Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

53 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

As I told you over on Discord, man, superb work on completing the BlazBlue series. That's one of my goals right there. A goal I'll get to finish at some point but a goal no less, lol. Should try GG in there as well because that series is sweet as well but I want to focus on the BB world first before moving over to that one. These games were truly one-of-a-kind for their time and I love how both BB & GG pretty much embody the spirit of outlandish fighting games that actually kick ass with solid mechanics that Darkstalkers pretty much had back in its day. I mean, they all have bountiful female characters one can't help but salivate over as well. ;D

I really am sad that I finished this series, if I think about it Blazblue really influenced a lot of stuff (including that particular Discord server ?)

You really should return to them whenever you have the chance, not only you have the Shaolin Monk level of mental fortitude...you also have what to admire :> :> :> 

53 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Anyways, quite a trip you had. Especially since you started playing them in reverse order. One has to start from top to bottom but you went the other way around, my man, driving on the wrong side of the freeway, lol. But you still got to experience the whole series and kick ass it while doing so, and that's what matters in the end. No matter if the game was hard or easy, new or old, you succeeded at going through the whole thing. Great work! ^^

Now, all that's left is... finding a Vita and conquering the world of portable BlazBlue as well. \8D/ You know you want to. =P

I would gladly get a Vita...if it was easy to find...and easy to modify...and cheap...and actually no I won't bother xD had enough Blazbluing on main consoles, no need for the pocket edition (can't admire Makoto's...level 3 charges....as well on a Vita)

• Like 2

But.. but... It doesn't sound like you're bad at the game. 3-4 hours to unlock everything is fine, I think ?.

The first time I played it on PC, I don't think I even unlocked all time trials. On PS3, I don't remember how much time it took, because I was switching between the story and the trials. But it was probably comparable to your numbers. And I wouldn't say I suck at jumping games ?. Well, I haven't played many first-person ones, but still.

8 hours ago, Copanele said:

If you jump even ONE STEP in the wrong direction, your main protagonist Faith will go WHEEEE off the building. Angle the wallrun in a wrong way? Faith will either grab the wall (how????) or hop like a frog and wall splat, forcing me to restart because I missed a ton of precious moments. The especially egregious moments were when I had to jump on those launching pads, Faith would simply vault them. 

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU VAULT THE SHIT MADE ESPECIALLY FOR JUMPING?

? Oh yes. Dude, I hated that some of the walls, like metal panels or something, were grabbable (is that a word?) where you had to wallrun. And it's more frustrating and also funny when you want her to just fall down and respawn, but she grabs some freaking metal pipe on the way down ?. And yeah, same with the steps for launching and her jumping over.

I don't dislike the control scheme nor the way Faith moves. But some things like action detection could've been more tweaked, I guess. Some moves do depend on the angle of your camera, and screw you over because of it. You only realise your angle was slightly off when this happens, even if it didn't feel wrong.

9 hours ago, Copanele said:

Will definitely give this game a go in the future, but I really need a relaxing break after (only) two trophies.

One thing is for sure, I will never approach a platformer in my life xD I have learned my lesson, sometimes it's best to just let go. Jumping ain't for everybody :( 

I wonder about the difference for you between platformer challenges and fighting challenges. There were challenges in fighting games where you had to restart dozens of times, right? But you didn't feel like you were failing. Is it a matter of being used to one genre more that makes the same thing feel different? Or maybe enjoyment matters too. Anyway, is it a fair comparison? Sorry if this was asked before ?.

If I may to go a bit off topic, I've been playing Crash Bandicoot 3 recently, the original version. Got 105% completion already, now I'm trying to get as many platinum relics in time trials as possible. Bruh. If the remastered version had a trophy for all platinum times, it would've had an ultra rare plat, easily. The list as it is now, is actually very good ?.

• Like 4

Your writing is so damn entertaining (as always!) Copanele! I've had my own share of tears and frustration with Mirror's Edge. Not so much the Platinum itself, but those DLC trophies you mention, which were just evil.

Congrats on your 200th Platinum btw! I'm slowly getting there myself.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Slava said:

But.. but... It doesn't sound like you're bad at the game. 3-4 hours to unlock everything is fine, I think 1f44d.png.

The first time I played it on PC, I don't think I even unlocked all time trials. On PS3, I don't remember how much time it took, because I was switching between the story and the trials. But it was probably comparable to your numbers. And I wouldn't say I suck at jumping games 1f601.png. Well, I haven't played many first-person ones, but still.

Yes it does look like a classic "practice until your thumbs bleed" case ... but it really feels that there's no progress really xD 

1f601.png Oh yes. Dude, I hated that some of the walls, like metal panels or something, were grabbable (is that a word?) where you had to wallrun. And it's more frustrating and also funny when you want her to just fall down and respawn, but she grabs some freaking metal pipe on the way down 1f602.png. And yeah, same with the steps for launching and her jumping over.

I don't dislike the control scheme nor the way Faith moves. But some things like action detection could've been more tweaked, I guess. Some moves do depend on the angle of your camera, and screw you over because of it. You only realise your angle was slightly off when this happens, even if it didn't feel wrong.

Yeah that's my issue, and the same problem that I had with Crash Bandicoot. This game especially demands peak perfection in terms of jumping, vaulting, grabbing etc. But...I expected to have a 100% responsive control scheme also. 

Why ask me to do millisecond level of wall tricks if Faith can just randomly slip and break her neck ? xD it pisses me off!

I wonder about the difference for you between platformer challenges and fighting challenges. There were challenges in fighting games where you had to restart dozens of times, right? But you didn't feel like you were failing. Is it a matter of being used to one genre more that makes the same thing feel different? Or maybe enjoyment matters too. Anyway, is it a fair comparison? Sorry if this was asked before 1f642.png.

At this point, I simply think it's my brain that refuses to acknowledge spacing xD For instance, in fighting games, even if you need to do frame perfect stuff, you still are on a safe 2D plane. You move forward or backwards (and to the side when it comes to Tekken like games). It makes more sense.

When it comes to jumping...yeah I can't figure out how to plan my jumps, plan a route, everything. 

And probably it's a matter of preference also. I am probably the only person on the site that dislikes Super Mario ? (but strangely enough I enjoy Sonic).

If I may to go a bit off topic, I've been playing Crash Bandicoot 3 recently, the original version. Got 105% completion already, now I'm trying to get as many platinum relics in time trials as possible. Bruh. If the remastered version had a trophy for all platinum times, it would've had an ultra rare plat, easily. The list as it is now, is actually very good 1f601.png.

Hah best of luck there! For me Crash Bandicoot the first permanently drove me away from that series. I had too many awful moments with that game to even dare attempt the sequels, no matter how good they are.

30 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Your writing is so damn entertaining (as always!) Copanele! I've had my own share of tears and frustration with Mirror's Edge. Not so much the Platinum itself, but those DLC trophies you mention, which were just evil.

Congrats on your 200th Platinum btw! I'm slowly getting there myself.

Big thanks! Yeah I do remember you having a headache with the Pure Time Trial DLC. I tried to play those maps and I think I lost an eye due to the mad colors xD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

At this point, I simply think it's my brain that refuses to acknowledge spacing xD For instance, in fighting games, even if you need to do frame perfect stuff, you still are on a safe 2D plane. You move forward or backwards (and to the side when it comes to Tekken like games). It makes more sense.

When it comes to jumping...yeah I can't figure out how to plan my jumps, plan a route, everything. 

And probably it's a matter of preference also. I am probably the only person on the site that dislikes Super Mario 1f605.png (but strangely enough I enjoy Sonic).

I think I understand it better now. So this is why you're more inclined to retry a fighting game challenge.

Now that I think of it, it reminds me of this feeling. It's sort of a feeling when you're more comfortable with something and you can picture the correct outcome, so it feels more within reach. And it's less frustrating to retry many times because of that.

For me Crash Bandicoot the first permanently drove me away from that series. I had too many awful moments with that game

Yeah I remember all the curses targeted at the crazy orange weasel ?.

but it really feels that there's no progress really

You have 20 stars now, so you're over halfway to the 35 star trophy, I think this is good progress ?.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Slava said:

You have 20 stars now, so you're over halfway to the 35 star trophy, I think this is good progress 1f601.png.

My absolute curse with this game is that I legit ignore the idea of Platinum - my aim is that dreaded Pure Time Trial DLC.

If that DLC was unobtainable, too bad ~ but it ISN'T , and it's BRUTAL! And can't help but think in advance...and while thinking in advance my Faith trips on another set of stairs, making me get 1 star out of 3 xD

bruh-moment-fall.gif

(not gonna lie, maybe I should complain less and train more~ but where's the fun in that? ?)

On another note, I started an interesting little game called King of Seas. Quite a fun pirate simulator game with procedurally generated map, nothing fancy but it will have to do, until God of War Rangnarok gets released

• Like 3

On 31/10/2022 at 6:19 PM, Copanele said:

What's more, I do have the Pure Time Trials DLC so come on...how hard can it be?

2 hours of Mirror's Edge was me doing this: 

fail-peter-griffin.gif

This made me chuckle big time, lmao. xxD

I mean, let's look at the positives. At least you don't hate the game as much as, say, Catherine or Lords of Shadow. So I think there's hope for you to finish Mirror's Edge in the end. I know, however, that it will take lots of cursing, teeth-grinding, and controller-slamming moments. It's a tough game made tougher by the fact the controls aren't as precise as they should be. I had a great time when I played and platinum'ed Mirror's Edge all those years ago but if there's something I never forget about the game is how the controls weren't always that responsive. This then led to so untimely deads or moments of Faith wasting her fucking time like a dumb-dumb after becoming stuck with whatever on-screen (sometimes off-screen) object. It was infuriating for sure. ^^;;

Now, don't give up just yet. Come back to it when you have a chance and take a couple of steps every now and then. You'll find yourself making progress before you notice. I myself have to come back to this one to finish those DLC trophies before January next year, so maybe we can discuss and exchange strategies there. =D Also, feel free to download my ghost data if you want to rage at me. xxD

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I almost wanted to pull my hair out at Actino Rise

Oh god. That map. It was one of the stages I haven't 3-starred. I still wanna try to complete everything someday, but maps like Actino and Actino Rise still intimidate me.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2022 at 1:08 PM, Copanele said:

Suffice to say, this mode was truly fun and permanently cemented Tager as one of the greatest grapplers in fighting games. 

Now this is an achievement - not just finishing with Tager, but playing in the worst way possible: via streaming with lag. Make room for the king.

dU1ij1n.jpg

On 10/31/2022 at 5:19 PM, Copanele said:

So for Mirror's Edge, had only these 2 trophies in mind : unlock every single map trial and collect 20 stars. To unlock every map trial, you need to get the minimum requirement in certain maps, which is 1 star. 3 stars is for the fastest of the fastest, 2 stars is for  "decent job" and 1 star is barely passable. I felt quite confident that I can accomplish 2 or even 3 stars on some maps. What's more, I do have the Pure Time Trials DLC so come on...how hard can it be?

Those GIFs were goddamned hilarious, lol. If just unlocking everything was already this intense, then the 3 stars are going to be an adventure. Going to see if there's room for me to play this month, or even next month - partially because January has me a little spooked (despite being a singleplayer game), and mostly so you aren't suffering on your own. It'll be Lords of *Beeping* Shadow all over again.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Now this is an achievement - not just finishing with Tager, but playing in the worst way possible: via streaming with lag. Make room for the king.

dU1ij1n.jpg

OH MAN I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I PLAYED VIA LAGGY STREAMING!

So, quick review, for those who think game streaming is the future - nah it won't be, at least not this time. I had peak wired internet connection and streaming quality got so bad that I lost in Score Attack mode due to lag. 10/10 experience.

But at least now I got my newest favorite Makoto picture xD 

10 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Those GIFs were goddamned hilarious, lol. If just unlocking everything was already this intense, then the 3 stars are going to be an adventure. Going to see if there's room for me to play this month, or even next month - partially because January has me a little spooked (despite being a singleplayer game), and mostly so you aren't suffering on your own. It'll be Lords of *Beeping* Shadow all over again.

Here's an odd thing about Mirror's Edge...I kinda want to return and try some more runs xD attempt at least 2 stars on some courses. Which is more to say than Lols of Shadow, may that game forever be buried. So after I am done with the game I am currently playing, I think I will actually practice a bit more.

I think you will somehow enjoy Mirror's Edge. It has its mad headache moments BUUUUT once you repeat each track (100-200-300 times....i hope) you do get better. I think. I hope.

I am not very confident ok? ?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sword-blaster45 said:

same here i have been practicing a year for to get better at gaming and it finally paid off but sad i lost every gamesaves for my games and those games you played  @Copanele how where they 

Hummm...some were good...some were decent...some were bad xD 

Really that's the best answer I can give lol! I did grade each and every game as I completed them (more or less)

5 hours ago, MissShake said:

1f914.png

Overwatch??? What Overwatch? All I have is Overwatch 2 on my trophy list 

dd0.jpg

What can I say...I was a younger, more naive Copanele in 2019 ? wasn't hit by the prospects of boosting, "Nerf This" gang and hundreds of days stuck in the quarantine ?

(Wish I was as determined for Mirror's Edge/ C*therine...)

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 2

Overwatch??? What Overwatch? All I have is Overwatch 2 on my trophy list 

dd0.jpg

What can I say...I was a younger, more naive Copanele in 2019 1f60a.png wasn't hit by the prospects of boosting, "Nerf This" gang and hundreds of days stuck in the quarantine 1f602.png

(Wish I was as determined for Mirror's Edge/ C*therine...)

Someday you'll get the Catherine plat... Someday... When you're stuck inside again... And then you'll start dreaming of blocks lol.

• Like 2

That one seems pretty cool!

A little more cartoony that I was picturing when we talked about it - and I like the art-style quite a bit actually, and seems variable enough!

this:

30 minutes ago, Copanele said:
  • Trading - buy products at a low price and sell them high, which results into low income, shame upon family,  game quitting and playing an actual economy sim
  • Plundering - another type of trade. You trade violence in exchange of the unfortunate soul's possessions.

really made me laugh too ?

top notch as ever, man! ?

• Like 3

Not the Blue Pee!!

Seriously though that sounds dope. I actually had to think about when I last played something about pirates, and Donkey Kong Country 2 may be the most recent? I'ma have to peep this one!

P.S. Every time I see Catherine for dirt cheap in a sale I consider it for a second and then Kratochu pops up in my head and I'm like "yeah I'd probably hate this too, nevermind."

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That one seems pretty cool!

A little more cartoony that I was picturing when we talked about it - and I like the art-style quite a bit actually, and seems variable enough!

Yup it is pretty cartoony but that adds to the charm in my opinion. Actually in terms of pirate games i think only AC Black Flag is the gritty serious one.

2 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

Sold! 1f4b0.png Say no more.

Is it kid-friendly (can I play it with my kids watching?) and how long does it take to plat?

Ohhh it's super kid friendly ? artstyle helps a lot in that regard.

As for platinum time...hmmm that is a tricky one...i would say 30-40 hours due to the RNG. However I suck at estimating the time to plat a game so it might take less (or more xD )

55 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Not the Blue Pee!!

Seriously though that sounds dope. I actually had to think about when I last played something about pirates, and Donkey Kong Country 2 may be the most recent1f604.png I'ma have to peep this one!

P.S. Every time I see Catherine for dirt cheap in a sale I consider it for a second and then Kratochu pops up in my head and I'm like "yeah I'd probably hate this too, nevermind."

I always had fun with a Pirate game xD wish Sea of Thieves came on PS as well.

I know Ubisoft is developing Skull & Bones, however that game is stuck in development hell from what I heard. Probably silly Ubi can't figure out how to climb a ship on a tower in order to sync the map or something. 

Goddamnit Catherine...always haunting me with your crappy boxes. Ngl, if any of you would play Catherine, you would probably love it ? it's how it goes in this part of town lol!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...