What's going on with this site?

4 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

One very noticeable game for that is https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6368-魔物獵人frontier-g where it shows 1 game owner, and 100% completion, even though the trophyset is not achievable by legitimate means, and the one person on the site to own it, was removed from the site. Their stats still stayed. 

You can also add YooStar2 and UFC Personal Trainer to that list. Neither one worked or had servers up long enough for ANY player to Plat and/or 100%

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

And of course, the series feature. The last feature I can actually remember being added to the site, which was finally implemented nearly two years ago, in October 2017. And when I say implemented, I mean this infobox was added:
http://imgur.com/CxHxH1i.png

Which shows you how many games and trophies are in the series, and also the banner icons of three random games  from it. And that's it. No you can't click it to see the full list of games. You can't check your series progress or compare yourself to others in any sort of leaderboard.

As it currently stands, this so-called Series Box "feature" is completely useless.

4 hours ago, BlindMango said:

The way I'm currently tagging VR games with the series box is if VR is required in order to play the game, it doesn't make much sense in this case to tag it if VR is just a feature of if a game just has a VR mode. Also while it's not exactly a platform, the platform tag is a good way to tag is with how the site logic works. PSVR will go on past PS4 so Sony is sort of treating it like some sort of hybrid platform of sorts anyways, even though it's technically a peripheral lol

PSVR came out almost 3 years ago. There's 615 PSVR Games. All PSVR Games should have a "PSVR" Tag. "PSVR Compatible" is just as important as "PSVR Required".

Complete PlayStation VR Catalog For Required and Compatible Games

Edited by dmm121182
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Just a query, is there any thoughts on others users' desires to removed finished games from appearing in gaming sessions? Like if someone's already platted/100%'d a Call of Duty game, and don't want to see that game appear in gaming sessions anymore

Alright, you convinced me with this one. I’d love to manually hide specific games in Gaming Sessions page because I know I won’t bother playing them anymore, Coop or boosting.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Well, that's definitely not correct. I've been manually updating dozens of accounts during the past week and I've come across countless cases of registered users not being updated for over a year. Sometimes even more than two years.

But Sly enabled auto updates for registered users about 18 hours ago so of course those profiles were not updating before.

The schedule before this thread was:

- Premium - 6 hours

- Registered / Non-registered - never

And now the schedule is the one listed in my previous post.

Since my post, CTR which is 4 weeks old gained over 300 players active this week which means the auto update for registered users is indeed running.

According to what Sly replied, he will also enable non-registered users later today.

Edited by HusKy

52 minutes ago, HusKy said:

But Sly enabled auto updates for registered users about 18 hours ago so of course those profiles were not updating before.

The schedule before this thread was:

- Premium - 6 hours

- Registered / Non-registered - never

And now the schedule is the one listed in my previous post.

Since my post, CTR which is 4 weeks old gained over 300 players active this week which means the auto update for registered users is indeed running.

According to what Sly replied, he will also enable non-registered users later today.

And the numbers on the front page have been slowly going upward, too.

16 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

The VR platform won't affect other leaderboards, it's purely in addition to the others.

Why don't you had a Genre leaderboard, completion leaderboard, adjusted leaderboard and make the rarity leaderboard part of the leaderboard section instead of searching the forums and remove the hackers from it.

1 minute ago, freddie1989 said:

Jesus anyone would think this was a subscription service that everyone is paying an absolute fortune for! It is a free website for christ sake and has been the best available site for years now. Maybe Sly and the other guys running it have a social life like the rest of the world!

The only change currently I think would be useful for me personally would be to be able to hide completed games in the gaming sessions tab but it doesnt exactly ruin my life. 

Anything for a good moan hey.....

I've been looking through the comments and was literally just about to say something similar to this!

Does anyone get paid to run this site? Or is it done completely during their spare time because of the love they have for the community and the trophy system? 

How hard is it to press a button once a day or once a week or however long it is between you and other's visits? I press update on mine and my friend's daily to see how the competition is going even if we haven't achieved anything the day before. It's not hard. But I'm sure it is a lot more difficult to do it for however many hundred's of thousands are registered to this site and then even worse for the nearly hundred million PS4s out there in the world. 

I have to manually update my PS3 trophy list to the network if achieved one. Come on guys it's really not a big deal. We all do this for the fun of it. Yeh there are some that take it seriously to the level that every game must be played every minute of the day to 100% and that's their thing, I'm fine with that, I'm not going to judge. 

As for the rest of the issues raised I don't really have any comment other than being able to see the rest of the games in the series, that would be nice. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Jesus anyone would think this was a subscription service that everyone is paying an absolute fortune for! It is a free website for christ sake and has been the best available site for years now. Maybe Sly and the other guys running it have a social life like the rest of the world!

The only change currently I think would be useful for me personally would be to be able to hide completed games in the gaming sessions tab but it doesnt exactly ruin my life. 

Anything for a good moan hey.....

I paid for Premium Membership and then the following year paid for a Lifetime membership, I feel the website is completely worth it.

That wasn't the point though. It's about features that should be working and aren't, features promised that haven't yet materialised and suggestions for site improvements that don't seem to be acknowledged despite a great deal of time and effort from the OP and then the communities response.

This thread up to now has been useful, we've had a response to concerns from the owner and discussion from some of the main contributors to the site. I'd say this has been long overdue rather than a moan.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

People are paying for this site. There are also ads. Sly is not running it out of the goodness of his own heart.

Even if it's the best site, it doesn't mean it can't get better. I doubt anybody's social life is so busy that they can't find time to implement even small changes, offer explanations on delays or post feedback on people's suggestions in a period of over 2 years. Especially if it's for a product that's giving them a source of income.

There are things people want from this site and have wanted for a very long time. Maybe you're satisfied with things the way they are, but if I'm going to be actively using a site, I'd prefer it to be the best it can be.

That's not the problem I have with the auto update feature being disabled. There are millions of profiles with trophy data that is 7+ months out of date. Game ownership, trophy rarity and the leaderboards are all only actively tracking premium members and people who have signed up to the site. That only makes up 7% of the 4m profiles on this site. Even PSNTL, a site with 500k tracked members, had higher ownership counts on some games last time I looked. You can imagine how unreliable the information has become.

12.99 for life is equivalent to a monthly membership of PS+ for 2 months! Ad's are non-intrusive. As I said this must be done in own time surely?

People's social lives are busy or even non existent, I can only use myself as an example; I work 2 jobs and commute between the both of them, 2 kids and a wife I need to spend some sort of time with at meal times and bedtimes etc and running a charity youth group. Plus then try to find the time here and there for a bit game time. That's pretty much 19 hours a day.

I'm going to make a strange comparison to Jim Carrey in 'Bruce Almighty', he receives countless prayers a day and can only do a handful of them. Like I said it's a strange comparison but I think you'll see the point.

I don't know what PSNTL is but according to your numbers membership is 12.5% of what this site has, hardly comparable.

1 hour ago, patrickogorman19 said:

Why don't you had a Genre leaderboard

It is not so easy as you might think. 

The genre information, as I recall, are not automatically assigned. The information is taken from a different source

Metadata (Developer, Publisher, Genre, Release Date, etc):

• We get this information from a website called IGDB.com, you can make an account there and alter any data that you find odd or wrong here! Simply make the changes there, it will have to undergo an approval process, and then it will take up to a week for the changes to show up here due to the time for their websites API to update and then PSNProfiles has to retrieve that data.
  • There are games that do not have metadata here on the site (Mostly indie games or Japanese games), most likely meaning they aren’t existing game entries on IGDB.com, you can add a game onto that website after creating an account and once all the data you’ve entered for that game is approved, wait a full week and then let us know here and we can link it!
  • Games A - Z have their metadata linked (if that game is listed on IGDB). Non-English games are not yet all linked.

By large, in broad terms, the list is far from complete and so might not be the best use of resources to create a leaderboard for it. Not unless someone went through every single game on site a manually retagged every game with its correct tags. 

1 hour ago, patrickogorman19 said:

completion leaderboard, adjusted leaderboard and make the rarity leaderboard part of the leaderboard section instead of searching the forums and remove the hackers from it.

• Completion leaderboard would probably interest a lot of people but how would you suggest ratings be handled for leaderboard ranking? Would it be a flat 1:1 in that complete a game and you get 1 point. Or would different games be weighed differently?
  • Adjusted leaderboard. I'm not sure what you mean by this, can you clarify what is being adjusted?
  • Rarity leaderboard. The reason it hasn't been implemented is that there has yet to be a concrete solution proposed to calculate the points weighed for rarity. The rarity leaderboard you see today is just one of the calculation results that could have been used but ultimately it couldn't be agreed on. If you're interested in this specific leaderboard I recommend you read through and contribute to this thread 

I know that I'm not BlindMango, and certainly not Sly Ripper, but I hope that this information has been helpful to you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

It is not so easy as you might think. 

The genre information, as I recall, are not automatically assigned. The information is taken from a different source

By large, in broad terms, the list is far from complete and so might not be the best use of resources to create a leaderboard for it. Not unless someone went through every single game on site a manually retagged every game with its correct tags. 

• Completion leaderboard would probably interest a lot of people but how would you suggest ratings be handled for leaderboard ranking? Would it be a flat 1:1 in that complete a game and you get 1 point. Or would different games be weighed differently?
  • Adjusted leaderboard. I'm not sure what you mean by this, can you clarify what is being adjusted?
  • Rarity leaderboard. The reason it hasn't been implemented is that there has yet to be a concrete solution proposed to calculate the points weighed for rarity. The rarity leaderboard you see today is just one of the calculation results that could have been used but ultimately it couldn't be agreed on. If you're interested in this specific leaderboard I recommend you read through and contribute to this thread 

I know that I'm not BlindMango, and certainly not Sly Ripper, but I hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Playstation trophy leaders has the leaderboards I mention. https://(URL not allowed)/leaderboard/main. I'm well aware of this thread knew about before you came along i mention it in previous post. True trophies has a genre leaderboard but psn profiles doesnt have it yet.

Edited by patrickogorman19
improve response

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

People are paying for this site. There are also ads. Sly is not running it out of the goodness of his own heart.

Even if it's the best site, it doesn't mean it can't get better. I doubt anybody's social life is so busy that they can't find time to implement even small changes, offer explanations on delays or post feedback on people's suggestions in a period of over 2 years. Especially if it's for a product that's giving them a source of income.

There are things people want from this site and have wanted for a very long time. Maybe you're satisfied with things the way they are, but if I'm going to be actively using a site, I'd prefer it to be the best it can be.

That's not the problem I have with the auto update feature being disabled. There are millions of profiles with trophy data that is 7+ months out of date. Game ownership, trophy rarity and the leaderboards are all only actively tracking premium members and people who have signed up to the site. That only makes up 7% of the 4m profiles on this site. Even PSNTL, a site with 500k tracked members, had higher ownership counts on some games last time I looked. You can imagine how unreliable the information has become.

I myself paid to have premium on here but it was pennies! People literally pay more to autopop trophies on dreadful games just to say 'look at me' but hey that's up to them.

I agree it can better and I did state in my post something I would like implemented but to bitch and complain like its the end of the world is pitiful. Sly and the others have done an amazing job with this site and it was a much quieter place when I joined years ago.

There are so many things involved with just maintaining it that I am sure the additions to the site have to take a back seat to a point. Most suggestions get discussed at some stage and things can go from there. The growth of this site and the developments its made over the years has been superb.

1 hour ago, FawltyPowers said:

I paid for Premium Membership and then the following year paid for a Lifetime membership, I feel the website is completely worth it.

That wasn't the point though. It's about features that should be working and aren't, features promised that haven't yet materialised and suggestions for site improvements that don't seem to be acknowledged despite a great deal of time and effort from the OP and then the communities response.

This thread up to now has been useful, we've had a response to concerns from the owner and discussion from some of the main contributors to the site. I'd say this has been long overdue rather than a moan.

Why do people never look at the features that have materialized?? Thankfully he is a nice guy and has responded politely and discussed these things with individuals as a lot wouldn't have.

My point is to take the positives as opposed to ignoring them to focus on the negatives (did I just say that) which is what the majority seem to do.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mori said:

I asked about the auto-update issue in other threads twice this month. No response. Furthermore, OP didnt really bitch and was in fact polite and it worked. Pointing out flaws and issues is not "bitch & complain like its the end of the world".

What is people's issue with the updates scenario? It takes about 10 seconds to update your profile if it isn't done. Genuine question, not trying be argumentative here.

1 minute ago, freddie1989 said:

What is people's issue with the updates scenario? It takes about 10 seconds to update your profile if it isn't done. Genuine question, not trying be argumentative here.

2 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

• Like 4

Just now, freddie1989 said:

This has been already discussed dozens of times in many threads - if the auto-updates are disabled, the stats are inaccurate. Games that have been added recently have all incorrect trophy rarities in internal PSNP stats.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

13 minutes ago, HusKy said:

This has been already discussed dozens of times in many threads - if the auto-updates are disabled, the stats are inaccurate. Games that have been added recently have all incorrect trophy rarities in internal PSNP stats.

So it comes down to 'look at me' again? My trophies aren't as rare as I want them to be. Is this such a big deal for people?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

So it comes down to 'look at me' again? My trophies aren't as rare as I want them to be. Is this such a big deal for people?

Updating every profile could either make trophies rarer or more common. Maybe some won't change at all. But the stats shown are from a significantly smaller pool of players than they could be, and I'd prefer it if they weren't.

• Like 1

Just now, pinkrobot_pb said:

This site is 100% about stats. When they are not correct, then what is even the point?

No, the site is about way more than that. It is also about community and a love for gaming. Why have threads about movies and sports etc, that makes jack all difference to stats.

I have met loads of really sound people on here that share the same love as I do.

If you want to worry about the rarity of trophies whilst at the same time auto-popping trophies and gloating about it then by all means knock yourself out but that does this site zero justice whatsoever.

• Like 1