Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

14 hours ago, Copanele said:

THE GOOD

• RICHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD
  • MMMMMMMMMICHAEEEEEEEEEEL

This part of the review killed me, and the funny thing is that IT IS actually one of the best parts of the game without a doubt, lmao. xxD

Congrats again on the platinum, Copanele. Just as I said on your status update, this is the kind of dumb game I'd love to play. Need to get some proper "President of the United States Simulator" action one of these days. Platinum may be a grind but the madness and craziness of the whole thing have me sold on the game already. =D  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

This part of the review killed me, and the funny thing is that IT IS actually one of the best parts of the game without a doubt, lmao. xxD

Congrats again on the platinum, Copanele. Just as I said on your status update, this is the kind of dumb game I'd love to play. Need to get some proper "President of the United States Simulator" action one of these days. Platinum may be a grind but the madness and craziness of the whole thing have me sold on the game already. =D  

Big thanks ? yes I kinda complained about the grind but, honestly, both of us did way more egregious grinds on our profiles. 

I am 100% positive that you will enjoy this game from start to finish. Especially the ending! 

2 hours ago, MissShake said:

Look. Look ok? Look. I'm not saying that we blow up a building every Tuesday in honor of Metal Wolf Chaos in America, but I'm also not denying it.

I mean, in everyone's heart there is an America beating with Stars and Stripes, so I do understand the prayers made in honor of Metal Wolf, I really do! (with/without Tuesday explosions, who am I to question it XD) 

Also courtesy to @AihaLoveleaf I have seen the true American way that president Mmmmiichaeeeeel strived to protect. America shed a tear.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Copanele said:

If you've hanged around this beautiful thread, you know my absolute love and appreciation for Atlus' Magnum Opus that is Catherine. An utterly delightful game where you push blocks, pull blocks, save sheeps, try to decide between a control freak hottie and a kinky imma-hump-you-at-every-corner hottie(bless Atlus), try not to accidentally pull a Sayori (DDLC people just know) and push MORE blocks. Amazing game, I know, peak videogame stuff. 

Good to read you finally started to appreciate and enjoy this Masterpiece! You’re almost there. Have fun! :awesome:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Dubz said:

Holy shit dude, get it @Copanele 1f4aa.png Stoked you seem to be making excellent progress on this bitch of a game... You are gonna be nabbing that platty in no time! Very much looking forward to celebrating the day with ya!! :yay:

Thanks man :D you will unfortunately have to wait for a long while, because while I managed to do stage 1 on hard (grabbed a shiny trophy even), on stage 2 I randomly lost the combo because Vincent decided to rest against the cube instead of climbing it -> silver trophy instead of gold.

Suffice to say, I rage quitted and moved on watching random videos out of frustration ?

• Like 1

Love to see Rapunzel done after (literal) months of effort. It was worth the hilarious write-up, at least. ?

The extra 64 levels were too much even for me. Rapunzel's sweet spot was in the 24-32 level range. After that, it wears out its welcome of being a cute little distraction and just becomes a boring slog the rest of the way through.

I'm glad you can finally get to some of the real shit that Catherine has to offer. Hard Mode Stage 9, and the last three levels of Babel are what made Catherine a memorable trophy experience for me, and not in a good way either. That can wait until later, however. For now, a toast for today's good progress. ?

• Like 3

Well done dude! And your thoughts on Rapunzel are spot on. What asshole decided to make a minigame that is a retro version of the main game, and make you do it twice? I hated that grind.

13 hours ago, Copanele said:

And now, inspiring one from Lord SsethTzeentach: "A warm thanks to the members of the Ukemi Guild @Yuber6969, @AihaLoveleaf and @Honor_Hand for supporting and funding this achievement with their encouragement. You are truly wonderful". Without you 3 I couldn't have dreamed of clearing up this abhorrent trophy.

Especially @Yuber6969, you were so motivational with the "just do it dude" that I will closely monitor your descend into madness when you attempt Art of Fighting Anthology <3 Have a good one!

What did I do to deserve AOF? That's the last time I let you rope me into something. ? Retro SNK fighters can gargle my nuts. I will get that plat though. Sorry in advance for the raging.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Love to see Rapunzel done after (literal) months of effort. It was worth the hilarious write-up, at least. 1f609.png

The extra 64 levels were too much even for me. Rapunzel's sweet spot was in the 24-32 level range. After that, it wears out its welcome of being a cute little distraction and just becomes a boring slog the rest of the way through.

I'm glad you can finally get to some of the real shit that Catherine has to offer. Hard Mode Stage 9, and the last three levels of Babel are what made Catherine a memorable trophy experience for me, and not in a good way either. That can wait until later, however. For now, a toast for today's good progress. 1f377.png

Yep, it really was months xD more like trying to convince myself to restart this bastard of a game.

I did end up toasting a full glass of wine after getting owned by Stage 2 Hard so...yeah here's to another year of Catherine misery!?

2 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

What did I do to deserve AOF? That's the last time I let you rope me into something. 1f602.png Retro SNK fighters can gargle my nuts. I will get that plat though. Sorry in advance for the raging.

Hey man, I did tell ya it's going to be hell, don't say I didn't warn you xD it's you who wants to show that you are ready ??

Do rage on, I'll be here to be a legit moral support xD 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Copanele said:

Yep, it really was months xD more like trying to convince myself to restart this bastard of a game.

I did end up toasting a full glass of wine after getting owned by Stage 2 Hard so...yeah here's to another year of Catherine misery!1f377.png

Alright fine.  Your misery has convinced me that this will be the next game I start <3 Gonna boot it up tonight after work! 

You won't suffer alone! or maybe you will? I'll probably enjoy it. 

Edited by Together_Comic
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

Alright fine.  Your misery has convinced me that this will be the next game I start <3 Gonna boot it up tonight after work! 

Whether you love or despise the game, I don't want to be held responsible. It's your own decision and may Lord and Anime have mercy on your soul ??

Myself, I already tossed the controller aside due to being ass blasted by the first boss of the game on Hard (RNG is not with me at all here) so yea... Another "fuck this game" from me. 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 10:16 AM, Copanele said:

Personal Impression: dog-sad.gif / 10

Couldn't help to burst out in laughter after I saw this personal impression ranking. xxxD

And now, inspiring one from Lord SsethTzeentach: "A warm thanks to the members of the Ukemi Guild @Yuber6969, @AihaLoveleaf and @Honor_Hand for supporting and funding this achievement with their encouragement. You are truly wonderful". Without you 3 I couldn't have dreamed of clearing up this abhorrent trophy.

Especially @Yuber6969, you were so motivational with the "just do it dude" that I will closely monitor your descend into madness when you attempt Art of Fighting Anthology <3 Have a good one!

And this, I read it with Lord Sseth Tzeentach's voice in my head. Been a while since I last checked his channel but praise be to our favorite African warlord in his quest.

Also, great work, man. Just as I told you over on Discord, it's awesome to see you making progress on this one again. Even if it's quite the salty experience with how you hate it, but eh, don't let it conquer you just yet. Keep going at it as long as you can and you'll be out of your misery before you know it... or not. xD

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

And this, I read it with Lord Sseth Tzeentach's voice in my head. Been a while since I last checked his channel but praise be to our favorite African warlord in his quest.

Also, great work, man. Just as I told you over on Discord, it's awesome to see you making progress on this one again. Even if it's quite the salty experience with how you hate it, but eh, don't let it conquer you just yet. Keep going at it as long as you can and you'll be out of your misery before you know it... or not. xD

I wonder Lord Sseth will ever review this game xD 

Thanks there! At this point I am swan diving into misery every time I start this game. But I will try to surpass my non-Atlus condition and complete it. Or not.

3 hours ago, realm722 said:

MaiFfod.jpg

I can't wait till Babel :D1f602.png

I am so saving this artstyle ? Makes me want to restart Dark Souls 3 and try to beat it fist only, it would be less painful than this game at least.

YAY Babel. It's not bad enough that I can't beat the main game with the youtube guide near me, that Babel thing is RNG hell. Fuck it at this point I might as well go gamble in Las Vegas, I'd have more chances to win.

• Like 3

Right..... So I'm totally going to necro an old review, but it's one you might have been a little surprised I didn't say anything about and that's this one...

On 26/05/2022 at 11:25 PM, Copanele said:

Note - this post will have a ton of metal gear rising spoilers, because honestly I can't write about the game without describing the bonkerness. So you have been warned :D 

:platinum: No. 187 - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

+?% completed

header.jpg?t=1581382081

This was such an awesome write up, it really was!  Because.... well, because you ALMOST, almost got me to reconsider actually playing this.... I'm still a little on the fence about it. I'm almost sure I'd probably like it from a gameplay perspective, I'm not even afraid of the challenge side of it.

BUT I hate where it fits into the Metal Gear series timeline, it completely undermines a really important plot detail from Metal Gear Solid 4, like offensively so. I just can't get my head around that aspect of it. I am fully aware that's a ME problem though. If this game was non-canon, which apparently it isn't, I think I'd genuinely be a little more on board for it. 

It certainly didn't stop me from enjoying the hell out of this write up though! I like the fact that Raiden was one of the things you found least interesting about the entire thing, it's good that they kept Raiden's blandness a consistent part of his character ?. With as much bombastic stuff going on as this game seems to have,I'm not surprised he gets overshadowed by almost everything else.

I love the soundtrack too by the way, I might not have played the game, but I have heard quite a substantial amount of the soundtrack. It looks like it meshes so well with that frantic gameplay too!

Anyway, it was an absolute treat to read, and if you suddenly see Metal Gear Solid Rising appear on my profile.... then you're almost certainly the reason why!

I've been enjoying all of your other reviews too by the way, I'd be here for the rest of the night if I said everything I wanted to say about all of them so, I'll try and stop myself from having to plunge my fingers into ice from typing, and just say THEY'VE ALL BEEN AWESOME! Oh and that  If I didn't know Metal Wolf Chaos actually was a video game, then I'd probably believe it was a fever dream you were having as a result of playing Revengeance xD

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

Right..... So I'm totally going to necro an old review, but it's one you might have been a little surprised I didn't say anything about and that's this one...

Ha ok truth be told that surprised me xD but glad that you necroed it!

This was such an awesome write up, it really was!  Because.... well, because you ALMOST, almost got me to reconsider actually playing this.... I'm still a little on the fence about it. I'm almost sure I'd probably like it from a gameplay perspective, I'm not even afraid of the challenge side of it.

BUT I hate where it fits into the Metal Gear series timeline, it completely undermines a really important plot detail from Metal Gear Solid 4, like offensively so. I just can't get my head around that aspect of it. I am fully aware that's a ME problem though. If this game was non-canon, which apparently it isn't, I think I'd genuinely be a little more on board for it. 

So, from what I know, don't quote me on it, it's just what people told me, this game is 100%Non-canon. Even on the wiki, it says "not in line with Kojima games"

You might even consider it as a "Raiden fever dream after he got too many electrolytes in him".

It certainly didn't stop me from enjoying the hell out of this write up though! I like the fact that Raiden was one of the things you found least interesting about the entire thing, it's good that they kept Raiden's blandness a consistent part of his character 1f602.png. With as much bombastic stuff going on as this game seems to have,I'm not surprised he gets overshadowed by almost everything else.

Thats why I can't recommend this game enough. It's not ONLY the gameplay (although it's a big part), it's also the characters. Holy shit you will love the characters, almost if not all of them overshadow Raiden.

Every time Raiden goes "It's time to RIP" I go "yea yea whatever Beyblade, give me more of JETSTREAM SAM "

I love the soundtrack too by the way, I might not have played the game, but I have heard quite a substantial amount of the soundtrack. It looks like it meshes so well with that frantic gameplay too!

Undoubtedly a 10/10. You know me and my soundtracks, this one is heavenly music, it just fits THIS well.

Anyway, it was an absolute treat to read, and if you suddenly see Metal Gear Solid Rising appear on my profile.... then you're almost certainly the reason why!

Heh I shall gladly accept the "blame" if you end up playing it ? it will be quite the change of pace from the usual stealth, let me tell you that!

I've been enjoying all of your other reviews too by the way, I'd be here for the rest of the night if I said everything I wanted to say about all of them so, I'll try and stop myself from having to plunge my fingers into ice from typing, and just say THEY'VE ALL BEEN AWESOME! Oh and that  If I didn't know Metal Wolf Chaos actually was a video game, then I'd probably believe it was a fever dream you were having as a result of playing Revengeance xD

I really have to say that Metal Wolf Chaos is even more of a fever dream compared to MGR. I never thought it could be possible buy my god this game is a different type of crack.

Many thanks for browsing through them posts :D

There is one shameful "update" though, I am kinda annoyed from my side that I wrote the AC Valhalla DLC the way I did, it was in a fit of anger truth be told. But I am not changing it, since that was my experience with it. Horrible experience I must say.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Copanele said:

So, from what I know, don't quote me on it, it's just what people told me, this game is 100%Non-canon. Even on the wiki, it says "not in line with Kojima games"

You might even consider it as a "Raiden fever dream after he got too many electrolytes in him".

I've heard very differing things, some say it is canon, others don't. I guess there isn't a definitive answer really.  Like I'm sure I read somewhere that everything that Kojima was directly involved in was canon and I believe he was quite involved for a while at least with Revengeance.  That sort of mindset wouldn't surprise me, as that man is an absolute raging egomaniac. So who knows haha xD:dunno:

I'd prefer if it was just a Raiden fever dream after he ate one too many banana's and was left in his charging socket a little too long ?

36 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Thats why I can't recommend this game enough. It's not ONLY the gameplay (although it's a big part), it's also the characters. Holy shit you will love the characters, almost if not all of them overshadow Raiden.

Every time Raiden goes "It's time to RIP" I go "yea yea whatever Beyblade, give me more of JETSTREAM SAM "

Oh dear..... "It's time to RIP" I guess at least they kept Raiden a whiny weird cringe little NINJEMO... xD

39 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Heh I shall gladly accept the "blame" if you end up playing it 1f602.png it will be quite the change of pace from the usual stealth, let me tell you that!

Good ?..... although I'm far too relaxed to ever blame you for anything haha! ?

I'm up for the change of pace from less stealthy stuff, I'd be aware of it going into it.... It'd be nice to actually have SOME gameplay, as most of the recent MGS titles have been 75% Cutscenes, Audio Tapes, or Codec Calls, so to actually PLAY something might be a welcome change ?

44 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I really have to say that Metal Wolf Chaos is even more of a fever dream compared to MGR. I never thought it could be possible buy my god this game is a different type of crack.

So IF I were to play MGR, then for some reason had the, SAME mad idea to then play  Metal Wolf Chaos, it eventually should probably have me looking like this afterwards.....

tumblr_m0dno8Slf41rocbiao1_500.png

46 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Many thanks for browsing through them posts :D

There is one shameful "update" though, I am kinda annoyed from my side that I wrote the AC Valhalla DLC the way I did, it was in a fit of anger truth be told. But I am not changing it, since that was my experience with it. Horrible experience I must say.

My pleasure! I hope you know I'm always reading along. even if I occasionally get behind on actually dropping a comment.

Don't apologise for what you wrote about AC Valhalla! If it pissed you off, then it pissed you off, it does seem as if Valhalla is almost all of Ubisofts game design issues, but magnified by about 300, so if anything they should be the ones apologising here! xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjkclarke said:

I've heard very differing things, some say it is canon, others don't. I guess there isn't a definitive answer really.  Like I'm sure I read somewhere that everything that Kojima was directly involved in was canon and I believe he was quite involved for a while at least with Revengeance.  That sort of mindset wouldn't surprise me, as that man is an absolute raging egomaniac. So who knows haha xD:dunno:

Same. I've heard different things about the canon status of MGR. Just googled again, and it's still not clear. I mainly see debates. Kojima would say something like "This game has a place on the Metal Gear timeline, but it's not part of the story told by me". Who knows what that really means.

1 hour ago, rjkclarke said:

I'd prefer if it was just a Raiden fever dream after he ate one too many banana's and was left in his charging socket a little too long 1f60f.png

Don't know if it's Raiden's or not, but it's certainly someone's fever dream. And it should be regarded as such ?. Forget about the canon, dive into the meme zone, and have fun.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I'd prefer if it was just a Raiden fever dream after he ate one too many banana's and was left in his charging socket a little too long 1f60f.png

Dude, maybe Metal Gear Rising is the proto-Strand type of game from Kojima, before Death Stranding you know! 

We would never be able to understand Kojimer's brilliant mind xD From my side, slicing and dicing huge ass metal raptors as an emo ninja boi is all I need.

I'm up for the change of pace from less stealthy stuff, I'd be aware of it going into it.... It'd be nice to actually have SOME gameplay, as most of the recent MGS titles have been 75% Cutscenes, Audio Tapes, or Codec Calls, so to actually PLAY something might be a welcome change 1f602.png

So there are a lot of Codec Calls in this game too, and they really are required for a very annoying trophy. The best part is that you can 100% skip them. Who cares about story give me more shit to slice!

So IF I were to play MGR, then for some reason had the, SAME mad idea to then play  Metal Wolf Chaos, it eventually should probably have me looking like this afterwards.....

tumblr_m0dno8Slf41rocbiao1_500.png

Actually if you attempt that, I can 100% confirm that bald eagles will appear at your windows, you'll have the urge to sing the US anthem and George Washington himself will materialize in your kitchen to thank you for your patriotism. As guaranteed as the freedom you get after eating McDonalds!

My pleasure! I hope you know I'm always reading along. even if I occasionally get behind on actually dropping a comment.

Don't apologise for what you wrote about AC Valhalla! If it pissed you off, then it pissed you off, it does seem as if Valhalla is almost all of Ubisofts game design issues, but magnified by about 300, so if anything they should be the ones apologising here! xD

Valhalla is truly the epitome of Ubisoft formula going mad stale, because all the issues are popping here. Ubisoft games are part of a dying "Open world empire" xD 

More details to come after I finish the Ragnarok DLC (after I return from my holiday)

21 hours ago, Slava said:

Same. I've heard different things about the canon status of MGR. Just googled again, and it's still not clear. I mainly see debates. Kojima would say something like "This game has a place on the Metal Gear timeline, but it's not part of the story told by me". Who knows what that really means.

HE JUST WANTS TO BAMBOOZLE PEOPLE! HAVE YOU SEEN HIS SMIRK? Kojima is a troll so big he lives under a bridge.

07b.jpg

21 hours ago, Slava said:

Don't know if it's Raiden's or not, but it's certainly someone's fever dream. And it should be regarded as such 1f601.png. Forget about the canon, dive into the meme zone, and have fun.

Yep agreed. This is the best description of the game, it's basically Metal Gear Shrooms with robots.

Nothing like a huge bald man with scissor blades saying "Kids are cruel Jack!!"

• Like 3

Those compendium versions are gorgeous, aren’t they?

I have the older hardback volumes, but I bought my sister those compendium versions for Christmas one year, and they’re awesome - that volume 3 Totenkinder / Darkman cover is dope!

Happy holidays mna!

PS. sorry to be the bearer of ill tidings… but Tekken 6 is a bit of a joke of a plat too

…and the reason you know it is…

… it’s a fighting game that I managed to plat! ?

Fun game though… (at least, from my decidedly inexpert, ill-informed about fighting games perspective!)

• Like 4