Teenage Gamer May Go to Prison for 8 Years for Violent Joke on League of Legends

xVolloxx

Personally, I feel that he may have went a bit far with his comment, although it was clear that it was a joke it's a sensitive topic to many and with everything that happens these days you can never be too safe. With that being said I also feel that jail is no place for him, there are real criminals out there who are hurting and harming people, these are the people who belong in jail, not a kid who make a dumb comment on the internet, and lets be honest, we have all said things online that are pretty dumb but it's no reason to lose 8 years of your life over.

Wonder how long I would get if they seen the shit I write.

Oh I would say you should get at least 18 months. There was no question mark at the end of what was supposed to be a question.

I would think they could knock a couple of months off for not trying to rhyme "write" with "shite" however.

Both parties are at fault in this case.

The Teen should have known better than to say that (even if was meant as a sarcastic joke)

Yeah,he has freedom of Speech,but he's has to deal with the consequences of saying them.

The Feds have searched the teen's place before arresting him.

They should be more concerned with bigger stuff like drug cartels (a big problem south of the Texas boarder)

Edited by wolverinefangirl
  • Like 2

It was a good time to tell this joke

If I remember correctly, a few months ago, what did we saw?

Oh I remember we saw this!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2248651/Connecticut-school-shooting-Pictures-children-killed-rampage-revealed.html

And now if anyone makes a joke about this, they think nothing is gonna happen. Well, you got a example of what could happen.

And now it's time to think: "Respect the rules, don't broke it."

I can assure that game (LOL) has a policy of telling to not make kinds of that jokes. But people just pass it and think that it's funny,

Well maybe this is funny. A person playing a game just to make a "ununfensive" joke (I don't know how to write ununfensive in english, I'm portuguese) goes to prison. Next time it could be you. Or me. It could be anyone.

I don't feel sorry for that jerk. Think before you write. (Speak we speak now and writing it takes time to write and we can think if we can write that, and by the way, no you can't).

But 8 years even is very much and there is people that murderes people and got less than 8 years. For God's sake, they even can pass the sentence time at home!

This kid should got at least, 6 to 12 months, and the account of that game it should be banned for making sure he doedn't this "joke".

Edited by BrunoBomb

Oh I would say you should get at least 18 months. There was no question mark at the end of what was supposed to be a question.

I would think they could knock a couple of months off for not trying to rhyme "write" with "shite" however.

Taxidermy-stuffed-Polar-Bear.jpg

????????? There, now you have question marks..

• Like 2

Both parties are at fault in this case.

The Teen should have known better than to say that (even if was meant as a sarcastic joke)

Yeah,he has freedom of Speech,but he's has to deal with the consequences of saying them.

The Feds have searched the teen's place before arresting him.

They should be more concerned with bigger stuff like drug cartels (a big problem south of the Texas boarder)

Yep very true. 

It was a joke admittedly a very dumb joke but still.  Whatever happened to that whole freedom of speech thing we americans love so much.  It would be one thing if they had actual cause to believe that he would do something other than a post that had 'jk' and 'lol' in it.

It's not so much a question of Freedom of Speech as there are actually laws in place against uttering death threats and terroist threats. It seems impossible that they could get a conviction out of this either. Presumably he's in jail because they set a high bail. This probably has to do less with the evidence in question and more with sending a message to the public that this kind of thing is being taken seriously. Sucks to the one that gets made an example out of but that's life sometimes.

serves him right - psyco

Psycho*. But seriously, the guy was joking around. I've heard people say things far more messed up than this. Not sure how saying that with the utmost sarcasm makes him a psycho by any means. I'd say it's far more messed up that he could face actual charges for doing nothing wrong.

• Like 1

Let's live by a piece of paper and let "authority" control us. 'Murican Friedumb!

...I don't need some 250+ year old piece of paper telling me how to live my life. I know the difference between right and wrong. I certainly don't need authoritative figures approaching me with accusations or "suspicion". The high school i attended required that you carried a mesh or clear sack/backpack because of an incident. If a student, or anyone for that matter, is going to bring a weapon to harm others, they don't need a bag to do so.. I'll stop here but seriously, this is bullshit.

The constitution isn't at fault here.  It's the politicians abusing their power.  I don't know which is worse:  Corrupt idiots sending a kid to jail for no reason, or ignorant people like you not know what the hell you're talking about.  The Constitution limits government and gives the power to the people.  The politicians we have today give no shits about the founding document you call a mere "piece of paper" and ignore it every chance they get, hence innocent people like this kid get thrown in jail.

1. World is Screwed
  2. No sense of humor seems to exist
  3. Intelligence was never displayed on both sides
  4. GROW THE HELL UP!

Freedom Of Speech is not free anymore. The ideals that America was founded on, are gone due to the politicians.

This is simply not acceptable, as much as the next as I would love to rationalize...I will not.

He had poor timing with his joke (was in bad taste too) but do not give out a full blown penalty for it. If the law wants to step up, DO IT IN THE RIGHT AREAS! (Drug Cartels, ACTUAL Criminals, etc.)

Note: I expect to be criticized on what I said and frankly I really could care less. I expressed my views.

The constitution isn't at fault here.  It's the politicians abusing their power.  I don't know which is worse:  Corrupt idiots sending a kid to jail for no reason, or ignorant people like you not know what the hell you're talking about.  The Constitution limits government and gives the power to the people.  The politicians we have today give no shits about the founding document you call a mere "piece of paper" and ignore it every chance they get, hence innocent people like this kid get thrown in jail.

Ignorant? No. The fact that we have to be told how to live and what our rights are, is a problem. If people would actually think before they act, things like this wouldn't happen. I understand what the Constitution does, but I don't need it. But maybe you're not understanding exactly what I'm saying.