Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

16 hours ago, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 212 - DNF Duel

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1653595568

DNF Duel will suffer the same fate as Granblue Fantasy Versus.

Congrats! Your review actually made me pretty interested in the game until I got to this sentence lol. Will probably still play it at some point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats! Your review actually made me pretty interested in the game until I got to this sentence lol. Will probably still play it at some point.

Thanks! Nah unlike GBVS i would say DNF Duel is still worth a check. I meant that the game will fall into obscurity. 

10 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats! The game sounds as shitty as I thought it would be, but I'm still planning to play it for the announcer. :P

Hah the novelty of that announcer wore off mid-fight for me ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Copanele said:

I have played quite a few of these games back in the day (ranging from the classic Bloodrayne, God of War, Devil May Cry) to the more obscure ones that few heard of, such as Knights of the Temple or Enclave.

Well damn, you know about Enclave? I thought I was one of the few living beings left that had played that one too, lol. Talk about one heck of an obscure cult classic there. Haven't heard that name in ages, lmao. I had a blast playing it on my PC years ago. Not like it was the most competent hack n' slash of its time, but damn was it fun. Its fantasy setting was super formulaic, too, and had like zero originality, but holy hell did it click well and was fun to play for hours on end. You might be happy to hear about this, but I just learned that an HD remake WILL be coming to consoles soon. Here, check this out:

- https://www.psu.com/news/enclave-hd-is-now-bringing-classic-rpg-antics-to-ps4-in-summer-2022/

- https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10003459

- https://www.ziggurat.games/game/enclave

Looks like it's running somewhat late in its release, but hey, pretty cool.

As for the Darksiders write-up here, it was a good read. It seems like you had a blast playing with War in his quest. I remember trying out the demo for this one a long time ago on my PS3 and it never quite sit well with me. I don't quite remember why. I remember trying it out because people said it was like a mix between God of War and Zelda, of all things. Well, it really didn't feel like any of those two in the demo I tried, and ultimately, I just forgot about it. Your glowing review of the game here, though, has sort of rekindled my interest in it a little.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Well damn, you know about Enclave? I thought I was one of the few living beings left that had played that one too, lol. Talk about one heck of an obscure cult classic there. Haven't heard that name in ages, lmao. I had a blast playing it on my PC years ago. Not like it was the most competent hack n' slash of its time, but damn was it fun. Its fantasy setting was super formulaic, too, and had like zero originality, but holy hell did it click well and was fun to play for hours on end. You might be happy to hear about this, but I just learned that an HD remake WILL be coming to consoles soon. Here, check this out:

- https://www.psu.com/news/enclave-hd-is-now-bringing-classic-rpg-antics-to-ps4-in-summer-2022/

- https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10003459

- https://www.ziggurat.games/game/enclave

Looks like it's running somewhat late in its release, but hey, pretty cool.

Yoo, another Enclave player xD Yeah I played that stupid game quite a few times but just like you, I can't believe there's ANOTHER person who has played it :D 

I am DEFINITELY looking forward to a remake!

I have no idea why this game worked, but all I can remember is that the gameplay was mad satisfying.

4 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

As for the Darksiders write-up here, it was a good read. It seems like you had a blast playing with War in his quest. I remember trying out the demo for this one a long time ago on my PS3 and it never quite sit well with me. I don't quite remember why. I remember trying it out because people said it was like a mix between God of War and Zelda, of all things. Well, it really didn't feel like any of those two in the demo I tried, and ultimately, I just forgot about it. Your glowing review of the game here, though, has sort of rekindled my interest in it a little.

I think it's because of the very first level, it feels kinda generic/ Zelda metal, the game's prologue doesn't impress that much.

But once you get depowered (shockingly), it...actually starts to get better. It has a bit of a slow build-up but once it gets going then DAMN.

That oooorrrr. it might be a purely subjective view and the game actually sucks ass but I can't see it because I love being a Warcraft Beyblade in this game ?

• Like 2

On 15-1-2023 at 10:54 AM, Copanele said:

WARNING! This post will contain lite Darksider story spoilers!

At least it's not a fighting game this time xD 

:platinum: No. 214 - Darksiders Warmaster Edition

DS1_Horizontal-2560x1440-f66774d1e72fe2c34bcc01311d5f654e.jpg

Platinum Name - BFA 1Sad4957.png

Hardest Trophy - Aerial Predator 24Sea24b7.png Kill 160 enemies while on the Angelic Beast - because of the stupid aiming in this game

Difficulty - 3/10

At long last, a good Action/Hack&Slash game!

Action/H&S games are probably my favorite genre in the videogame realm. The 3D games where your proud main character is a warrior/swordsman/vampiress/Deus Vult ,goes through hordes of enemies and uses their souls/life essence to level up his/her moveset. The games where your proficiency and execution is rewarded instantly: The better you are at pressing the buttons, the more efficient you'll be, compared to RPGs where it focuses on your statistics and your relationships with other NPCs(probably).

I have played quite a few of these games back in the day (ranging from the classic Bloodrayne, God of War, Devil May Cry) to the more obscure ones that few heard of, such as Knights of the Temple or Enclave. Out of these, my favorite franchises are Devil May Cry and God of War, which I believe they are at the top of this specific genre and they evolved beautifully with each iteration. Yes technically God of War isn't a H&S anymore but heck you still have the absurd combat. Meanwhile DMC elevated this genre to almost perfection, with DMC5 being probably the best H&S game I have ever played.

Unfortunately...this genre doesn't have too many amazing entries. In fact, most of the H&S games are mediocre or good at best, which is truly a shame. In fact, in the latest years, the only truly amazing H&S that wasn't DMC or GoW was probably Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. I played Dante's Inferno but it felt like a bootleg God of War (not a bad game, just I've seen that before), Bayonetta could have been amazing if not for the stupid inclusion of bullet hell/wonky camera/mash-cause-it-will-work/gameplay that has no business in a H&S game,  and Castlevania Lords of Shadows....yeah ok that game was only a hack. So honestly my mood regarding this genre kinda soured ? it kinda sucks to love a genre where only some of the entries are truly exceptional (that or I am a picky bastard).

Also haven't played Ninja Gaiden yet, yes I know I'll take full responsibility xD my fault there

After playing Darksiders however...I felt relieved. There's still hope out there!

Another one small tidbit of information, because I feel excited about writing a game now, so you'll have to bear with me :D I think that in order for a H&S game to be successful, it must fulfill these conditions:

• Primary combat must always be melee (it IS called HACK&SLASH after all)
  • You level up/buy skills, not stat points
  • You must have a lot of flashy moves at your disposal, for each situation
  • Enemies must be varied and challenging, however they must NOT have attacks that screw your momentum (e.g. not like DMC4 enemies that autoattack you). That includes boss battles.
  • Compelling characters, because they will stick with you for the duration of the game
  • Simple yet effective story
  • Sick soundtrack

Of course, this is a list of what I think it's most important xD I am glad to say that Darksiders 1 kinda checks them all and it even excels in some areas.

ONTO THE GAME NOW, RUIN!

As mentioned by the super lengthy intro, Darksiders is an Action Hack&Slash game where you control one of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, War. It is foretold that once the seven seals break, the horns of the Apocalypse will sound and the horsemen will descend upon the earth to battle with the forces of Heaven, Hell and Mankind.

Obviously, the horns are called (else why would you play this?) and War appears, slaying everything in his path with the sole purpose of being the employee of the month. Except...both angels are demons are confused, since the Seventh and last Seal has not been broken. War, apparently breaking the Apocalypse rules, is depowered and punished by the entity responsible to keep balance between the realms, The Charred Council. Severally weakened and "slightly" pissed off, War's job is now to find out who broke the rules of war (heh) and started the Apocalypse before the allotted time.

I think the biggest surprise I had with this game was the premise. I did not expect it to be so goddamn good. Normally, even in DMC and GoW(The Greek Saga) games, the story is pretty simple - kill x and figure shit out. It's the characters that drive the plot forward and make the games interesting from a narrative standpoint. Here however, the actual mystery of WHO DID IT? is what kept me interested, I always wanted to go back to more Darksiders and figure out what's going on. It's not a complex story by any means, the final reveal even made me go "...oh, makes sense", but the entire build up of slowly building up the puzzle while also not taking itself too seriously made it for a very fun ride.

But of course, the game is also driven by its characters and oh boy these are quite the characters! First off is the main man, War, voiced by none other than the great Liam O'Brien (Akihiko English VA in Persona, Grimoire Weiss in NieR). He perfectly encapsulates the serious and efficient protagonist who you should never ever mess with.

War is truly an embodiment of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, a true neutral character, he does his job and punishes those who try to mess up with him. However he is not a mindless brute, given by his various choices and questionings during the story.

His design also reminds me of Arthas the Lich King from Warcraft 3/WoW, so he definitely looks like a certified badass xD 

yuan-shing-sketch-2.jpg?1482464105

Seriously, WHY would anyone want to mess around with this guy?

War isn't alone in his quest for justice. Since he "technically" screwed up, the Council assign him a jailer called The Watcher who is also voiced by Mark Hamill of all people. Obviously this Watcher sounds like the Joker, so it was pretty funny to slay monsters while Mark Hamill hissing in my ear, almost saying "Bats" instead of War. You also encounter the demonic merchant Vulgrim who will trade you abilities in exchange for souls (game's currency), you will have periodical fights with the last forces of Heaven led by Uriel and try to bring up as many demonic hearts to Samael, an imprisoned demon who challenged the leadership of the main demon antagonist. They are quite well written and all of them are central to the plot, no character is left behind.

Now to get to the actually fun part - THE GAMEPLAY

What truly grasped my attention in Darksiders is the gameplay, or rather the way War controls and fights. For example, in Devil May Cry, everything is about style, finesse, how Wacky Wohoo Pizza time can Dante get with his enemies while also spitting one liners. In God of War, everything is about brutality, your aim is to maim, how many limbs per second can Kratos tear, because he is an angry bald man with a quest for vengeance and ZUUS. The way both Dante and Kratos fight in their respective franchises is a mirror of their personalities.

In Darksiders, War is all about efficiency. He is War personified, a Horseman who dealt with fights for millennias. There's no wasted movements, no flips and dips, no gory heads ripped (unless an enemy REALLY pisses him off), he's precise and deadly. His combat moveset isn't too flashy, but man it's super effective, especially the moments when the game throws hordes of enemies at you. Your main weapon of choice is the Chaoseater, a huge sword that increases in efficiency the more you use it. You have the textbook 4 hits combo, a launcher, an air combo, a "Stinger" (you thrust your sword into the enemies), an attack that hits the enemies behind you and...that's kinda it. Yet none of the moves feels useless, there's a move for every situation.

The game also features a lock-on mechanic, if you wish to focus on one enemy. Other than being helpful with bosses...not sure why this was implemented xD because locking on a particular enemy will only hinder your ability to deal with crowds.

The Chaoseater isn't the only thing War can use however. You can also buy a Scythe as a support weapon which helps you deal with bigger crowds and reap additional souls from them. You also receive a gauntlet which is useful for powerful punches. You also get upgraded with various little tools, ranging from a throwing disc/shuriken to a grappling hook, an actual gun and ...a portal gun. Yeah, War really has quite a great arsenal at his disposal.

When a sword doesn't quite cut it...you can even use pieces of environment, such as benches, trash cans and cars.

RaggedSorrowfulBarnacle-size_restricted.

Hey, if it works, it works!

The game is not all about hacking and slashing, War needs to fight with his brain too from time to time. The puzzles in this game are actually well thought, but also simple enough as to not detract from the actual flow of the game. Too many times the games in this genre make the mistake to put some stupid ass puzzle that makes you groan and ask when can you get to the next fighting segment (the dice puzzle from DMC4 for those who know). In Darksiders the puzzles feel like a nice break from the mayhem, especially when you get your hands on the Voidwalker, which really makes you thank Lord Gaben for creating Portal xD 

Now, there's not to say that the game is perfect. Probably the weaker point of the game are the enemies...they are really easy to beat. Even on Apocalyptic difficulty, the enemies drop like flies before your might. This might be also because of my personal experience with the genre, but I never had a serious challenge in the entire game, especially given how overpowered War can get.

Also with 2 exceptions, all the bosses are basically puzzle fights, where you have to figure out the weak spot and abuse it. Not major defects, but it could have improved the game.

The actual headache of the game is collecting every shit available. This is linked to the trophy list, where you basically have to max out War and get all the collectibles. Collectibles that aren't easily trackable, since the game doesn't tell you which collectibles you've missed and on which maps. You do get an item later in the game that shows you an unpicked collectible on the map you are currently on, BUT you still have to travel on every map and squint at the screen in the search for that stupid chest that you've missed during your playthrough. The whole backtracking was a legit pain in the ass and I can't say I actually enjoyed it, especially since some maps are really complex and roundabout-y (is that a word?) Damn, those Wrath cores were a goddamn pain to get. Would it kill them to put an actual collectible map in the game?

But overall, this has been an amazing game. Probably it was because I am also missing good games from the genre, but Darksiders is a really great experience. 

Really looking forward to the second entry in the series, although I heard that the collectible hunt is even worse there xD Joy!

THE GOOD:

• Hack&Slash done right
  • War is an amazing protagonist
  • Voice acting is top quality
  • Efficient gameplay, that doesn't waste your time
  • The game feels unique enough in the seas of GoW/DMC copies
  • You can throw cars at demons

THE BAD:

• Not really that difficult
  • Great boss design, not that great gameplay design
  • The damn collectibles were a pain in the ass

RECOMMENDATION - DEVIL MAY CRY HD COLLECTION XbWAdmgH733ubAtOtlzedbqi1E7DgFZZ.png Especially the first one, I felt that Darksiders had more in common with DMC than GoW. Especially that sweet Stinger and launcher attack :D 

i got the whole saga from devil may cry 1 until 5 congrats with your darksiders platinum trophie and reaching that amount of platinum trophies is very nice good luck with the rest of your games 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats! I thought the combat in the old GoW games was amazing, but the puzzles turned me off from the series. I'm glad to read that Darksiders doesn't have that issue (at least not as much; I'd rather zero puzzles lol). Gonna wishlist this one

Oh, Darksiders has quite a few puzzles. The difference is that they are GOOD puzzles (no spike floor type of puzzles)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Besides Ryuko and Satsuki (the ladies on the cover), we have other weirdos who I will just describe because my god their names: A dude who is in a golem suit and gets powerful by whipping himself, another dude who likes to pose and throw data bytes at people, a girl who has a subwoofer on her hat and shoots pink lasers, Satsuki's mom who is a big badonkers lady with rainbow hair and OHOHOHO laugh, another shrimp who throws umbrellas and dolls at people... an entire menagerie of idiots. 

Among them however, it's the best girl of the game, probably the anime and one of the best in fighting games surprisingly - Mako Mankanshoku (I ain't writing that again).

So this girl is the best friend/sidekick of Ryuko and she is the embodiment of Chaos. She is a constant 4th wall breaker and most of the time it's a wonder how she is still alive. This is reflected in her gameplay as well, where she throws random punches, kicks, explosive croquettes(????) and summons the power of her mother and rambling to power herself up. I've never seen a character like this before (except probably Deadpool in MvC3, where he can beat you with your own life bar). And I swear, she alone saves the entire game.

Thank you, Japan. And please, never change. That's all I have to say about what I just read.

56 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Recommendation - Kill la Kill the Anime

It's been on my watch list forever, but I have yet to see it. Good reminder ?.

Studio Trigger is pretty big now. And AFAIK, Kill La Kill was one of the titles that put them on the map. I've heard about this anime's unique style, inventive animation, and overall craziness. 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2023 at 3:36 AM, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 215 - Street Fighter x Tekken

220px-SF-X-Tekken_box_art.jpg

Man, the online for this was annoying. I don't understand how we could never match in arcade mode, but I was able to match with someone in Germany. Thanks again for the boost.

I was excited to go back to this game (played it like 10 years ago before I was a trophy hunter) but after reading your review, I'm dreading it lol. That grind looks abysmal. Also, surprised you Yubered the story. ?

15 hours ago, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 216 - Kill la Kill: IF

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1671009179

I really felt like this game had potential, but the controls were so bad IMO. Like you said, the lack of a lock-on button was very frustrating when dealing with multiple targets.

Congrats on both plats!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 216 - Kill la Kill: IF

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1671009179

I think the best way to describe Kill la Kill IF is "Guilty Pleasure". Really I have no idea why I liked this game, by all accounts I should hate it. But ...it's so random...so stupid...so flashy...so fleshy1f60f.png ... that I couldn't help but get enthralled by it. Yes, it's recycled plastic in terms of fighting game quality, but damn if it didn't hit good. Plus I paid $2 on it, it was MASSIVELY DISCOUNTED so I really have 0 regrets with it.

First of all, congrats! Second, I played it on PC cause smashing buttons on PC just hits different and as a weeb and simple woman, I see boobs, I click, but the short campaign and literally zero depth made it a "meh" game even tho I loved the anime. And indeed, its recycled plastic ? but I'm so glad to hear that you only paid 2$.

The only thing worth my time was the final boss and I don't even know why

anyway... MEN! DO! KOTE!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Man, the online for this was annoying. I don't understand how we could never match in arcade mode, but I was able to match with someone in Germany. Thanks again for the boost.

I was excited to go back to this game (played it like 10 years ago before I was a trophy hunter) but after reading your review, I'm dreading it lol. That grind looks abysmal. Also, surprised you Yubered the story. 1f602.png

Yeah for some reason the story caught me xD or at least for SOME characters (screw Zangief and Rufus lol)

5 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

I really felt like this game had potential, but the controls were so bad IMO. Like you said, the lack of a lock-on button was very frustrating when dealing with multiple targets.

Congrats on both plats!

I just buckled up and pressed random buttons. Found it interesting that holding Right on the left stick + square yielded the best combos. It didn't make sense at all but heck, nothing did xD 

42 minutes ago, Puppeter04 said:

First of all, congrats! Second, I played it on PC cause smashing buttons on PC just hits different and as a weeb and simple woman, I see boobs, I click, but the short campaign and literally zero depth made it a "meh" game even tho I loved the anime. And indeed, its recycled plastic 1f602.png but I'm so glad to hear that you only paid 2$.

The only thing worth my time was the final boss and I don't even know why

I can relate to that sentiment ?

But really I think one of the best parts for me was Ryuko's voice actress. Somehow that woman had such an unique voice, rough and "imma fuck you up" in Japanese form, especially when I used her ranged super attack, she charged her shit harder than Goku charging kamehamehas!

But yeah I would have been really annoyed had I paid more than $2 on this. Really zero depth and no learning curve (despite the character curves)

42 minutes ago, Puppeter04 said:

anyway... MEN! DO! KOTE!

That was one of the weirdest opponents i ever faced in the game. I either slammed him or got slammed by him xD 

• Like 1

Awesome work completing yet another ArcSys game, Copanele. Way to go! =D

Have both of these Chaos Code games (I think...may need to double-check on that...) and yeah, they look like fire. I remember seeing some gameplay the other time and it looked sick. Not sure which version I'll tackle first but I'm sure they're both going to be awesome. ^^

Although, which version would you say is more challenging out of the two? I see they both have that dreaded Survival Mode clear. My guess is that this PS3 is harder, but who knows, maybe they're both the same in that regard.

On 25/1/2023 at 4:15 AM, Copanele said:

P.S. Rui is still the best character in the game design wise 1f60c.png for obvious reasons. 

E2NfxagUcAQOnzJ.jpg

Makoto...Is that you? O.O

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Awesome work completing yet another ArcSys game, Copanele. Way to go! =D

Have both of these Chaos Code games (I think...may need to double-check on that...) and yeah, they look like fire. I remember seeing some gameplay the other time and it looked sick. Not sure which version I'll tackle first but I'm sure they're both going to be awesome. ^^

Although, which version would you say is more challenging out of the two? I see they both have that dreaded Survival Mode clear. My guess is that this PS3 is harder, but who knows, maybe they're both the same in that regard.

Personally I'd say that PS3 is way more challenging, despite PS4 one having more stuff to do in it (a Mission mode with various tasks). Dying at stage 28 in a 30 survival matches is pretty ok, but dying at stage 50 out of 50...hurts abit more xD 

Also on PS4 Survival mode, I felt that only fights 27-28-29-30 were tough. On PS3 every fight can go wrong randomly.

4 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Makoto...Is that you? O.O

Oh Makoto is in danger to be removed from "best girl slot" in this thread xD 

I really need to create a gif, because if you think Rui looks good...wait until you see her idle animation ?

• Like 2

Congrats!

On 25/01/2023 at 3:15 AM, Copanele said:

1f4af.pngNo. 55 - Chaos Code (PS3)

Chaos_Code_Cover_Art.png

I already found 30 (was it 30?) very difficult in the PS4 version. Big respect for doing 50.

Also I fully agree: Hermes and especially Rui are insanely hot.

On 30/01/2023 at 4:38 AM, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 217 - Dead or School

H2x1_NSwitch_DeadOrSchool_image1600w.jpg

I'm planning to play this one soon too. Between yours and @AihaLoveleaf's review, the plot seems so stupid yet I really want to see it for some reason lol. Mainly excited for the gameplay though; gives me Mega Man Zero vibes.

On 03/02/2023 at 6:48 PM, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 218 - Wildcat Gun Machine

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1658915404

What the fuck did I just read? xD

Edited by Yuber6969
  • Like 2

On 2/4/2023 at 11:18 AM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I'll stick to Dead Ops Arcade for my bullet hell game fix 1f609.png

I'll stick to fighting against Ryu hadoken spammers for my bullet hell game fix ?

Bullet Hell games really ain't for me

2 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats!

I already found 30 (was it 30?) very difficult in the PS4 version. Big respect for doing 50.

Also I fully agree: Hermes and especially Rui are insanely hot.

Big thanks. Yeah I hope this game gets resurrected, because damn there's some fine girl characters in this game ?

I'm planning to play this one soon too. Between yours and @AihaLoveleaf's review, the plot seems so stupid yet I really want to see it for some reason lol. Mainly excited for the gameplay though; gives me Mega Man Zero vibes.

YOU HAVE TO!
The plot is dumb but like, it's not "man what is this crap" kind of plot, it's the kind of silly plot that works xD 

Thoroughly recommending it. Both you and Honor need to get to it ASAP :D 

What the fuck did I just read? xD

I WISH I WAS JOKING IN THAT REVIEW.

It's one of my more serious reviews, THAT'S HOW THE GAME IS ?

• Like 4

On 1/30/2023 at 3:38 AM, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 217 - Dead or School

H2x1_NSwitch_DeadOrSchool_image1600w.jpg

Glad you ended up enjoying it. Anybody receptive to weeby games that is seeing this review should put Dead or School on their wishlist. It scratches the itch for looting action, and the plot is surprisingly decent, which makes sense when you realize the source material is a manga that is rather grim in nature. 

• Like 4