Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

14 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

I got excited, then sad, then horrified for you. I'm sorry man, that's some shit1f614.png

Yeah that was pretty much my experience. When I did the online first, the game didn't look so bad, I was "heh, this one is a freebie"

Then I actually played the game...the pain, the horrors, the framerate drops...

The weirdest part is, the game wouldn't technically be bad, if it wouldn't give me vertigo each time I started a fight. But just like the actual Dragon Ball story, it's all about the fights, not logic/camera/consistency xD 

8 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

Soooooo... play it?

By all means, go ahead! I ain't paying for the medication though ?

Just to add, I believe this game is still better than Catherine. But only because it's a fighting game xD 

"Days without crapping on Catherine" counter has been successfully reset once again ?

• Like 3

Big congrats for this plat! You always made this game sound like such a pain, but now that I've read about it in detail... holy shit.

Now I can say it's unlikely that I'll ever play this one, despite eventually wanting to play all of the Dragon Ball games. That three-star system sounds so tedious, and that alone makes me not want to play.

But all of the RNG stuff and the All Ruined trophy seal the deal for me; I'm not touching this shit.

Let me know if you pick up another PS3 DB game. I'll pick it up and boost it with you as long as it's not as bad as this one lol.

Edited by Yuber6969
Typo
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

Big congrats for this plat! You always made this game sound like such a pain, but now that I've read about it in detail... holy shit.

Now I can say it's unlikely that I'll ever play this one, despite eventually wanting to play all of the Dragon Ball games. That three-star system sounds so tedious, and that alone makes me not want to play.

But all of the RNG stuff and the All Ruined trophy seal the deal for me; I'm not touching this shit.

Let me know if you pick up another PS3 DB game. I'll pick it up and boost it with you as long as it's not as bad as this one lol.

Big thanks! And yep, if I ever want to play another DB game on PS3 (not sure why i would do that but hey you never know with me), I will let you know!

And yep...honestly I would have recommended you this game if it wasn't for the RNG bullshit and absolutely abysmal grind that you have to do. Really, the difficulty itself would be at most a 4/10, the AI is mad stupid even in Extreme Battles. But having to waste 10+ hours for a stupid Guard Break in a time attack mode....

You're better off playing other games ?

• Like 1

On 04/03/2023 at 7:48 PM, Copanele said:

#No. 222 - Dragon Ball Raging Blast

Dragon_Ball_Raging_Blast.PNG

Niiice, the beast has been tamed! ? Been meaning to comment on here sooner. It's been a... blast... seeing you play DB Raging Blast and getting through the hellish nightmare that is the platinum trophy for this one!

On 04/03/2023 at 7:48 PM, Copanele said:

This is a heavy RNG based trophy, because you can be damn sure that the CPU will NOT act as you expect. Out of my 70+ tries for this damn trophy, over half of them were failed because I could not land a damn guard crush, the enemy would JUST NOT BLOCK!!!AT ALL! It made me want to throw the disc at some point.

Here's where you made a mistake. Games are of course just bunches of code... Until you pray that you need it to act a certain way, in which case it becomes a sentient being that can smell fear. That leads to a lot of the allure that comes to this specific game; playing it casually (but not so casually that you want it to do what you want) is also a gamble since 99% of the game you NEED that darn AI to sit down and behave ?

And of course, no playable Mr. Satan, but he IS the strongest fighter in the universe so it'd be unfair!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

Niiice, the beast has been tamed! 1f602.png Been meaning to comment on here sooner. It's been a... blast... seeing you play DB Raging Blast and getting through the hellish nightmare that is the platinum trophy for this one!

Here's where you made a mistake. Games are of course just bunches of code... Until you pray that you need it to act a certain way, in which case it becomes a sentient being that can smell fear. That leads to a lot of the allure that comes to this specific game; playing it casually (but not so casually that you want it to do what you want) is also a gamble since 99% of the game you NEED that darn AI to sit down and behave 1f605.png

OF COURSE! You are right! It's similar to the moments when I want to save a Word document while I am in a hurry or I wish to print something important on my printer that printed 1000+ pages without a single issue. 

The moment the machines feel fear they initiate the Sarah Connor directive and sabotage me at every step. That applies to games as well ?

Goddamnit, I played myself

47 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

And of course, no playable Mr. Satan, but he IS the strongest fighter in the universe so it'd be unfair!

Sadly I doubt they had the budget to add that kind of MANLINESS in the game :( 

dragon-ball-z-mr-satan-vs-cell-h9c7bgm5y

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 9:18 AM, Copanele said:

#No. 222 - Dragon Ball Raging Blast

I tucked myself into bed last night and started to read, I was sooooooo excited when I saw it was my time to laugh. 

HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how much hair you have but maybe getting a buzz cut honoring your Balkan origins would be a good idea to not lose it in times of frustration...?

Congrats on getting this out of the way, I had a blast reading it! Still waiting for Catherin tho, I wanna laugh again ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Puppeter04 said:

I tucked myself into bed last night and started to read, I was sooooooo excited when I saw it was my time to laugh. 

HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how much hair you have but maybe getting a buzz cut honoring your Balkan origins would be a good idea to not lose it in times of frustration...1f602.png

Oh dear god no, I can't handle the insult of wearing that kind of haircut ? I already disappointed my Balkan brethren for not enjoying FIFA or Mortal Kombat, so I'll pile up one more disappointment for them!

Congrats on getting this out of the way, I had a blast reading it! Still waiting for Catherin tho, I wanna laugh again 1f61c.png

Oh damn...Catherine....that one would be a review for the ages.

IF I ever finish it.

fuck that game

On 05/03/2023 at 2:58 PM, Puppeter04 said:

Congrats on getting this out of the way, I had a blast reading it! Still waiting for Catherin tho, I wanna laugh again 1f61c.png

I often check back in here hoping for that review, even just a single extra trophy obtained. One day!!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Eqill5 said:

I often check back in here hoping for that review, even just a single extra trophy obtained. One day!!

I already have a huge list of people I need to tag once I platinum that game. IF I platinum that game xD 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I already have a huge list of people I need to tag once I platinum that game. IF I platinum that game xD 

"IF IF IF"?, let's do something

I'll plat Catherine FB (it's not gonna be soon, you can breath), IF and this one is the important IF, if I do it before you do, you'll pay for my coffee that day ? deal? 

5 hours ago, Puppeter04 said:

"IF IF IF"1f44a.png, let's do something

I'll plat Catherine FB (it's not gonna be soon, you can breath), IF and this one is the important IF, if I do it before you do, you'll pay for my coffee that day 1f60a.png deal? 

The F(ull)B(ullshit) version is cheating ?? but lmao ok, you getting through that pain is worth a coffee exchange lol!

....how much coffee do you drink daily? Should I take a loan in advance? ?

Also before people going "yey free Starbucks", I ain't buying coffee to anyone else, go brew your own!

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

The F(ull)B(ullshit) version is cheating 1f602.png1f602.png but lmao ok, you getting through that pain is worth a coffee exchange lol!

....how much coffee do you drink daily? Should I take a loan in advance? 1f602.png

Also before people going "yey free Starbucks", I ain't buying coffee to anyone else, go brew your own!

You know i don't have my PS3 here!!! But if I get it, I'll play its version instead or even better, both versions, i don't think is gonna be worse than a huge ubi grind or that time I platted Sound Shapes (my masochist self took the lead, never again)

We are in Europe, coffee is less than 2 bucks and Starbucks is too much for me so no loans needed ? i usually drink twice, the first one, I brew it at home so I'm happy with the second one being paid? 

Edited by Puppeter04
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Puppeter04 said:

You know i don't have my PS3 here!!! But if I get it, I'll play its version instead or even better, both versions, i don't think is gonna be worse than a huge ubi grind or that time I platted Sound Shapes (my masochist self took the lead, never again)

Ehehehehe...he....he...I think it will quite a bit different from collecting chests and cockades with Arno xD 

But pain is subjective. Apparently people really loved this game (for some reason ?)

9 hours ago, Puppeter04 said:

We are in Europe, coffee is less than 2 bucks and Starbucks is too much for me so no loans needed 1f602.png i usually drink twice, the first one, I brew it at home so I'm happy with the second one being paid1f60c.png 

WHEW! I was worried you're like one of my friends who needs 3 coffees in the morning just to wake up. And that's morning ONLY!

Hell yeah, coffee treat it is!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Copanele said:

Yakuza 5 turned out to be a huge disappointment for me.

5 hours ago, Copanele said:

How is that related to the main plot?????

ShallowIncredibleHerring-size_restricted

From my point of view, all of your pain was worth it, because it resulted in myself being able to read this fantastic review. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

From my point of view, all of your pain was worth it, because it resulted in myself being able to read this fantastic review. 1f602.png

Hah, at least i don't feel like i wasted an entire day collecting BALLS in Pachinko anymore ?. 

I went straight into Yakuza 6, hearing that it's not that great. 1 kicked goon and 1 happy toddler later....yeah I think I will love this game. 

I simply can't get along with the Yakuza (games) community ??

• Like 1

Sir, you started Y6 about two days ago and you're half way there, are you in a rush? I'm excited cuz that means another Yakuza review and I LOVE reading them and also excited to see how the ranking ends up after you're done! Good luck.

After finishing this and Y: Like a Dragon (I hope), I can literally see your face if SEGA dares to release a Y7 or something:

tenor.gif?itemid=13823736

Any other big/long/HUGE sagas in mind? I'd only be surprised if you do them back to back tho ? that's when you'll earn my respect

• Like 1

Sir, you started Y6 about two days ago and you're half way there, are you in a rush? I'm excited cuz that means another Yakuza review and I LOVE reading them and also excited to see how the ranking ends up after you're done! Good luck.

Oh yeah, Yakuza 6....I was planning to take my time with it but I didn't take into consideration that the story is so damn good, I ended up blitzing through half of the story just because I wanted to know what's happening :D 

I did ignore quite a few sidequests/activities, I should get back to them...just after I see one more plot twist xD 

As for ranking...so far it's definitely higher than Yakuza 5 ?

After finishing this and Y: Like a Dragon (I hope), I can literally see your face if SEGA dares to release a Y7 or something:

tenor.gif?itemid=13823736

Oh No is already underway...here's the rest of the games that I have to play from this series/made by this company:

Yakuza LAD (Yakuza 7)

Judgment

Lost Judgment

Like a Dragon Ishin

Like a Dragon Gaiden (not released yet, it's your Yakuza 6.5 actually ?)

Yakuza 8 (not released yet, the continuation of Yakuza LAD)

So I can say that...I barely did more than half of the games xD  

Any other big/long/HUGE sagas in mind? I'd only be surprised if you do them back to back tho 1f62c.png that's when you'll earn my respect

Sadly no huge sagas in mind, no respect earned :(:( 

What I plan are the following (more or less)

PS5 -> Grab Demon Souls Remake -> Grab DMC5 -> Grab Horizon Forbidden West -> Grab Diablo 2

Diablo 2 in itself would be the equivalent of an Uncharted series in terms of time investment xD 

5 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Oh yeah, Yakuza 6....I was planning to take my time with it but I didn't take into consideration that the story is so damn good, I ended up blitzing through half of the story just because I wanted to know what's happening :D 

I did ignore quite a few sidequests/activities, I should get back to them...just after I see one more plot twist xD 

As for ranking...so far it's definitely higher than Yakuza 5 1f602.png

Oh No is already underway...here's the rest of the games that I have to play from this series/made by this company:

Yakuza LAD (Yakuza 7)

Judgment

Lost Judgment

Like a Dragon Ishin

Like a Dragon Gaiden (not released yet, it's your Yakuza 6.5 actually 1f602.png)

Yakuza 8 (not released yet, the continuation of Yakuza LAD)

PS5 -> Grab Demon Souls Remake -> Grab DMC5 -> Grab Horizon Forbidden West -> Grab Diablo 2

Diablo 2 in itself would be the equivalent of an Uncharted series in terms of time investment xD 

I said 7 cause I'm not counting spin-offs with numbers but damn I completely forgot about Judgment and the other 2 LADs, and I even wrote an article about Pierre Taki's arrest when Judgment was taken out of the Japanese market ? too many games in my head... Tho I'm glad this is not the account I used as part of my job back then otherwise I wouldn't even wanna look at the backlog, it'd be freaking huge. 

Sounds like a plan, a good one tho! you're gonna play Diablo lV after that? cause it's just around the corner 

Sounds like a plan, a good one tho! you're gonna play Diablo lV after that? cause it's just around the corner 

I...do not know. If it's anything like Diablo 3 then hell no. Diablo 3 was a massive disappointment for me ? it completely failed to see the reason why Diablo 2 was so beloved.

I might go for Path of Exile instead...that one looks very good.

On 3/22/2023 at 0:43 PM, Copanele said:

WARNING - the following post will have quite a number of possible spoilers about Yakuza 5. I can't really talk about this game without giving away some plot points so...read at your own risk xD 

:platinum: No. 223 - Yakuza 5

apps.59835.13665499948454255.6c2e1d5c-1a06-4839-a773-4e814ef1ff4b.5c7bcc07-4aa6-4f29-b669-bb449005db87

Platinum Name - The Dream, Fulfilled 1S08e4c9.png

Possible yakuza 5 spoiler but prob not.

Spoiler

Just beat this game and was like ok the dude you referenced in the picture was around for a while and this ending is actually pretty awesome....until I got to the end and was like wtf is this jabroni?

Edited by Grotz99
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

Possible yakuza 5 spoiler but prob not.

Reveal hidden contents

Just beat this game and was like ok the dude you referenced in the picture was around for a while and this ending is actually pretty awesome....until I got to the end and was like wtf is this jabroni?

Hah precisely that. There's even that dialogue:

Kiryu: "What are you doing here?"

Random whatever:"To be honest I am not really sure myself"

That exchange mirrored my feels about the game. Truly peak writing. 

But on the other hand, I had maxed out tiger drop so I just R1+triangle the entire rest of the game ? I had more challenge from Air Hockey than from the boss(es)

• Like 1