Judgment Trophy Thoughts

MidnightDragon

On 7/31/2019 at 0:07 AM, AnnalieseQ said:

It probably took me 6 or 7 runs of 20+ to get it finally, it really comes down to luck. One thing that helped me was blasting music and turning the game audio all the way down so I couldn't hear the audio cue of the new rivals, that way I didn't freak myself out whenever the bear or Sig would show up. I imagine this wouldn't work for everyone though, because some people like to be able to save better plays for the harder rivals and "cleaning the board" for the easier ones. I have to say, it is mostly luck, and if you keep trying, you will eventually get it!

FINALLY got it!!!

She spawned at 27. I shared the run below and notice the HUGE clutch at 10:30 lol

• Like 1

Back then when i did it i was like keep playing until stage 44. didnt realize that i've beaten her like 3-5 times already  xD
usually i died at stage 10 but for somereason on that run i beat it until lvl 25 and i decided to you know what. lets continue incase i haven't beat her lol and not realizing it until "oh it's already reached stage 40" lol

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 2:29 AM, AnnalieseQ said:

This is a really good point! This is exactly what I've been doing, just filling three columns as fast as possible. I will try and prepare that fourth row at the bottom to be cleared. I've gotten better at clearing the board quickly when those blank puyos start rolling in, I got over 15 but unfortunately lost to Sig. I panicked and started overthinking, which really slowed me down. Ready to try again, especially using this new advice. Thank you!

You can't panic on this game at least what i believe. else its just a sure lose game (which i usually did) I never got past 15 wins until a run that  i beat the crap out of the AI with 44 wins. I dont even know if i can do it again xD

On 7/30/2019 at 7:03 AM, AnnalieseQ said:

All right, so I finally completed literally everything in the game! I will be writing up a lengthy pseudo-guide for the more difficult challenges, both city and shop missions included.926cc4294b.jpg

I've platinumed it like a week ago.

Personally I dont think there is any difficult challenge aside from minigames:
- Mahjong (advanced table wrecks you with 2 turns riichi which i use the cheat tiles)
   Beat it with money buy the tiles. You  want to get hit by kuronyan after you stack lots of money because kuronyan doubled your money.
   gain if you managed to re-catch him.  then you can buy dozens of HBOmega and it helps with the GA Building too.
- Puyopuyo (ofc this is the bane of the platinum for most people) Some times idk why the 3 tower stacks just doesnt work. You need to think a bit to make the chain needed.
- Drone (time trials. you really need speed instead of handling mostly. because constant 68 MPH is better than 65 MPH, It saves you LOTS of time rather than have high handlings.
  you just need to learn to break and turn early when needed)
- Virtua Fighter against the robot gal ( I remember i used the punching guy instead of what power pyx recommend aka "rey mysterio clones". It's easier to counter it with the 
  punching  guy because his fist is faster than rey mysterio's kick)
- Shogi: just use the app ez pz

as for the rest of achievements I already did it at earlier chapter.
- eating and other minigames
- you might want to use tiger style to clear the mobs early game because it's easier the enemies barely block on that time so doing it will be fine.
- for the crane style i paired it with weapon kills and the wall jumping.

Not mini game but welp everybody knew He is the hardest boss in the game:
- Amon (You really need to learn his pattern especially the 2nd and 3rd. Worst case just go to the easy mode and brute force it)

Edited by WhiteRaito
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've finished the story this week and began focusing on side stuff. So far my opinion is that this is far harder than even Yakuza 3, which people say was the hardest so far.

From the arcade games I've only completed VF5FS so far, and I keep getting my ass kicked in Fighting Vipers, then there's Puyo Puyo and a few others.

Is it just me or is mahjong really hard on this game?

I'm not a mahjong expert, but I've never had problems with any of the mahjong challenges from Yakuza 0, Kiwami or Kiwami 2.

But here I'm struggling to win single rounds even on the beginner tables. And the hard tables just seem like a lost cause. I've gone hours without declaring ron or tsumo once, even though I'm not doing anything different from usual

I can't be the only one who thinks the fighting games are almost as bad as Puyo Puyo. Admittedly I'm terrible at fighting games, but the AI this feels more cheap than Puyo since they can form a combo and get more hits in before your character can even respond. Sometimes I couldn't even get a single hit in and get defeated within 5 seconds.

48 minutes ago, LunaKishi said:

I can't be the only one who thinks the fighting games are almost as bad as Puyo Puyo. Admittedly I'm terrible at fighting games, but the AI this feels more cheap than Puyo since they can form a combo and get more hits in before your character can even respond. Sometimes I couldn't even get a single hit in and get defeated within 5 seconds.

Fighting Vipers can be really unforgiving, but you can just spam retry every time you lose so it's not that bad. VF5 Dural can really be a pain though since you need to start all over again.

55 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

Fighting Vipers can be really unforgiving, but you can just spam retry every time you lose so it's not that bad. VF5 Dural can really be a pain though since you need to start all over again.

I just defeated Dural moments ago, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as it only took 4 full attempts. Fighting Viper was the one I was getting pissed off at since its gameplay is pretty much the same as the VF game that's in Yakuza 5, then realized that VF in this one is the same from Yakuza 6.

Thank god for unlimited continues in FV otherwise I would've definitely say it's harder than Puyo Puyo but it still felt more cheap than Puyo. Now to win as every character and I'm done with all of the arcade.

Edited by LunaKishi

44 minutes ago, LunaKishi said:

I just defeated Dural moments ago, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as it only took 4 full attempts. Fighting Viper was the one I was getting pissed off at since its gameplay is pretty much the same as the VF game that's in Yakuza 5, then realized that VF in this one is the same from Yakuza 6.

Thank god for unlimited continues in FV otherwise I would've definitely say it's harder than Puyo Puyo but it still felt more cheap than Puyo. Now to win as every character and I'm done with all of the arcade.

Nice, congrats! I just got done with Puyo a minute ago, now only missing Kamuro of the Dead, mahjong triple color straight and a few wins to 100% KamuroGo. 

Oh nice, I still got ways to go as I'm only in chapter 2.

I knew the arcade stuff was gonna slow me down so I decided to get that out way asap (Mahjong will be too but I know I can get through that eventually at this point).

20 hours ago, LunaKishi said:

Fighting game are a JOKE compare to Puyo Puyo. I beat Dural after 2 try with Vanessa and circle button spam. Fighting Vipers is worst but with infinite try is easy. Puyo Puyo is a hell on earth to much level to play and beat

Edited by Neme-ita

All I have left to 100% kamurogo now is Tachibana Mahjong wins, 30 is waaaaaaay too much imo.

Even on the easy table the AI calls riichi all the time, just now I got one where all 3 opponents called riichi one after another lol. Still 17 wins to go, fml.

Might be faster to use the blackjack trick to buy nine gate tiles tbh

Edited by kanzenchaos

1 hour ago, kanzenchaos said:

All I have left to 100% kamurogo now is Tachibana Mahjong wins, 30 is waaaaaaay too much imo.

Even on the easy table the AI calls riichi all the time, just now I got one where all 3 opponents called riichi one after another lol. Still 17 wins to go, fml.

Might be faster to use the blackjack trick to buy nine gate tiles tbh

The easy table is actually the hard one ?, there is always someone calling riichi on turn 1-2.

On a side note, just go for All Simples, All Triplets or Dragons, that way you can steal tiles.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

The easy table is actually the hard one ?, there is always someone calling riichi on turn 1-2.

On a side note, just go for All Simples, All Triplets or Dragons, that way you can steal tiles.

The way they call riichi all the time feels really cheap lol

Thanks for the tip!

• 11 months later...

Shit. So the Oh Look A Cat trophy didn’t pop for me. I followed Powerpyx’s guide and I’m 100% sure I found them all, in main and side missions. As I double checked every time.

Is that guide accurate? Can this trophy glitch? When I do Legend difficulty do I need to find all cats in the side missions again or are only the cats in the main missions needed?

I do not want to run through this story three times. Man I hate missable collectibles that requires a full playthrough if you mess up.

2 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Shit. So the Oh Look A Cat trophy didn’t pop for me. I followed Powerpyx’s guide and I’m 100% sure I found them all, in main and side missions. As I double checked every time.

Is that guide accurate? Can this trophy glitch? When I do Legend difficulty do I need to find all cats in the side missions again or are only the cats in the main missions needed?

I do not want to run through this story three times. Man I hate missable collectibles that requires a full playthrough if you mess up.

Yeah in a game like this that was a stupid trophy to have missable. Then again most of the requirements in this game are dog shit. I've been using the gamefaqs guide for the cats, so why don't you try and use that along side the powerpyx guide and see if he screwed up somewhere. I don't want to sound like a dick with this next part, but because the game has been out a while I'm sure if they made mistakes in the guide they would have fixed it, so just double check your own stuff as well. 

16 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah in a game like this that was a stupid trophy to have missable. Then again most of the requirements in this game are dog shit. I've been using the gamefaqs guide for the cats, so why don't you try and use that along side the powerpyx guide and see if he screwed up somewhere. I don't want to sound like a dick with this next part, but because the game has been out a while I'm sure if they made mistakes in the guide they would have fixed it, so just double check your own stuff as well. 

Yeah, you’re right. I don’t like collectible trophies in any game. Let’s hope I get it on my Legend playthrough...

• 2 months later...

Phew, after many many hours I finally got my platinum for this today. I can confidently say that it was the hardest one wich I achieved so far. Drone Racing was hell for me and Puyo Puyo wich I had to play for almost 3 entire days even topped that. I liked the game but man I am glad to be done with that.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 5:05 AM, souijuro833 said:

anyone for some tips for Pipeline Time Attack? I just suck at drone racing in general but the tight turns in the tower are just killing me!!

Not sure if it's a super helpful tip but just make sure you focus on braking. You'll lose a lot more time hitting things constantly than you would from just slowing down a bit to get around corners properly. Then once you get better at doing that you'll become more consistent and be able to go a bit faster and brake a little less