Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

There has been some reports as of why they don't do it...but I don't want to open that can of worms on my checklist xD 

Yep agreed with all of the above!

I admit, I played as Alexios in Odyssey and I loved him as well, BUT! I played Alexios as a belligerent drunk who goes Malaka mode across Greece - not your usual Assassin's Creed experience, but there's little AC left in that game anyway.

Also, while I liked Bayek as a protagonist...I so wanted to play as Aya/Amunet instead....

Good point - Aya would have been great - it's actually odd, now that I think about it, that they didn't do a dlc where you do play as her!

P.S. While female Eivor is the canonical character in Valhalla, Male Eivor has the superior voice actor by far. A soft spoken male viking voice works way better than a Malboro chain-smoking female viking when it comes to dialogue and diplomacy, and it shows.

Damn you! - that's gonna complicate my usual go-to choice, of "Always play as the woman"... especially in 3rd person.

As I always say, "If I'm going to stare at a backside for 100 hours, it might as well be the more shapely one"

I should rename my thread in "Copanele's collection of trophies and AC experiences" xD I could go on about assassin's creed for days...

?

• Like 1

I'll be attempting Nickelodeon shortly with a friend for the online trophies. I'm sure when Garfield popped up you were having flashbacks of Garfield Kart Racing :) I've never played Smash either so I'm eager to see how they play in comparison to 2D and 3D fighters. Great write-up as usual man, cannot wait to give DNG Duel a go but I have to actually buy the game first lol

• Like 1

Just now, LancashireLad87 said:

I'll be attempting Nickelodeon shortly with a friend for the online trophies. I'm sure when Garfield popped up you were having flashbacks of Garfield Kart Racing :) I've never played Smash either so I'm eager to see how they play in comparison to 2D and 3D fighters. Great write-up as usual man, cannot wait to give DNG Duel a go but I have to actually buy the game first lol

Yep that was exactly my reaction. When I showed it to my wife she was "OH NO NOT THE KARTING"

That game ruined more than one person xD 

And yes I can't wait to grab DNF Duel also, now with a comprehensible tutorial (because I had no idea what I was doing while playing in the Beta lol)

• Like 1

Congrats! I'm on the verge of platting the game (saving it for an event) and I agree with everything you said. The game is good for a palate cleaner and nothing more. I grew up watching some of the Nickelodeon shows and I can tell you that nostalgia does not save the game. Also, a faster way to get through Arcade Mode is to literally grab your opponent and jump off a cliff while holding them. xD 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats! I'm on the verge of platting the game (saving it for an event) and I agree with everything you said. The game is good for a palate cleaner and nothing more. I grew up watching some of the Nickelodeon shows and I can tell you that nostalgia does not save the game. Also, a faster way to get through Arcade Mode is to literally grab your opponent and jump off a cliff while holding them. xD 

Lmao I discovered grab exists when I played those sports modes. That would have been hilarious lol!! 

And yeah figured as much. No characters can save a game if they have no soul put in them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Copanele said:

Why do I do this? Well since I ..enjoy...like...ok OBSESS over Fromsoftware "Souls and Soulslike" games, I also like to employ the famous SL1 challenge. It's just for my personal satisfaction, since the platinum doesn't tickle my "git gud" need. Plus, it's actually fun to think which weapons are most viable against bosses and how to approach a run where everything can one shot you easily.

This speaks to me haha! I think there’s something beautiful in learning the inns and outs of every nook & cranny, every item, every attack pattern and truly mastering a game. Sometimes you just need to go old school and find ways to crank up that difficulty, manually, and play your own “git gud” kinda game! I salute this mind set all the way dude ?

Excellent work though mate and thank you for the tag! I look forward to following your progress on this challenge, also catching up on some of the incredible feats you’ve already achieved in these other fantastic games! So I appreciate you linking everything right here in this post!

As someone who often gets distracted doing crazy shit outside of trophies I can definitely see the passion you have for Souls! It’s pretty cool man! I’m very much looking forward to what you do on Sekiro next since as it’s the only FROM game that I currently have experience with, but, I can tell you it has definitely got my thirst going and I want to play many games in the genre! 

The fight was awesome btw. Just gets me hyped up to play Elden Ring!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

This speaks to me haha! I think there’s something beautiful in learning the inns and outs of every nook & cranny, every item, every attack pattern and truly mastering a game. Sometimes you just need to go old school and find ways to crank up that difficulty, manually, and play your own “git gud” kinda game! I salute this mind set all the way dude 1f44a.png

Excellent work though mate and thank you for the tag! I look forward to following your progress on this challenge, also catching up on some of the incredible feats you’ve already achieved in these other fantastic games! So I appreciate you linking everything right here in this post!

Many, many thanks :D that's the part that I love about this run, the fact that it quickly turns into a survival kind of game, trying desperately to figure out how to progress while monsters are after your ass, hungrier than ever. 

So far I think Bloodborne still takes the cake when it comes to difficulty, the BL4 run was insanely tough in the chalice dungeons, because Depth 5 chalices should be NG+3 level or something.

As someone who often gets distracted doing crazy shit outside of trophies I can definitely see the passion you have for Souls! It’s pretty cool man! I’m very much looking forward to what you do on Sekiro next since as it’s the only FROM game that I currently have experience with, but, I can tell you it has definitely got my thirst going and I want to play many games in the genre! 

You know, I might actually start Sekiro in parallel, because well, I can't consider it a Souls game.

I will do a regular Sekiro no health/posture bar run, not a gauntlet run, because I want to also defeat the special minibosses. Can't go all gangsta in that game without facing O'Rin of the Water. Or the final Seven Spear who has his captains with him xD it should be fun!

The fight was awesome btw. Just gets me hyped up to play Elden Ring!

Glad it gave you even more reasons to look forward to starting this amazing game :D 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 5:40 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Will Ubisoft's constant pumping and milking of DLC for AC Valhalla ever end? Find out next season when Copanele gets to play most of their insufferable glitchy challenges or their sleep-inducing new quests. xxD

Very late reply but considering my burnout for Odyssey, Valhalla is now easily twice the length. 

*sighs* I literally have a love/hate relationship with Assassin’s Creed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

If you continue playing Elden Ring until you are old, does that make you an Elden Copanele? :hmm:

Pretty sure I will become a true foul tarnished at that point? 

Elden Copanele does not sound too bad as a title either, lol! 

• Like 1

ugh Nickelodeon All Star Brawl isnt hard, really, but it just isnt enjoyable. I platted the ps5 version once it came free to plus. The lifeless arcade with all brawlers was sleep inducing. The online was a drag, and to think, i paid for this Day 1 on a whim because it had Ren and Stimpy. It was less than 12hr later i returned for refund with like 50% trophies or something.... until plus. Then it was just a grind. Yes they added voices, and items that RARELY spawned, but the stages themselves are way too small and recovering from being sent flying is way harder than it needed to be due to clunky controls.

I've toyed with the idea of 100% the ps4 version, but the monotony that comes with it.... not a god damn chance.

Congrats on that plat!

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 9:45 AM, Copanele said:

THE GOOD:

- Garfield is in the game and he throws cream pies.

- It's a PS+ game so it's for free

- It's fast to platinum

THE BAD:

- Boring

- long loading screens

- lame gameplay

- feels like a complete waste of time

Sooooo what your saying is.....it's not a Game of the Decade contender? lol

Nice review, really like the Good and Bad part at the end, nice to see those points clearly labelled. Also like the recommendations you do, it's a nice thought!

Still considering playing this, potentially boosting with @KindaSabbath. Bet it would add a lot to anyone's trophy checklist thread! lol

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

ugh Nickelodeon All Star Brawl isnt hard, really, but it just isnt enjoyable. I platted the ps5 version once it came free to plus. The lifeless arcade with all brawlers was sleep inducing. The online was a drag, and to think, i paid for this Day 1 on a whim because it had Ren and Stimpy. It was less than 12hr later i returned for refund with like 50% trophies or something.... until plus. Then it was just a grind. Yes they added voices, and items that RARELY spawned, but the stages themselves are way too small and recovering from being sent flying is way harder than it needed to be due to clunky controls.

I've toyed with the idea of 100% the ps4 version, but the monotony that comes with it.... not a god damn chance.

Congrats on that plat!

Oh man...getting it Day 1, that must have hurt xD it's good that you could refund it though. 

Nah, one stack is more than enough lol

14 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

Sooooo what your saying is.....it's not a Game of the Decade contender? lol

Nice review, really like the Good and Bad part at the end, nice to see those points clearly labelled. Also like the recommendations you do, it's a nice thought!

Still considering playing this, potentially boosting with @KindaSabbath. Bet it would add a lot to anyone's trophy checklist thread! lol

Yeah chances are it won't catch the podium ?

Thanks thanks! That good/bad part is the TL;DR of the post, if anyone doesn't have the mood to read :D 

Yeah, the good part is that the online section can be solved quickly. Game is pretty dead anyway so it should be easy.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Yeah chances are it won't catch the podium 1f602.png

Thanks thanks! That good/bad part is the TL;DR of the post, if anyone doesn't have the mood to read :D 

Yeah, the good part is that the online section can be solved quickly. Game is pretty dead anyway so it should be easy.

Haha!

Sometimes sadly I don't have time to read a big post so yeah the good/bad part is appreciated!

Indeed, keep umming and arrring about it tbh. We will see lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

Plan to do destroy all bosses in the SL1 run including Malenia?

* Me after being shafted 70+ times in a stupid cave in Atlus Plateau by miners and random skeletons *

200.gif

So far I got 17 bosses down, a +15 Zweihander, a +13 Morningstar and no Demigod killed xD 

31 minutes ago, Copanele said:

* Me after being shafted 70+ times in a stupid cave in Atlus Plateau by miners and random skeletons *

200.gif

I hated that place too, especially since I went Katana dex build. Good luck, record some of the crazier boss fights.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

I hated that place too, especially since I went Katana dex build. Good luck, record some of the crazier boss fights.

Yep RL1 build made me appreciate STR weapons more. Dex weapons just don't cut it in later levels. 

Also recording each of the 165 bosses, no matter how lame they are (even Soldier of Godrick xD ) I will do updates here every time I get one of the tough bastards though. 

15 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I can appreciate all the fun being had in this run so far, along with the ridiculousness of seeing the meme serpent boss destroyed while butt naked.

Also, seeing that Uchigatana brings out my inner Ken-sama.

8DWWlmW.jpg

Oh man this is just the beginning! There's so many dumb bosses along the way xD 

And yep, in all the Souls games, Uchigatana is still one of the best weapons. That picture you shared remembers me of a certain spiritual elk/moose that I have to defeat eventually :D 

Also I did some updates:

• Updated the boss counter to 53/165. I did progress quite a bit after all.
  • Added a "Map progression" in the spoilers in each post. I really hope the site fixed the spoilers tag and it can be opened.
  • Like 4