What's going on with this site?

38 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

not sure why it would be seen as messy as the idea would be to mimic the green box now...do you also find the green banners messy and ugly?...and yes, the green would ideally overrule it if earned...

Green boxes only show up on games you own and mark your progress. Red boxes would just be scattered around as you browse the game pages of games you don't own and will look out of place among all the white. Which I suppose is the point, but I definitely prefer the idea of a general box on the side

7 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Dates aren't really relevant most of the time. There are a few cases where trophies can still be unlocked if somebody played online before a certain date. But besides that, unless it's for a game that will have trophies become unobtainable in upcoming patches/server shutdowns, there's no reason to include it. Knowing that a trophy became unobtainable in 2017 doesn't change the fact that I can't get it anymore.

The same goes for links. I'm not sure what information they might have that can't be explained in the reason.

I don't think it's good to force people to navigate through a forum thread for information when it can just be detailed on the page itself

I agree that dates and links are irrelevant but, and you seem to disagree, also think that reason is pretty irrelevant too...the important part to me is, is it obtainable or not?...the idea is that anyone who cares about any of the above can browse the linked thread if interested...

Just now, ProfBambam55 said:

I agree that dates and links are irrelevant but, and you seem to disagree, also think that reason is pretty irrelevant too...the important part to me is, is it obtainable or not?...the idea is that anyone who cares about any of the above can browse the linked thread if interested...

I guess, but I feel like the reason would rank much higher in people's interest than the date

Also, maybe this could be expanded to delisted DLC and games. These are all things that can get in the way of earning trophies, so it would be helpful to make people aware of it

13 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Green boxes only show up on games you own and mark your progress. Red boxes would just be scattered around as you browse the game pages of games you don't own and will look out of place among all the white. Which I suppose is the point, but I definitely prefer the idea of a general box on the side

right, the idea is for them to look out of place to give us a heads up...the problem I have with a box on the side would be how and where it is displayed and whether or not it is easily overlooked...

looking at the site layout for lists I wonder what kind of format would be the most obvious while at the same time being non-intrusive, consistent, and fluent...a red (or other colour that stands out) header and banners make the most sense to me simply because they kind of follow the format we already have and might involve the least amount of reprogramming or reorganizing of the layout...

6 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Also, maybe this could be expanded to delisted DLC and games. These are all things that can get in the way of earning trophies, so it would be helpful to make people aware of it

agreed, not a bad idea...

Edited by ProfBambam55

17 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Cannot or will not? I've messaged @Sly Ripper via PM - no reaction. I've used this option - no reaction. His behaviour is unprofessional, disrespectful and unbecoming for an adult in his late 20s. There's always the option to appoint another admin if he cannot handle the duty all alone.

What do you want me to do about it?

I already suggested someone to take his place or another admin so the workload doesn't fall on just one person. But don't act all defensive about this because that is NOT the way to go about it.

16 hours ago, El Duderino said:

What the fuck are you talking about?! He is the only one with admin rights and therefor the only person that can solve my issue. Obsession? Dude, please don't use words you don't understand. I really mean that. Just don't. Especially if you don't even know what my case is. 1f621.png:facepalm:

Stop being defensive.

4 hours ago, BHK3 said:

throw your suggestion into the suggestion box and keep this place warm for another year and keep moving along. 

So basically what you are saying is

Apart from one dude who seemed a little too aggressive with his requests, I don't think anything else said here was too bad. Yes, this site is largely considered to be the best website there is, but there are several features that people would like to see implemented and nothing was said regarding them in the past months. People, in general, are grateful for what there is, but they will always strive for more. Why settling for 8/10 when you can achieve 10/10?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, BHK3 said:

A lot of you guys are super entitled, seriously. Calling Sly's 'behavior' disrespectful? Unprofessional? Where the hell do you think we are some big fortune 500 company?? 

This is a trophy tracking website, the best one at that. Everything I'm reading here says this ENTIRE website is a 1 man show. Why are there no real competitors? 

Does anyone here, actually ever sit down and compare the services offered by Microsoft and Sony? Sony's is...kinda really poor in comparison to xbox. You get multi region'd lists with no evidence of where they came from, you get games where NO SERVER even has the trophies for them despite you actually playing them(as recent as borderlands 1 GOTY for ps4), you have 0 policing on custom firmware and trophy hacking, etc.  This is your source, this is the tree where you get your apples from. 

Try running a site that pulls data from the No. 1 video game console market leader, alone, getting it to work every day without exploding, with a inherently poor source. Now imagine you're sitting there working on the site not exploding because Sony is doing a deep network change(name change) and some dude with Naruto in his name is messaging you asking why he's in trouble over his cawadooty troopies...yea I'd ignore the motherfucker too. What of it? I got bigger fish to fry, thats why I have mods and shit running the site while I'm plugging any holes to keep the ship afloat. Oh Noez the big bad CEO of PSNP ignored my private message, this place sucks! Get a grip...

If some random game has stats that are 5% off and thats enough for you to make a thread saying the site is falling apart at the seams, is on life support, I would love to see what golden idol of a website you are comparing PSNP to. 

The stuff being asked here is soooo unbelievably menial. Yea the 'series' box should be clickable with every game listed there, yea we should be able to not see gaming sessions for stuff we have 100%'d, yea profiles not getting updated kinda hurts the stats of some trophies. Have you thought about all the shit that DOES work and that you DO have? Now compare it to our competitor...or our xbox live counterpart...oh wait THERE ARE NONE. Either volunteer and actually show up for work, or shut up and throw your suggestion into the suggestion box and keep this place warm for another year and keep moving along. 

I get where you're coming from, Sly is hard at work fixing a lot of the issues brought on by Sony. But that kind of brings up another question, why is he doing it alone? Maybe someone has already answered this in the past but why couldn't he hire someone to help out with the coding portion of this website to take some of the pressure off him so that some of these suggested features could become a reality?

Some people here actually pay money towards certain basic features. On top of that, Im sure the site makes an alright amount of ad revenue. If that's somehow not enough to keep the site running while still paying the bills, start a Patreon and let the community fund the money necessary to bring on additional help. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

Well there's TrueAchievements, which has practically every single thing that's been suggested in this thread

TA has been around for longer, and has had the funding and support from many different places since it's inception. TA was around during the Xbox's heyday where getting achievements was actually cool, they have a team running that place. Also, there's a playstation version of the site, called Truetrophies...yet not a single person has mentioned it in this thread at all. So if all these dire omissions are so necessary to the health of this site, why is TT smaller and relatively unknown?

Numbers are important to you, yet TA and TT go off of 'Tracked' gamers which I assume is only people that are registered there, meaning the site doesn't show or count peoples profiles who are not signed up. This means their numbers are 100% worthless, Super Stardust HD is over 250k owners here, on TT it's 12k...for the very first game with trophies you'd think that'd be higher, but their not scraping public data. Either their manually checking the API on the backend and then feeding it through their pipeline to have it display on their site, they dont know or see or reveal whos actually playing these games unless you're registered. It's the opposite here where Sony throws a game onto the server, Sly grabs it automatically and displays it and anyone who has their ID on this site is linked to it, how do you think this effects your trophy percentages and statistics? The workflow between TA and PSNP couldn't be any more different, but you're still directing your disappointment toward a single, tangible person rather than a team of codemonkeys. 

6 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

So basically what you are saying is

Apart from one dude who seemed a little too aggressive with his requests, I don't think anything else said here was too bad. Yes, this site is largely considered to be the best website there is, but there are several features that people would like to see implemented and nothing was said regarding them in the past months. People, in general, are grateful for what there is, but they will always strive for more. Why settling for 8/10 when you can achieve 10/10?

No, what I'm saying, facetiously, to an extent is this: 

Edited by BHK3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BHK3 said:

You mean the suggestion box that is being ignored?

Edited by SinisterPledge
Fake news.

42 minutes ago, BHK3 said:

Exactly what he said you were saying.

I'm not seeing a difference.

This is a ridiculous mentality. You think it's okay for some of the site's functions to be broken just  because other ones work? or it's okay to not improve something in anyway simply because its okay the way it is? If we left more stuff up to you we would still be driving cars from the 60's. They worked fine right? why bother to make them better?

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2

TrueAchievements actually works directly with Microsoft, which is why they're able to do what they do. The big problem with TrueTrophies is they charge around $25 a year for a subscription, so they earn no money because a majority of the users won't pay that much (since you get lifetime here for cheaper).

• Like 2