryuMK said:

I am at a point I am willing to Shareplay and pay to be done with this.

I'll take that deal.

18 minutes ago, CristianX-97 said:

Whoever said, or remotely tried to imply that beating Stormy Ascent's time trial (Gold) could be a better alternative for those that can't maybe complete one of the base game's time trails is the biggest fool I know. That level (Stormy Ascent) is the level that was designed in Hell by the Devil and his followers to torture people like us who like getting 100% in games. That level is the hardest by a huge margin, not even comparable to anything else in my opinion. 

I preferred to get a gold relic in Stormy Ascent than to bother with 10 "normal" gold relics. Beating one level for gold trophy was much more rewarding than beating 26 for bronze, silver and gold. So I guess "fools" you are speaking about exist.

56 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

I preferred to get a gold relic in Stormy Ascent than to bother with 10 "normal" gold relics. Beating one level for gold trophy was much more rewarding than beating 26 for bronze, silver and gold. So I guess "fools" you are speaking about exist.

If you care about 100% completion you're bound to do the level anyway, and it saves you from doing another main game's trial.

Push through, you will feel great once done and complete. You can do it! 

2 hours ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Push through, you will feel great once done and complete. You can do it! 

I gave up like 6 months ago. (xD)

Holy crap, I'm tapping out with the all-gems trophy on Crash 1. This game has officially crossed the threshold from "fun nostalgia trip" to "this feels like a 24 year old game, because it is." I don't feel happy when I get a gem, I just feel relief that I don't have to suffer through mid-90's level design anymore. No platinum is worth playing a game to the point of non-enjoyment.

12 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Holy crap, I'm tapping out with the all-gems trophy on Crash 1. This game has officially crossed the threshold from "fun nostalgia trip" to "this feels like a 24 year old game, because it is." I don't feel happy when I get a gem, I just feel relief that I don't have to suffer through mid-90's level design anymore. No platinum is worth playing a game to the point of non-enjoyment.

Just be happy the gem requirement was changed from the original. In the original Crash you had to break every box AND never die, even once. If you died at all, even before the first checkpoint, you literally had to exit the level and go back in. This part was changed on the 2nd and 3rd game. 

As for the time trials, I found Crash 2 to be hardest personally. For the original Crash all I can say is practice. And as for the High Road, do the rope trick. 

And Crash was the first ever PS game I ever played and I played the crap out of it back on the PS1. With that said and paying my own tribute in a way, I actually have the Platinum relic on EVERY base game level. It is tough, but doable, as even I managed to pull it off. Don't give up people. 

Posted (edited)

I find it so hilarious that people here who never really experienced a platforming game are getting so up in arms about Crash Bandicoot because those time trials for the Gold Relics do present a challenge. The first game is definitely the hardest, the later two aren't quite as difficult.

I love platformers... except the really bad ones. Crash Bandicoot was tough at times but it definitely wasn't that bad. Coming from a Mario and Sonic guy who played those games to death back in the day, the Crash Bandicoot trilogy was a breath of fresh air. It's too bad the Spyro games couldn't of had a bit more challenge. Nothing crazy difficult obviously but not quite as piss easy as they are according to most people I've talked to regarding the Spyro Re-Ignited Trilogy.

They're worthwhile platinums to go for. The key is to practice... and watch some YouTube videos if you're struggling.

Edited by Spaz

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I find it so hilarious that people here who never really experienced a platforming game are getting so up in arms about Crash Bandicoot because those time trials for the Gold Relics do present a challenge. The first game is definitely the hardest, the later two aren't quite as difficult.

I love platformers... except the really bad ones. Crash Bandicoot was tough at times but it definitely wasn't that bad. Coming from a Mario and Sonic guy who played those games to death back in the day, the Crash Bandicoot trilogy was a breath of fresh air. It's too bad the Spyro games couldn't of had a bit more challenge. Nothing crazy difficult obviously but not quite as piss easy as they are according to most people I've talked to regarding the Spyro Re-Ignited Trilogy.

They're worthwhile platinums to go for. The key is to practice... and watch some YouTube videos if you're struggling.

Yeah lol. They're definitely challenging, but they're always fair. Not sure why there has been so much vitriol in this thread towards the game. 

I think there's an important difference between "this game is hard because it requires precision platforming and careful timing", and "this game is hard because the physics engine no longer matches the level design". The first is challenging (the good kind of hard), the second is difficult (the bad kind of hard). These games came out in the late 90's, we've had 20 years to learn the difference.

It's the same analogy between a game's hardest difficulty making the AI smarter vs. giving the enemies double health. One encourages you to adapt and improve and experiment; the other just reduces the margin of error for the same things you were doing at the lower difficulty.

Posted (edited)

Hands down the most cancerous game I've ever played. Just got the golden relic on Stormy Ascent and the platinum. Never touching this game again.

Won't even try the other two.

Edited by ScharkThePlayer

11 minutes ago, ScharkThePlayer said:

Hands down the most cancerous game I've ever played. Just got the golden relic on Stormy Ascent and the platinum. Never touching this game again.

Yeah, it sucks that the game is actually challenging.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Juzota said:

Yeah, it sucks that the game is actually challenging.

Yes, the game being constantly unfair, with broken physics, expecting pinpoint precision every time makes it challenging. But it's just not fun. It's bad game design.

I like challenging games as long as they are fair. This game is the exact opposite.

Posted (edited)

On 21.03.2020 at 8:19 PM, ScharkThePlayer said:

And so here I am making me look like a fool by completing Crash 2.

I changed my mind and accepted the challenge, even if the games aren't completely fair. I just can't let go. 😁

I can confirm that once you beat the challenges of Stormy Ascent, you're pretty much unstoppable and the rest of the trilogy is a joke in terms of difficulty.