DOOM 64 Rated for PlayStation 4

ziggypossum

On 7/27/2019 at 11:39 AM, ziggypossum said:

DOOM 64 Rated for PlayStation 4 and PC

A listing released by European rating board, PEGI, has outed DOOM 64 for the PlayStation 4 and PC. The 1997 Nintendo 64 game will be the fourth classic DOOM title to hit current-gen platforms. It was only yesterday that Bethesda surprised players by making DOOM 1, 2, and  3 available for download right away.

As Gematsu has noted, the ratings that leaked DOOM 1 and 2 only mentioned PS4 and PC as release platforms. However, the titles are also available on the Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and smartphones. So although the rating below only lists PS4 and PC as release platforms, DOOM 64 will probably launch on all of the aforementioned platforms as well.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/07/27/doom-64-ps4-rating/

Is doom 64 different than the regular doom?

Edited by Taliesin_2943

I played the Doom 64 mod, which wasreleased last year if I am right. I dont know if it included Brutal Doom, but it was a new style of playing Doom. But it was also a complete new game, with different levels and new graphics

Edited by T-100

DOOM 64 was one of my huge favorites growing up. If this leak is true, then I'm very very excited to finally see it getting a release ^^ Hopefully they keep any mandatory BNET account requirement away from this gem ?

• Like 2

Doom 64 looked completely different and gave more sounds to be a scary one of the classic Doom games. it also brings to the table a new weapon. called the unmaker. it is very powerful and it is abit more deadly then the BFG 9000. But that is pretty much all it brings along with darker looking places and more horror types of music and so on.

Edited by KANERKB

Shit. 

I just spent 30 bucks on the Doom trilogy on Switch yesterday, and another 50 on Wolfenstein Youngblood, and now you wanna give me more Doom on the go? There goes another 7.50 I guess. 

I was kinda hoping if they were gonna surprise drop any retro games, it would have been a current gen version of the Quake trilogy, specifically Quake 3. I've long since given up on the idea that Quake Live Arena for 360 will get the back compat treatment it deserves unfortunately. Though, that only cost me 5 bucks, so as dumb as it is, if Quake 3 came to current gen I'd definitely pick it up on Switch for 15 or so in a heartbeat. These old shooters were so damn good.

...now if we can just get rid of the absolutely ridiculous DRM and sign in bullshit on a 25 YEAR OLD GAME, I'll be right as rain.

Great news. Finally, a good chance to play this classic game in HD and with full trophy support. Rented it as a kid a number of times, never finished it, so this is a great chance to get it and complete it for good. =)

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

Great news. Finally, a good chance to play this classic game in HD and with full trophy support. Rented it as a kid a number of times, never finished it, so this is a great chance to get it and complete it for good. =)

Same here

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Doom 64 is coming to the Switch, Bethesda hints at other versions coming

Bethesda is very specifically not saying that this Doom 64 will be exclusive to Nintendo, like the last one was. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's suggesting exactly the opposite.

Also bear in mind that Doom 64 Aussie rating (it's still not listed by the ESRB or PEGI) says it's a multiplatform game, and that a PC-specific rating briefly blipped on the PEGI site in July. That's not a guarantee it'll come our way, but taken altogether I think there's good reason to be optimistic.

https://www.pcgamer.com/doom-64-is-coming-to-the-switch-bethesda-hints-at-other-versions-coming/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...