Trophy Thoughts?

Burgins

5 minutes ago, Jens said:

That's definitely not wrong if you look at it from a completely neutral standpoint. But they could've done way worse and not seeing some crazy evil trophies was a neat surprise. Ascension 15+ will be a reset-hell, but you just have to get that one run though. That's why brute force will work wonders once you get the hang of it :P You don't need sick reflexes or precision like in Super Meat Boy, it will be pure patience and the motivation to learn deck-building.

I've not actually done Ascension 15+ on the main characters. I'm currently Ascension 18 on a mod though so I know how tough it actually is. It's going to be fun to actually learn the default characters though, I've played them very briefly and back when I originally bought the game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jens said:

Seems manageable. If a talking egg was able to do it so should we right?

I would've been scared if they demanded heart kills on A20 or something along those lines. But without that everything should be possible with some amount of brute force.

Talking egg...are you talking about Northernlion? lol

I've been meaning to pick this game up on PC ever since he's started his series on YT I but never got around to it. I'm happy to see that it's coming to consoles though so I'm definitely buying it in the near future. A deck building roguelike is such a neat idea so I can't wait to finally try it out!

24 minutes ago, deadaim100 said:

Talking egg...are you talking about Northernlion? lol

Yeah they are, I've spent the better part of a year watching him struggle to get Ascension 20 unlocked with all characters, he recently got all the achievements as well, over 500 hours of gameplay.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TrX_SoLuSiOnZ said:

This plat will be super difficult. The speedrun trophy alone will take thousands of runs to be able to do. I only know one person that has that achievement on steam and he only beat it by a couple seconds.

Yup, that 20 minute run will be extremely rough.  This will be a Plat for the trophy case for the few that manage to finish it.

On 5/21/2019 at 2:39 PM, TrX_SoLuSiOnZ said:

This plat will be super difficult. The speedrun trophy alone will take thousands of runs to be able to do. I only know one person that has that achievement on steam and he only beat it by a couple seconds.

There's quite a few sub 20 runs on Ironclad and one on each of the other characters. Ironclad seems to be the more reliable character to attempt it. The fast mode in the options is probably the biggest thing to help but I haven't tried it yet myself.

After playing this game for about 15-20 hours it has easily become one of my top 3 favorite roguelikes,  its crazy how many different crazy things you can pull off if you manage the right deck.  But this platinum has so much RNG and Ascension 20 + 20 minute run both look like I would need hundreds of hours to be able to know how to play well enough.  This is the perfect game to work on in between games and maybe I can get the plat as my 100th plat with is a long ways away.

• 3 years later...