Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

• 2 months later...

Has anyone ever been able to get in contact with @Sly Ripper about this? I don't want to be annoying but I have been using this website a lot, and it's a shame if I can't use it now because I met some undisclosed update limit. I boost with a number of people using this website, and it's inconvenient when I can't compare trophies, or if I can't see what I have earned when looking at guides. It also seems like my account isn't auto-updating anymore, which now makes the inability to manually update my profile even worse. From the posts on here, even investing in premium membership to support the website wouldn't be worth it because you are always at risk of being IP banned randomly for an indefinite amount of time.

46 minutes ago, PhazePrime said:

It also seems like my account isn't auto-updating anymore,

Your profile is on a 24 hour auto-update, with manual updates allowed every hour. This is normal for non-Premium accounts and yours looks to be functioning normally.

47 minutes ago, PhazePrime said:

investing in premium membership to support the website wouldn't be worth it because you are always at risk of being IP banned randomly for an indefinite amount of time.

Investing in Premium only allows updates every minute of their own profile and is still working. The update "ban" is generally when people are trying to update other people's profiles, which has nothing to do with a Premium Membership.

If these Premium perks aren't something that make sense, then it probably isn't worth it for you:

• More regular automatic updates
    • A golden forum name ^_^
    • Forum user title/username changes
    • Larger avatar filesizes
    • More trophies in your trophy cabinet.
    • No ads

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/3817-premium-upgrades-499year-or-1299-for-life/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PhazePrime said:

From the posts on here, even investing in premium membership to support the website wouldn't be worth it because you are always at risk of being IP banned randomly for an indefinite amount of time.

The IP blocks last only a few hours and go away automatically. No need to worry.

Edited by Horst_Nicenstein

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

"Banned" from the act of updating others profiles. Not from the site (leaderboards, forums, Discord, etc...)

I know but still, why would anyone get banned for that? I don't remember updating others was ever considered a bad thing.

1 minute ago, Ember-Man said:

I know but still, why would anyone get banned for that? I don't remember updating others was ever considered a bad thing.

Sony clamps down on too many hits to their unpublished API for trophy data so to avoid Sony banning all of PSNP from accessing that data, there are limitations on users manually updating.

Thats just one reason, could be more. 

• Like 2