Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Officially Announced (17 November 2020)

Absolutely can't wait for this. 

I'm currently playing through the remaster of Brotherhood and I'm just not having a great time with it. The full sync requirements (something I didn't go for back in the PS3 days) just ruin the game for me and I realize how much I love Origins and Odyssey and how spoiled I am by them. So I can't wait to dive back into the new style of games and that trailer alone sold me...everything we've found out since then is just icing on the cake. 

Ghost of Tsushima was going to be my pre-order for the year...but that has now changed. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 9:36 PM, DarkLordSHTR said:

I don't know if it's real, but I found a cover like this.

EW3IG4jX0AMap2m.jpg

Wonder if it'll be reversible to have the female Eivor on the other side like Odyssey had Alexios on one side and Kassandra on the other.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:56 AM, Upendo_Vitani said:

I'm pretty done with Norse mythology. You just can't get away from it these days. I would like something different. I'm also not enthused with huge maps and ticking off little places 100% that ultimately don't serve any purpose other than completion. One of the reasons I'm having a hard time getting into Origins. And Odyssey looks even worse.

Odyssey is much worse. Tried to do everything in Odyssey 100% and had to tap out at 140 hours. Got all trophies though. Origins took me about 80 hours. Odyssey is 62% bigger than Origins.

On 02/05/2020 at 3:36 AM, DarkLordSHTR said:

I don't know if it's real, but I found a cover like this.

EW3IG4jX0AMap2m.jpg

It is real, yes. Or at least this is the cover being used by UK retailers so I assume it’s real.

Edited by RedDeadWitcher93
Silly iPad autocorrect

3 hours ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-Ultimate-Editio

Sadly the ultimate edition steelbook is a GameStop exclusive in the US. :( You can also get the gold edition steelbook from other retailers. I imagine the ultimate pack will be offered separately if you want it. Gold Steelbook is $109.99 and Ultimate Steelbook is $129.99 

3 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

That's right before my birthday, so I'd be OK with that. Time will tell, of course. If they really want it to be holiday, November would work better.

Edited by MidnightDragon

They are really showing a lot of big battles in the videos. I hope they make it better than in Odyssey because they were pretty crap.

And another eagle, its starting to get tiresome.

Edited by Montyzu

26 minutes ago, Montyzu said:

They are really showing a lot of big battles in the videos. I hope they make it better than in Odyssey because they were pretty crap.

And another eagle, its starting to get tiresome.

That was a raven, not an eagle...unless I missed something.

12 hours ago, djb5f said:

I get a Game of Thrones vibe, in the North, wildings, raven, that tree, the wall, etc.

definitely more interested in this than most AC titles.

It has the God of War (2018) vibe to it.

Honestly, the first boss you encounter in God of War can be thrown in this Assassins Creed game and he would fit right in. There's quite a few parallels, which tells me Ubisoft was perhaps inspired by God of War.

So Ubisoft has said that AC Valhalla will run at minimum 30 fps with 4K on XSX. What are your thoughts on it? Personally I don’t like the fact that it might be capped at 30 fps on PS5 because I would rather have 60 fps than 4K since I don’t have a 4K TV.  At least having an option for say 1080p with 60 fps would be great. 

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/xbox-series-x-fans-angry-over-assassins-creed-valhalla-running-at-30fps-1365101

Ubisoft producer Julien Laferrière said that the map size of Assassin's Creed Valhalla is bigger than 2018's Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which itself represented the largest sandbox the open world series had seen so far, coming in at around 90 square miles of playable terrain.

"I would actually say in terms of range [Valhalla] is probably a bit larger than Assassins Creed Odyssey," said Laferrière. I do not have the exact figures at this stage, but we have not only created the whole country, which is in this case England, but also to a good part of Norway too."

GamesRadar

• Like 1

On 2020-05-07 at 9:01 AM, djb5f said:

I get a Game of Thrones vibe, in the North, wildings, raven, that tree, the wall, etc.

definitely more interested in this than most AC titles.

I’m getting the same vibes for sure, and it’s got me very excited! I’ve been waiting for a game like this forever. I’m a big AC fan already, but I find myself more interested in Valhalla than any other AC game that has been revealed over the years.

I’ve always loved the Viking Age, Viking culture, Norse mythology, and I’m a big fan of shows like Vikings, The Last Kingdom etc. that are steeped in that aesthetic and feel of that period of history (no matter how many liberties the writers take with historical events lol). Having this in game form is a dream come true! ?

• Like 1